Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Regy Rusty posted:

Praise the sun dude owns

If I had the opportunity to go to e3, I would probably do the same thing as soon as I entered through those doors :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Apparently there was a stampede this morning at e3 to get to the Nintendo booth to play this game. The line for the demo of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was four hours long!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMRnlWf2P0

All aboard the hype train

To put that four hours into perspective, Nintendo's booth was huge and every one of their kiosks were for Zelda.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't imagine how many hours this will take me to complete. I spent like 70+ hours on Twilight Princess, and far more than that just loving around in Wind Waker. Never played any of the Skyrim or whatnot open world games so have no basis for comparison, but this could be a very, very long play experience for me.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

feedmyleg posted:

I can't imagine how many hours this will take me to complete. I spent like 70+ hours on Twilight Princess, and far more than that just loving around in Wind Waker. Never played any of the Skyrim or whatnot open world games so have no basis for comparison, but this could be a very, very long play experience for me.

It took me over 200 hours to beat TW3, nowhere near all the sidequests and none of the DLC. So.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Crosspostin' this from the e3 thread, not sure why I didn't think there was a zelda thread lol:

Link opens chests when he's not directly in front of it by kicking it

and if he's not wearing shoes

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
The subtleties in this game are amazing. Little details like that chest kick, Link's shivering animation, or how he flinches and covers his eyes at a bomb blast really display the kind of passion the team is putting into it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

HighwireAct posted:

I think my biggest concern is not with this game specifically, but with what happens after. How are they possibly gonna top what's looking to be the definitive 3D Legend of Zelda?

They make the Breath of the Wild version of Majora's Mask, where they double down on just loving around in the massive world. A massive open world Zelda game filled with nothing but the crazy side-quests.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

alternatively it'd be interesting to see a modern take on the super dense but very focused world of MM. take a break from the wind waker style for a while

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

To put that four hours into perspective, Nintendo's booth was huge and every one of their kiosks were for Zelda.

My friend texted me that he was just about to get his turn at Zelda yesterday, he said it had been about 2:45 and he got there early.

He works for one of Sony's studios and got invited to some big party on Wednesday where he got to chat with Neil Druckmann and Hideo Kojima at the same time :argh: He said Kojima has multiple photographers who basically tail him constantly.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm interesting to see Nintendo getting into DLC with this game. It seems primed for it where you can have an existing landmark become the entrance for more content or just add it to the map. And if the game's good enough, who wouldn't want some more?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
DLC is good, I hope we get it for Zelda

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah as much as I enjoyed Mario Galaxy, that's pretty much all I want from Mario at this point. Just Mario 64-2.

Mario 128.

God, could you imagine an open-world Mario where all the stars are available to collect from the get-go

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lemming posted:

DLC is good, I hope we get it for Zelda

DLC can be good. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Mario as a Metroidvania platformer

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

DLC can be good. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

All Nintendo DLC is good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regy Rusty posted:

When I play I'm going to beeline for Hyrule castle and Death Mountain ASAP and get killed

I'm gonna go straight to death mountain and there better not be any stupid guard with a locked gate saying I need the King's permission to enter or anything like that

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

30m day/night cycle on Nintendo's website.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/movie/top.mp4

6:30 - something huge moving on the mountains??
16:30 - meteorite falls to the ground??

That meteorite must contain metal or ore of some kind the way it lit up like a beacon. That's probably one of the main sources of rare metals/minerals.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

pentyne posted:

That meteorite must contain metal or ore of some kind the way it lit up like a beacon. That's probably one of the main sources of rare metals/minerals.

All I know is I've got to collect all 50 of them, whataver it is

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

pentyne posted:

Exactly what I was just discussing with my cousin. The way it lights up definitely means for you to go find it. And I was guessing it'd drop some item you'd use.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This is going to be the greatest game ever made.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

agreed

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

30m day/night cycle on Nintendo's website.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/movie/top.mp4

6:30 - something huge moving on the mountains??
16:30 - meteorite falls to the ground??

Looks like it disappears just as the sun begins to rise. Maybe a rare, space-borne resource that can only be collected at night, like Terraria's fallen stars?

also HOLY gently caress this game is beautiful. Even just scrubbing through the gif every frame is absolutely gorgeous.

look at that lighting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
I think Breath of the Wild is the perfect illustration of the age-old gamedev adage that ideas are worthless and execution is everything. None of its mechanics are particularly innovative individually, but the way Nintendo synthesized them, and the absurd level of polish and passion they put into them, elevate the game head-and-shoulders above most other open-world titles.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HighwireAct posted:

I think Breath of the Wild is the perfect illustration of the age-old gamedev adage that ideas are worthless and execution is everything. None of its mechanics are particularly innovative individually, but the way Nintendo synthesized them, and the absurd level of polish and passion they put into them, elevate the game head-and-shoulders above most other open-world titles.

:agreed:

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
the game isn't even out yet

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Charlie Bobson posted:

Yeah so it's nice that Nintendo showed a lot of people actually playing the game instead of just lovely trailers so we can get a sense of what the game is actually like

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Charlie Bobson posted:

lol yeah

dont get me wrong, it looks epic, but cmon

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Charlie Bobson posted:

That must be why the tears won't stop.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

lol yeah

dont get me wrong, it looks epic, but cmon

It's going to be the best game ever made.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

mabels big day posted:

It's going to be the best game ever made.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's out, in my heart

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goons, are you going to get Breath of the Wild for Wii U or NX?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lemming posted:

Yeah so it's nice that Nintendo showed a lot of people actually playing the game instead of just lovely trailers so we can get a sense of what the game is actually like

Now I'm just picturing it as an Ubisoft game and it has co-op and some actors are reading off a script to demonstrate the intended experience.

"Got some Bokoblins to our northwest"
"Targeting their sniper"
"My Axe is B.D., i'll throw it to the chief to set up your combo"
"Cover firerod set and ready"
"They spotted us, go go go!"

Camera pans away when the axe misses

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Probably NX, depending on what the NX actually is.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Depends on how close the two version are to parity, and whether the NX has enough other stuff going for it to make a worthwhile immediate investment.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it would be pretty cool if the sword from the title screen of the NES LoZ wound up being the ultimate sword in one of these games

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

elf help book posted:

Probably NX, depending on what the NX actually is.

i will be getting it for NX because there are zero other games on the Wii U that i wanted when I had a Wii U, so i may as well be an early adopter and hope better stuff comes out more frequently.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I'm getting it for the Wii U since I already own one.

Nintendo should just drop the mic after making this greatest game of all time and switch to third party, or patchinko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Most likely Wii U but currently I feel like I can be very easily dissuaded into getting it and an NX at launch instead.