Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
1: A. We have time to drop the corpse off.
2: E. We need to do do ITEC's accounting first before we move on to anything else.
3: K. A shrine to Quackeen would help bring wealth to ITEC, and prosperity has always been our priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

This was covered before but to reiterate: Buying a house will cost a lot more than [01 wealth] which is what you have at the moment.
The other bottleneck is time. You have, at best, eight days, three of which is needed to travel to Harst. Even finding a house to buy might take a day or two of scouting and convincing. After that there is the insurance paperwork to consider, what company to insure the plot with and for how much and against what kind of disasters. The Bureaucracy moves slowly even at the best of times, and they would need to audit your establishment before they would consider taking your money, since they don't want to lose theirs.

There is simply no way you can think of this plan can be pulled off with the current time-constraints.

Also to consider is the fact that most criminal investigations, especially those with big money on the line, tend to utilize divination. As in: asking God what happened and who is responsible.

Yeah, figured it'd be something like that. How much does it cost to send a raven with a little scroll on it's leg?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Yeah, figured it'd be something like that. How much does it cost to send a raven with a little scroll on it's leg?

Sending letters of any sort costs a trivial amount. Most long-distance-messages on Rim travel via person on horseback, however.
[01 wealth] is actually a relatively large amount of money, enough to pay for the services of a recruit level mercenary for an entire month.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
1. A
2. G, read it on the way
3. L. Toil.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

So hey, remember that invisible skull-faced monster that we fought a while ago?

quote:

Should you in your pursuit of profit stumble into a creature that has not yet been catalogued, the Guild would be overjoyed to receive your (mandatory) contribution to its annals.
Fame and glory awaits the Hunter who shares his knowledge, for it is on this very concept the Guild was founded. Indeed, only through teamwork does the common man have any chance at fighting back against the monsters and forces of evil.
I get the feeling we should have made a report out of that. Actually, what we should have done is get our hands on the corpse, hand it out to the guild and gotten a boatload of money and fame, but failing that, it's apparently our duty to at least communicate that to the guild.

That being the case, my vote is as follows:

1- A
2- Write-in: write and submit a report about the invisible skull-faced monster to the guild, making sure to explain that you couldn't get to the corpse because your men needed immediate attention or some other likely excuse.

I am not particularly enamored with any of the 3. options so I'll abstain.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 10, 2016

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Waci posted:

A
I
L - Toil

Yep

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

There is always something going on though. The longer you stay in one place, the more likely something new is to catch your attention.

No orphan brought any interesting news?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A
G
K–Toil changed to O

HBar fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 11, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's keeping us from having multiple shrines or statues?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

What's keeping us from having multiple shrines or statues?

Technically nothing? A shrine is dedicated to a single God, but there is nothing preventing you from having multiple shrines though the space required would mean you need to devote an entire room to it.
Eg; you may vote to dedicate the Chapel to all the Gods if you so desire. That might actually make more sense now that I think about it. Shrines for individuals, Chapel or all of them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

1: No preference
2: E + Submit report to the guild about the monster as a "keep on the look out for people summoning something like this" warning.
3: Chapel to all the gods, no preference for the shrine

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
On Worship

RandomPaul brings up a good point, so I will bring question three up for re-vote with slightly slightly different options and a bit more explanation.
If you wish to change your vote to one of the new options, please state so in your post! If you don't care, then feel free to skip this part, I will make it work somehow in the end!

--

3: ITEC headquarters has much room for expansion, but Guild Law and lack of disposable income prevents you from doing much about it at the moment. One thing that has always been available, if disused however, is the the Chapel. Or was it shrine?
How pious are you, anyway? Every building of note has a special plays to venerate the Gods and the Emperor, but whom is venerated differs greatly by whim inhabits the building. As leader of ITEC and owner of ITEC HQ, you decided to (retroactively)...

M: Do nothing.
There is a small alcove dedicated to the Emperor and that is quiet enough for you.

N: Install a small shrine to one of the main deities.
Nothing fancy, but a small way to pay your respects to the Deity you show preference towards.
Which one? Write-in.

O: Dedicate a room to a Chapel dedicated to all the Gods.
Paying your respects to all the Deities is sure to boost morale amongst your recruits, as they are a varied bunch with their own preferences and beliefs.

P: Dedicate a room to a Chapel dedicated to only One of the Gods.
Which one? Write-in. This option is especially pious, a statement of intent for both your own preferences and in extension that of ITEC as well.

As a reminder, the three (+1) main deities of Rim are the following:
Quackeen, Goddess of Trade.
- Worshipped by those who enjoy having lots of money, the obtaining of said money and the economy in general. Other things under her purview include exploration, travel and maths.

Toil, God of Labour.
- Worshipped by those who believe hard work is its own reward.

Lolth, Lady of the Hearth.
- Worshipped by those with great passion, Lolth is the sticky substance that keeps the Empire together. Spiders, pain, beauty, fashion, all fall under her domain.

The First Emperor Rim of Rim.
- Worshipped by some, though the United World Church frowns quietly on such heresy as Emperor Rim was but a man. Still, a lot of very successful people try to follow his example.
Domains, if he had any (he doesn't) would be something like Being Perfect, Succeeding At Everything Despite All Odds and Running the Empire.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Switch from L to O then.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Switch from L to O

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

K to O

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

What other essential rooms are we lacking?

Kitchen, more beds, sparing room, deposit, etc. Maybe we'll regret wasting one on a chapel.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

O it is, then!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
What's In My House?

Mr. Nemo posted:

What other essential rooms are we lacking?

Kitchen, more beds, sparing room, deposit, etc. Maybe we'll regret wasting one on a chapel.

... The next thing you knew you were standing outside of your very own guildhall. It was a thing of beauty. Two stories high, including training room, a shooting range, cantina and barracks. It was a former Imperial Army garrison, and it showed. It could comfortably house upwards of twenty soldiers and fend off ten times that number should the worst come to worst.

We haven't really discussed the ITEC HQ in much detail yet as you've never had enough money to afford to upgrade your base of operations, and also it's still only the second month of your career. These things will come with time. If there is a lot of interest I could go into things in more details sooner rather than later, however.

The short of it however is that yes, you do have a few empty rooms to spare, even after (having already retroactively) installed a chapel.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Switching L to O

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A Mind For (Al)Chemistry

You get up from your desk, all thought of accounting gone, throw the salmonster corpse in a wheelbarrow and head of to the gnomeish merchant with whom you have struck a deal.
Half expecting your hopes to be dashed and his shoppe a smouldering crater you are pleased to find this isn't the case.

Wotcher! You yell as soon as the little man steps out from his on-site warehouse to greet you. He looks alarmed, begs you to whisper. The chemicals are anxious, he explains. Best not to wake them.
More quietly you tell him of your latest encounter and show him your prize. He eyes the half rotten, de-toothed, de-meated and de-clawed corpse sceptically. You start to describe the transformation, but he stops you before you can even begin.

Yes, he assures you. Salmonsters are well known amongst alchemists.

From what he and his colleagues in the Guild of Alchemists have been able to ascertain, there are two key ingredients in the Salmonster transformation process; Bile and Blood. But only the blood of their prey will do, for the monsters themselves contain only a sickly ichor of saltwater and bile. When mixed; an immediate semi-coagulating effect occurs that stretches the thin elastic skin of the Salmonster to its limits, essentially blowing it up like a balloon from the inside. The reaction releases a potent mix of chemicals and hormones akin to adrenaline throughout the monsters system. The result is a temporary increase in both size and strength at the cost of what little sanity the beast can normally be said to possess, as the self manufactured serum courses through their bodies.

Bile Experiment

The bile is, of course, toxic to most sentient humanoids, and so it the meat by extension. This has not stopped experimentation however. Especially since the monsters themselves share some similarity to salmon, a popular fish/dish amongst people living close to the river.
As far as they call tell, the only way to make it safe for consumption is to remove all trace of bile, and the only way to do that is to cook it with intense heat.

You sigh inwardly. So much for your regular roasted salmonster-meat. [-02 Rations, though these are trivial to replace] However, your Flash-roasted meat should by all accounts be fine.

What then about the bile itself? Can nothing be done with it, you ask? Not to worry, the Alchemist has an answer here as well. Aside from simply using it as a wicked poison, there is a (delicate) process with which to lessen the toxicity and unlock the transformative potential of the blood serum. However, he lacks the necessary ingredients to perform the procedure at this juncture. Anticipating your next question, the gnome scribbles down a list of ingredients for you.

code:
Salmonsters Strength Serum

1 x Fully Equipped Alchemy Lab 				[X]
N x Jar of Salmonster Bile 				[X]
N x Jar of Holy Water 					[ ]
N/2 x Red Slime 					[ ]
You quickly eye the list. Seems simple enough, the bile you already have access too, and the gnome would presumably mix the serum in his own lab. That leaves Holy Water and red slime.
The Holy Water is easy; any Quackinite temple worth its salt should have some for sale. Toil doesn't really do blessings of that sort and frankly you wouldn't want to drink anything offered you by a priestess of Lolth, however kindly the matron.
Red slimes are trickier, you know they dwell amongst the lava flows of active volcanoes, but they thrive in all places of intense heat. They are usually reserved for imperial industry, where their calcified form might protect delicate equipment from harm,
but with enough money maybe the Slimegeneers Guild can be persuaded to part with one?

1: What do you want to do with the bile?

A: Make the serum of course!
I give it to the Gnome for now and storm off to the Slimegeneers Guild and the local Temple to Quackeen to see if I can't purchase the missing ingredients right away.

B: Make the serum of course! Except I don't want to spend any money.
Maybe you'll find a Red Slime in your travels, now that you know where to look. Holy Water is most easily obtained from a priest, in a temple, but perhaps there might be other sources, that cost less?

C: Actually, having a poison sounds more useful.
Keep the Bile. Perhaps you could coat some arrows in it, should you ever find the need to fight something that isn't a monster.

D: Ew! Get it away from me!
Give the bile to the gnome or dispose of it in some other way.

---

2: You had a strange idea. A vision of fire, carnage and doom. What if you combined FOOF, jars of acid and the Flash-heat powder from the mine? Wouldn't that just be grand?
Maybe you should tell the gnome about your idea. Who else would listen? Anyone else might call you mad...

D: Yes. This is a good idea.

E: No, FOOF is dangerous enough!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
1A 2D

Obviously!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

C. Too much effort and money for a buff potion unless it's a permanent stat boost.
D. "Why not?" famous last word

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
B A strength serum is much more utility than a poison and can be used in more situations, but our money situations does not currently allow for extra expenditures, ESPECIALLY since we are already doing a charity mission.

E A dwarf accountant does not gamble on ridiculous ideas like this. Let's stick to the tried and true methods of monster killin' before we start spending time and effort on ridiculous boondoggles like this. I mean, let's at least get some decent equipment on our guys first :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B - We'll probably come across red slime in the forge rooms of the factories we're going to.
D- Doom! This is an extremely good idea.

A dwarf accountant does not take stupid risks experimenting with unstable materials. That's what Gnomes are for.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

An accountant would understand "No risk, no gain."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Let's not risk breaking our legs when we have someplace to be.

B and E

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B
E

Let's not waste any more time. Or risk the gnome's life.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Mr. Nemo posted:

B
E

Let's not waste any more time. Or risk the gnome's life.

Risking their life for stupid poo poo is written into them at the genetic level.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Outrail posted:

Risking their life for stupid poo poo is written into them at the genetic level.
Indeed. That can only mean god intended them to be suicidal for the good of the empire! Denying them the right to perform risky experiment is to defy god's will!

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Adding a refill on FOOF and Ethereal Cupcakes to my vote.

If we are going to fight metal golems we are going to need as much firepower as possible, and you never know when becoming a ghost will be useful. We may even be able to spook the man responsible for the Automata's rebellion (?) into obedience if we pretend to represent a God.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B, D. With the stipulation that experimentation be limited to much less potent amounts of substance. Like a few grams worth at most.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

CE. The gnome has been good to us, let's not accidentally kill him. And the serum isn't a great idea if it means our buffed teammate goes mindless in a crucial battle. They could just as easily end up attacking us instead of the enemy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HBar posted:

CE. The gnome has been good to us, let's not accidentally kill him. And the serum isn't a great idea if it means our buffed teammate goes mindless in a crucial battle. They could just as easily end up attacking us instead of the enemy.

Smear it on a crossbow bolt and shoot it at enemies at the back of their lines, it's like dropping in a friendly berserker as long as they kill it before you get to it.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The FOOF of Doom

Gnomes aren't born but made. At least that is what some would say. That gnomes are wrought out of a maelstorm of mad ideas and ridiculous desire. If this is the case surely your metamorphosis is close at hand, for in your head has formed the embryo of doom.

Even as the merchant before you is finishing up his lecture on Salmonsters a debate rages in your head. Can you really share this scheme of yours? Is it safe? Is it sane? But who else but the alchemist before you would understand? Who else would listen?
There is a fire in your soul. A lust to see it released. You thank him for the list, pocket it and leave the corpse at his desk. You share a silent moment before you continue.

"So, I found some uh, reagents on my travels. A powder that when lit aflame causes intense heat. A green liquid that I assume is acid. I was wondering if these could possibly be combined with the FOOF?"

The gnome looks at you quizzically, as if to gauge the potency of your experiment without even looking at the ingredients.

"Looking to take on the Imperial Army, or is it a dragon you are after?
FOOF is dangerous you understand, reacting violently with everything it touches. Only through delicate alchemy and special crystals can it be contained. The acid you found might break that containment, as could the heat powder should it be ruffled too early.
You'd need something greater still than our usual crystal to make sure everything stays in place, an isolator to keep the payload in check until the right time.
A catalyst to ensure the idea is worth it to begin with.... and you couldn't just throw it either, there would have to be some sort trigger mechanism.

Hmm. Yes, it could be done. But I haven't the foggiest about where to look. There must be some monster out there with the right qualities. Alchemy will do the rest."

Monsters. Right. Of course. But you know hardly anything about them, and even the combined knowledge of ITEC isn't much to go on either. If only you had some sort of repository of monster hunting lore to consult...

Wait...
You check your pockets....

---

Mosters Monthly – Beasts of The River Ennui

The River Ennui is a source of life, a constant wellspring from whence our Empire derives its civilisation. Nothing can be more abhorrent to The Forest and all the dark forces within, so it stands to reason that many monsters great and small make our Lonely River their home or hunt and feed in its environs.

In the pages to follow the Guild has done its utmost to detail these creatures, their abilities and weaknesses, in the hopes that they shall guide Monster Hunters both new and old in the practise of their culling, for Profit, for Glory and for the Good of the Empire.

---

You flip through the pages, looking for anything of interest and whilst there are a great many monsters listed, few stand out as anything befitting your purpose. Two however, do.

---

Tortaur
The Impervious Amphibian

Threat Level: Low/seasonal.
Type: Chimaera
Size: Huge -> Gargantuan

The Tortaur makes its nest deep in the lakes fed by our great river. There they lie dormant for two seasons of the year, rising only from their watery fortress for a few days to feed on and destroy everything in their path until they once more submerge to slumber.
Predicting their rampages is easy enough, as the surface of the infested lake will rumble most unnaturally as much as a week beforehand. Dealing with the monster is another thing entirely, as its tough shell seems impervious to most common implements of war.

Aside from the shell, the Tortaur sports massive lighting fast jaws and strong behooven legs. Engaging it in meleé is folly, and most ranged attacks (short of maybe military grade siege engines) is likewise bound for failure.
The most common tactic deployed by those who have successfully engaged it boil down to large crushing traps and deep kill-pits, where the monster is either starved to death, roasted or less commonly stabbed with war pikes from behind battlements dug into the sides.

The shell is highly prized by armour-smiths and some factions within imperial industry and a fine reward is sure to await all those that obtain one without too much battle damage.
As for the rest of the corpse, Tortaur-soup is said to be delicious, though considering the lengths you have to go to obtain it a decent meal hardly seems worth the effort.

As long as we monster hunters remain vigilant or the Imperial Army is alerted ahead of time keeping these beasts in check is a difficult but ultimately doable enterprise.

---

Ankheg
The Burrowing Scourge

Threat Level: Medium
Type: Insectoid/Symbiont
Size: Large

The Ankheg is a roaming omnivore, calling no place its home but the very earth itself. It can be found wherever the stench of decay is strongest, but prefers the fertile lands around the River for the looseness of its soil.
They traverse our glorious Empire beneath the ground by shaking themselves and all around them at incredible frequencies, sliding through shattered rock and dirt with ease. They are thus sometimes nicknamed 'tremors' for the quaking which heralds their coming.

Resembling most closely members of the Myrmeleo family, these creatures are notable for three distinguishing features: Their size, their locomotion and their symbiosis.
At full length standing twice as tall as man, with axelike mandibles and pole-arms for real-arms and six spindly but none the less sharp legs, it bristles with spikes of chitin covering the entierity of its hard but jointed outer shell.
It is these joints that form the only real weak point; a solid slash to a intersection will cut through the Ankheg like any other unarmoured flesh, where a similar blow to it's shell would bounce of harmlessly or get stuck amongst the keratin spikes.

The Ankheg like its smaller cousin is an ambush predator, lashing out at any who would dare tread within its reach. Either popping out of the ground briefly to bisect prey with the anterior limbs or more often to grapple them bodily from below in its jaws. A
An attack which even if it doesn't outright kill often injects the victim with a quick acting paralysing poison.

For these reasons and more, it is best to fight one where it's natural defences and mobility are negated, such as in rocky or mountainous terrain (where they seldom if ever go) or close to sturdy Imperial Architecture.
When burrowed, they seem to rely on ground vibration to locate their prey so all attempts at stealth should focus on the nimbleness of your gait, the rythm of your footsteps and the weight of your gear.
When unburrowed however, multiple redundant but rudimentary eyes make due in daylight conditions.

What then, makes this all possible? The answer comes from the dissected corpse of many an Ankheg, and our esteemed colleagues in the Slimegeneers Guild: The Tremor Slime.

In between the exoskeleton and the internal structure of an Ankheg is a veritable breeding ground for these otherwise unseen oozes. Unlike their vibrantly coloured counterparts, these Slimes lack the membrane that usually serves to carry the varied the abilities found within others.
Instead, the non-newtonian Goop is where it's at. From what the Empires best maelobiologists have been able to ascertain, this goop acts to completely cancel out all oscillation, instead containing the kinetic recoil within to be later distributed if threatened or presumably consumed if not.

Needless to say the slime contained within an Adult Ankheg is very much sought after by Guilds and Industry both. Other valuable trophies include the anterior scythe-like-limbs, the various glands responsible for its toxin.

Long weapons such as pikes or spears may keep the beast at bay for a time, though it may easily snap them, but heavy axes make for the best meleé ranged weapons against them.
Hammers and other blunt instruments are hopelessly ineffectual for obvious reasons, more likely to cause the foolish hunter that brings them harm than the monster itself.
Ranged attacks such as crossbows and longbows can be effective with high precision strikes but the speed at which it moves (not to mention that it moves mostly underground) make them a likewise poor choice.

In short; the longer you can force it to fight above ground, the better off you will be.

---

You bid the gnome farewell and return to ITEC to pack the last of your things before you make your way again unto Harst. Keeping in mind that you must travel light so as to make it there in time, you get to work organizing your goods.

Travel Gear Summary]
Your rations are well-stocked.
Your supplies are adequate.
Your equipment is nearly adequate, in need of minor repairs.
Your Load is [Light] at 04 points. [Medium] at 06 points and [Heavy] at 08
Currently, you have a [Light] load of 04 points.
You may travel without penalties.

[Extra Gear Summary]
You may bring up to 03 flasks of highly pressurized acid, though you may wish to keep one for your Experiment. Due to safety concerns, brining any of them will take up [01 Load]
You may bring up to 05 bottles of FOOF, though you may wish to keep one for your Experiment. Due to safety concerns, brining any of them will take up [01 Load]
You may bring 01 additional pouch of Flash-Heat-Powder (name pending), though you have more in storage with the other members of ITEC. The weight is negligible and the risk minimal as long as you keep it away from fire. It will not count against your total load.
You may bring up to 09 Etheral RimRose Cupcakes, should you so desire. They are lightweight and will not count against your total load.
You may bring one weeks worth of Flash-Dried Salmonster Jerky, replacing your standard rations. It should be enough for the trip, and the taste is sure to go over well with your crew. Certified non-toxic by your local Alchemist. Try some today!

1: What do you bring?
Write-in.

---

2: Anything else you want to do before heading out? The world is your mollusc, the citizens of the Empire yours for the talking, for the asking of sage advice. You have a single point of wealth to spend, though you may wish to save it.
You have an in-house temple you could visit if you feel yourself in need of spiritual guidance, though you are no priest and have little in the way of sacrifice it may still serve to calm and soothe you.

Additionally you could perform some last minute accounting (see last vote) if there is anything you really want to know more about your organisation, or perhaps you would like to peruse your new magazine some more?
It houses a great deal of information on the more common monsters in your local area and I will assume you bring it with you for this reason unless otherwise stated. You may [consult] it for monster lore whenever you please, should you so desire.

---

Party Thoughts:
Kvelar: “Automata working in forges of iron must be built to withstand the heat. You'll find no use fer alchemy in that holiest of places, dear cousin. Yet I know not what else we could try.”
Abigail: “Huh, what does this FOOF stuff do? Is that what you used to kill the giant Owlbears? Wicked!!”
Khami: “To walk into the desert without water is to welcome death into your heart.”

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bring more water, bring experiment set

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Okay, so uh, Golems.

I say we bring our Rations, but also 2 bottles of Acid as well as 1 bottle of FOOF. Also a cupcake so we can have another Trippy Interlude at some point. I figure that Acid might be useful against the golems, since even if they are heat resistant they might not be corrosion resistant. Also, I feel we might actually need FOOF as an emergency option against such formidable enemies. To blow up catwalks over ominous, open pits of molten steel if for no other reason :v:.

This will put us at 7 load, which is [Medium], until we eat some rations to lighten up.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

1. 02 cupcakes
01 flash-heat-powder
load up on water
Jerky rations seems ok, though maybe a little boring if that's all we're eating?

2. Some quiet accounting in front of a shrine to Toil seems good

edit: Bringing FOOF to a town we're trying to save from being burned up/destroyed seems counterproductive.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

hollylolly posted:

edit: Bringing FOOF to a town we're trying to save from being burned up/destroyed seems counterproductive. like an ironic self-fulfilling prophecy

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Yeah, I'm not super keen on it either, but these are actual Iron Golems we are up against. We might actually NEED heavy ordinance, depending on how tough they are in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Drop by the local Temple to Toil, let them know what's up, hear them out.

2 FOOF
2 Acid
1 Cupcake