Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
BOTS NYC was so good. Courtney Act, Alaska, and Sharon Needles were absolute stand-outs, but everyone was fantastic. Ginger Minj did a lipsync skit of Adele's Hello that the audience loved. Violet did a great vaudeville act. The Rocky Horror numbers were at this show too. And PhiPhi came out on stage as boy-PhiPhi and surprise proposed to his boyfriend.

I've never been to a drag show that big or professionally produced. The talent was great and I enjoyed it a lot, was not what I normally expect from a drag show though, it was so different from seeing a drag queen in a more intimate setting like a bar, more like going to a big concert. They also clearly knew that a lot of their audience was likely younger and occasionally tried to throw in those little history lesson clips from the show like on Stonewall, famous drag performers of history, and pop icons through the eras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

A God drat Ghost posted:

And PhiPhi came out on stage as boy-PhiPhi and surprise proposed to his boyfriend.
That's adorable :kimchi:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The happy couple is registered at Williams Sonoma, Macy's and Party City

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esJa8_XlmJI

Oh dax.... :rms:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Tammie Brown covering Pod-era Ween is wonderful and somehow more straight-forward than the actual song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WP_AhJEyfs

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
Victoria Porkchop Parker was on Botched this week. I'm glad she was able to get her nose fixed :unsmith:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
My friend made a thing.

Rise from the grave PURSE FIRST.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
RuPaul just posted this on Twitter:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
..Tatianna?

k

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

ALFbrot posted:

..Tatianna?

k

Maybe she's read a book since last time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ginger's gonna wreck house.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Tatianna's one of the many queens from the earlier seasons who have grown a lot in the 4-7 years since they were on TV. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujn0nmqahVI

...also dang Adore still looks a hot mess :eyepop:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Oh Lord, I am looking forward to Katya gracefully knocking down these queens while splaying everywhere. Am not looking forward to drama bomb 2.0. Uuuunnnhhhhh indeed.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
That line up will produce so much shade, I fear I shall never see the sun again. :toot:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Tatianna's one of the many queens from the earlier seasons who have grown a lot in the 4-7 years since they were on TV. :shrug:

I don't doubt that she's grown, I just don't think that anybody was putting her on their Fantasy All-Stars ballots

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I actually thought that was Laila McQueen at first glance

Edit: also glad to see Alaska is gonna finally get the crown she deserved 👑

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

ALFbrot posted:

I don't doubt that she's grown, I just don't think that anybody was putting her on their Fantasy All-Stars ballots

I've always been a huge fan of having the non-top 3 queens on All-Stars myself :3: (but your point is made) :)

big black turnout posted:

Edit: also glad to see Alaska is gonna finally get the crown she deserved 👑

Yeah, this is Alaska's crown to lose. Kinda hoping for a little more drama so it isn't as straightforward a crowning as the last All-Stars but she sure as hell deserves it

Also, here's everyone's individual portraits in high-res. :dance:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I don't know, she's not as polished, but I figured Adore was the front-runner on charisma and breakout potential alone. I think Adore and Alaska are definitely in the top three, along with Katya if I wish hard enough.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

ALFbrot posted:

I don't mind (and actually prefer) having a queen from the earlier seasons on All Stars, but you're right, Tatiana is just a :shrug:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tatiana is the Mimi of this cycle.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Tatiana is the Mimi of this cycle.

I wonder who else will replace Willam in the All Stars seasons to come

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty excited about nearly all the returners, if a little S5 heavy. Only ones I'm not too crazy to see back are Ginger and Coco. But maybe Ginger will be less bitter, and Coco won't relive her feud with Alyssa.

I'm loving these "Elizabethan-yet-spacey" promo pics. Detox looks amazing. Roxxxy's dress, however, looks horrible. I can't believe she'd wear that.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Roxxxy's dress, however, looks horrible. I can't believe she'd wear that.

It's one of many drag queen dresses that clearly has an interesting idea behind it but falls completely flat in execution.

Katya's is actually one of my favorite, it's totally bizarre but also weirdly hyper-fashionable, which fits her to a T. (Alaska, Phi Phi, Detox, and Coco are also all on point.)

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I'm getting House Tyrell realness from Detox.

Also, has she had more work done? Her face looks pretty different, and I don't think it's just from being painted differently.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
She looks almost unrecognizable to me. Like a white Raja. Could be the makeup and camera angle.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

She looks almost unrecognizable to me. Like a white Raja. Could be the makeup and camera angle.

It looks to me like she's changed her contouring/make-up game for her cheekbones, but it's hard to tell. Could just be because she's photographed in quarter profile/photoshopped to hell etc.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I saw Tatianna at her home club Town in DC last year. She definitely did not do this. She came out, she didn't dance, she didn't lip sync, she literally just made laps stomping around and grabbing dollars bills from all the straight girls losing their poo poo in the audience.

And spoilers, big spoilers, regarding what I read earlier this year about the boot order, read at your own caution:

Adore is first to go, and loses her poo poo. Alaska and.... I think Katya were the top two.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nihonniboku posted:

And spoilers, big spoilers, regarding what I read earlier this year about the boot order, read at your own caution:

Adore is first to go, and loses her poo poo. Alaska and.... I think Katya were the top two.

That's not quite right, from what I've heard (Alaska's boyfriend got mad at her for drinking and went on a messy instagram spoiler spouting spree)

Elimination spoilers: Coco is the first to go, Adore walks out in the second episode because she feels overwhelmed by the number of people from Season 5.

The top three (and other stuff about AS2) is (theoretically) already known, you can find the T by googling or searching the /r/rupaulsdragrace subreddit.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

That's not quite right, from what I've heard (Alaska's boyfriend got mad at her for drinking and went on a messy instagram spoiler spouting spree)

Elimination spoilers: Coco is the first to go, Adore walks out in the second episode because she feels overwhelmed by the number of people from Season 5.

The top three (and other stuff about AS2) is (theoretically) already known, you can find the T by googling or searching the /r/rupaulsdragrace subreddit.

Thanks. My memory was foggy, and I like your version better than mine anyway, haha.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The top 3 is mentioned back on page 12 of this thread, for the lazy.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I want 'walk into the room purse first' to be a thing now. That was funny.

Quoting this because I was looking on page 12 for spoilers and this caught my eye. If only you had known how much of a 'thing' it would become.

Also, I'm excited for AS2!

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I get to see Willam next weekend at Pride After Dark. Soooo loving stoked.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Emily A. Stanton posted:

I get to see Willam next weekend at Pride After Dark. Soooo loving stoked.

reminder that Alaska has referred to Willam as a "shock queen" and Willam's live shows have involved champagne enemas to his song "Only Anally" and fisting on stage to Britney Spear's "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet a Woman"

it will own and I'm slightly jealous

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I've not checked the spoilers but I plan on rooting for Alyssa as she cracks me up the most. And rooting for Phi Phi as the dark horse because its not easy to come back from serving jail time for sunglasses theft and she recently did a killer Evil Lyn and She-Ra drag cosplay. Alaska in top 3 is good too but does not need the win to advance her brand.

I don't want to live under the reigns of either Adore, Ginger or CoCo Montrease and plan to cast aspersions on them throughout.

Its understandable why LaGanja Estranja could not fit this round but she should be on any All-Stars 3rd season.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Went to a drag contest in Austin last night. It was a lot of fun, and now all those people who made fun of me because I hadn't seen a drag queen with plastic hair have simulated sex with a man made of food and then beat him to a pulp with a hammer will have to find something else to tease me about.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Eeeh did everyone just forget that Tatiana also had one of the best snatch games ever. I also wouldn't judge anyone from the 2 earliest seasons too much as the show was still trying to find it's footing.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I coulda done without Tatianna and Coco Montrese. I do not want to see a repeat of the Alyssa/Coco feud, like, at all. I haven't seen much of seasons 1-3 though so maybe Tatianna's better than the clips I've seen.

Also, please no teams this time. That was terrible.

A God Damn Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 18, 2016

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Trig Discipline posted:

Went to a drag contest in Austin last night. It was a lot of fun, and now all those people who made fun of me because I hadn't seen a drag queen with plastic hair have simulated sex with a man made of food and then beat him to a pulp with a hammer will have to find something else to tease me about.

Sounds like there's not much difference between some drag shows and a GWAR concert.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yodzilla posted:

Sounds like there's not much difference between some drag shows and a GWAR concert.
Still waiting for someone to pull out Slymenstra Hymen on Snatch Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Yodzilla posted:

Man, if they had a GWAR themed runway....

I'm ready for Katya to take it all :allears:

• Locked thread