Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I removed my self from Adahn because I didn't think they were scun and I did offer an opinion, hammer dropped before deadline was up so it became moot. I'm not softly blaming everyone. Im saying there were probably scum on the moat vote and for w.e. reason you take this as me taking some moral high ground which I'm not.

Keep in mind that hammer fell before deadline.

....by like three minutes. Literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Adahn1986 posted:

I made lots of cases. Why would I make more scum cases than there are scum?

You and infin built a scum case on moat. Great job. And I'm not 'OMGUS'ing you, I'm just saying that your judgment has been proven, at least once, to be off the mark.

If you lynch me, it will be proven bad yet again. Does that prove that you're scum? No, it just proves that you've got zero interest in making town cases for anyone.

Which. Is. What. I've. Been. Saying.

I guess we'll see what happens when one of us flips!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I actually am really willing to vote AA purely for the way he is misrepresenting his play at EOD yesterday. He's acting like this hammer came in and procured him from continuing to offer an opinion. This is false. The hammer came in because there were LITERALLY >5 minutes at the time it occurred. AA was not posting in a manner at the time that made any of us think he was actually paying attention to the thread.

The town thing to do in this case is to say "yeah I kinda hosed that up, I didn't realize how close to deadline we were when I started a reread and I was focusing on that instead of the clock." OR "I know it was going to be tight but it really was important for me to make an informed decision, but I should have said who I was planning on voting at the start of it rather than leaving everyone in the dark while I maybe did what I was saying."

What AA is CONTINUALLY insisting on here is that he was kept from voting by a hammer coming down early. That...that is simply not the case.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I guess we'll see what happens when one of us flips!

You are by no means thunderdoming right now so this is vey odd to me.

Also if Adahn flips town (and I think he will at this point) he gets to keep contributing so this whole line of argumentation is giving me bad feels.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

You are by no means thunderdoming right now so this is vey odd to me.

Also if Adahn flips town (and I think he will at this point) he gets to keep contributing so this whole line of argumentation is giving me bad feels.

I kind of feel like I've said everything I have to say about Adahn. He's by far my top scum read, I'm trying to get other people to give feedback on my case, and I'm voting there. We're talking in circles so I don't really know what else there is to say.

What makes you think he'll flip town? You don't think he's going through a lot of effort to not say anything incriminating?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

First and foremost I cannot imagine at -1 in a 9 person game Adahn, having hosed up that much as scum and with me on him like a hound, does anything but give up and shut up. Instead he starts naming people and offering opinions on them. He has continued to do that today, knowing he would be a major candidate. Unless he is banking 100% on not going down AT ALL, his scum flip will basically hand the game to us cause we can probably figure out who the remaining scum is somewhere in there.

And again, I just don't see that being the correct scum play. Adahn strikes me as smart, and if he knew he had hosed up royally, he would shut up as scum, I think, so as to give his partner a fighting chance. His list posting strikes me as someone who does not care if he continues as a voting force in the game, and scum wouldn't do that. It's the main reason I unvoted him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I actually am really willing to vote AA purely for the way he is misrepresenting his play at EOD yesterday. He's acting like this hammer came in and procured him from continuing to offer an opinion. This is false. The hammer came in because there were LITERALLY >5 minutes at the time it occurred. AA was not posting in a manner at the time that made any of us think he was actually paying attention to the thread.

The town thing to do in this case is to say "yeah I kinda hosed that up, I didn't realize how close to deadline we were when I started a reread and I was focusing on that instead of the clock." OR "I know it was going to be tight but it really was important for me to make an informed decision, but I should have said who I was planning on voting at the start of it rather than leaving everyone in the dark while I maybe did what I was saying."

What AA is CONTINUALLY insisting on here is that he was kept from voting by a hammer coming down early. That...that is simply not the case.

I don't like this case. I'm not disagreeing with you that it's weird that AA didn't hammer, but I don't see how that's indicative of his alignment given that Moat flipped town. It feels like an insignificant detail - I don't see what's in it for scum to delay the hammer there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

First and foremost I cannot imagine at -1 in a 9 person game Adahn, having hosed up that much as scum and with me on him like a hound, does anything but give up and shut up. Instead he starts naming people and offering opinions on them. He has continued to do that today, knowing he would be a major candidate. Unless he is banking 100% on not going down AT ALL, his scum flip will basically hand the game to us cause we can probably figure out who the remaining scum is somewhere in there.

And again, I just don't see that being the correct scum play. Adahn strikes me as smart, and if he knew he had hosed up royally, he would shut up as scum, I think, so as to give his partner a fighting chance. His list posting strikes me as someone who does not care if he continues as a voting force in the game, and scum wouldn't do that. It's the main reason I unvoted him.

I don't know how many times I have to say: read Adahn's posts. He's using a lot of words, but he isn't saying anything. His "opinions" that are giving you a town read on him are just him saying "I think __ is town", which is something scum does more than town.

I can't believe you think AA is scum because he didn't drop the hammer on town, but you think Adahn's LAMIST and town reads make him town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't think that AA is scum because he didn't drop the hammer. I think he is scum because he purposefully made us decide how we were going to deal with it, and then blamed us for "not giving him enough time to consider anything." It's not like the hammer dropped 5 hours early, why even push this as a point.

Here's something we're forgetting: stumps = confirmed town reads and opinions we can trust, without WIFOMing if they are being genuine or not. That's bad for scum. Maybe they wanted to push a no-dunk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And I disagree with you on the town reads are useless thing, because he's made scum reads too. He flips scum, we look at his entire post history, we see where his opinion changes randomly, we find scum. He is offering WAY too much and caring way too little about what he says to be scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This no vote finder at end of day is busting my chops.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say: read Adahn's posts. He's using a lot of words, but he isn't saying anything. His "opinions" that are giving you a town read on him are just him saying "I think __ is town", which is something scum does more than town.

I can't believe you think AA is scum because he didn't drop the hammer on town, but you think Adahn's LAMIST and town reads make him town.

I'm a tree. I get that you're not seeing that, but I can't begin to imagine how I'd need to play in order for you to get the right read on me.

I don't know who is scum. I don't know who is town. Everything that I say is a result of and reflection of that, and yet you've reached the wrong conclusion. I don't know what you think I'm hiding because I have literally nothing to hide.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

....by like three minutes. Literally.

Yes, but stating I intentionally avoided deadline or slithered away from it is false. I had been there prior to the moat vote and came in with an opinion after they were hammered. I'm not going to post and drive and the lead up to those final minutes, I was working. As everyone has already mentioned and bitched about. Very middle of work day for many of us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here is the final votefinder that got posted:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Adahn1986 (4): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Quidnose, Li Dawny, Murmur Twin, Max
Moatillata (1): Max, Max, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Quidnose, Quidnose
Li Dawny (1): Adahn1986
Anomalous Amalgam (1): dongsbot 9000, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Max, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Max
Max (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Anomalous Amalgam
Murmur Twin (1): Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Moatillata
Quidnose (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
dongsbot 9000 (0): Max, Max

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 16th, 2016 at 2:39 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 38 minutes.

Votes after that, in order:

I unvote, Adahn -2.
MMT votes Moat, Moat and Adahn tied at -3.
Dongs moves to Moat, Moat -2.
I vote Moat, Moat -1.
Adahn hammers, at 5min left.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Adahn did this exact same thing in Trumpining, he rambled on and on about who else to suspect up to the last vote on him. His town game is more insisting on his innocence and being flustered by the votes piling on him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

I don't think that AA is scum because he didn't drop the hammer. I think he is scum because he purposefully made us decide how we were going to deal with it, and then blamed us for "not giving him enough time to consider anything." It's not like the hammer dropped 5 hours early, why even push this as a point.

Here's something we're forgetting: stumps = confirmed town reads and opinions we can trust, without WIFOMing if they are being genuine or not. That's bad for scum. Maybe they wanted to push a no-dunk.

Why are you spinning my words around, I'm just saying I was there. Sorry I have obligations and a limited lunch break. I don't see what's unclear about that. Furthermore, I'm blaming no one. I simoly didn't want to hammer Adahn who I believed was town and am now questioning as a result of Dong's post. You're pushing a strange point here, and keep in mind that I wasn't the only person around at end of day, like I don't see how me not wanting to hammer a player I believed to be town is scummy and I feel like you are being willfully ignorant to force a point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

His town game is more insisting on his innocence and being flustered by the votes piling on him.

Isn't that what he's doing here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I want to be very clear again: I have no problem with AA's play at the end of day. I have a problem with him coming in and saying that Moat was "quick hammered" when we LITERALLY had 5 minutes to a no-dunk. Why are you insisting you had no agency at end of day because of this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm a tree. I get that you're not seeing that, but I can't begin to imagine how I'd need to play in order for you to get the right read on me.

Repost your case on me using at least one of my quotes.

quote:

I don't know what you think I'm hiding because I have literally nothing to hide.

I think you're hiding your alignment.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMT, who is Adahn's scum buddy?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

I want to be very clear again: I have no problem with AA's play at the end of day. I have a problem with him coming in and saying that Moat was "quick hammered" when we LITERALLY had 5 minutes to a no-dunk. Why are you insisting you had no agency at end of day because of this?

He was quick hammered from my stance because when I left for lunch Adahn had 4 votes on him... how is that strange to you. I'm not saying its like a start of day turbo, just that the time between adahn being at -1 to moat being hammered was quick. You're taking that way out of context seemingly intentionally.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AA I would believe you a lot more if you'd spend less of the game trying to convince me how town you are and complaining about how much you hate everyone for being on your case when you can't play or whatever and more time casing people. Every time you come in here it's to tell us how you are a victim and it makes me think you are scum.

You are correct that you haven't called anyone out here beyond the initial "quickhammer" post and I see where you are coming from in regards to the Moat vote shifting very quickly, and I can see you missing that during a reread, and also understand you not wanting to hammer someone you think is town.

You think Dongs/Li are the scum team, yes?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Adahn did this exact same thing in Trumpining, he rambled on and on about who else to suspect up to the last vote on him. His town game is more insisting on his innocence and being flustered by the votes piling on him.

Ok, so what happened was the cop had investigated me. I tried to cast shade on exactly one other person (Kashuno) and that failed.

You're all welcome to check the thread, or you can lynch me based on Dawny's gross misinterpretation of what happened leading up to my being lynched.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778268&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Isn't that what he's doing here?

No, he's making cases and pointing fingers, he's saying 'gee wiz guys, scum sure is doing a darn good job', he's not rampaging/cursing/being really ducking rude like I've seen him do as town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

That's great and all but your push contributed to one tree getting chopped down, and Dawny's implied vote puts me at -2

Scum is winning this game pretty handily

Actually I didn't make a 'push' on Moat. I made a logical case for him as scum and others chose to vote with me, after I went to bed.

You say weird things and that's why my suspicion is on you.
"Scum is winning" is an odd thing to say. Why not have some faith in our firefighter?

Murmur Twin posted:

What made you think that LD and Dongs were scum before you moved to Adahn? I'm trying to gauge if you're seeing what I'm seeing or if you're just being an opportunist.

When I woke up the next day after making my case on Moat I caught up on the hundred or so posts that were made overnight.

Li Dawny came off feeling incredibly opportunistic and trying to steer the conversation.
Something I'm noticed a lot in Dongs as well earlier.

I'm in bed atm, 6am in Australia, but I plan on making proper cases for them both when I wake up later today. Just hard to quote poo poo on mobile.

I'm voting Adahn atm to gauge his reaction, and I'm not liking how he's responding.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

I didn't think he was faking non-chalance, but at least he'll be around to weigh in.

Quid, dongs, and AA seem to care about who gets lynched and who doesn't, which makes me think they lean town.

Max was pressed for time, but the flippancy with which he changed is troubling (he didn't feel good about the vote but was prepared to stump me regardless).

Dawny's case against me was built around actions she herself took (trying to get dongs to bandwagon on me was a bit scummy), as well as apparently my behavior prior to being lynched in another game. However, since she hasn't played with me when I was both scum and town, I hardly think it's fair of her to generalize my behavior.

We've got a lot of time, so I'm in no rush to vote, but I'm still most suspicious of Dawny and Max.

At the same time, I'd appreciate having heat fed my way, as my primacy as a lynch target will keep me from getting primed.

Adahn1986 posted:

MMT's strongest scum reads this game so far are me (I'm 100% tree) and Moat (proven tree).

I feel like she's quite an astute player, but has been working to throw people off their game more than anything.

In essence, that's the impression that I got before and it's been consistent.

Infinitum went insane on Moat, but his choice of Dawny for today seems a bit odd. Still hard to read him.

Max is also still a hard read. I feel like he should be a scary force of town justice, but he seems like he's holding back? Trying to escape notice?

I think I will trust my gut, and my head, and our stump buddy and go with ##vote MMT for now.

I don't understand why you have a problem with these cases MMT. This looks like town thinking to me. Can you explain again why you think he's just calling people town and doing nothing else, beacause he's definitely not here.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

You say weird things and that's why my suspicion is on you.
"Scum is winning" is an odd thing to say. Why not have some faith in our firefighter?

Because it's a guessing game that is hard to win with a lot alive, and like I said at the beginning. 3 mislynches and 2 good primes is a scum victory.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like Quidbro for town

Adahn1986 posted:

Because it's a guessing game that is hard to win with a lot alive, and like I said at the beginning. 3 mislynches and 2 good primes is a scum victory.

Again a weird thing to say.

Why would town be 'guessing'?
Town is 'casing'

The language you're using is more akin to scum pretending to be town, than town hunting for scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

AA I would believe you a lot more if you'd spend less of the game trying to convince me how town you are and complaining about how much you hate everyone for being on your case when you can't play or whatever and more time casing people. Every time you come in here it's to tell us how you are a victim and it makes me think you are scum.

You are correct that you haven't called anyone out here beyond the initial "quickhammer" post and I see where you are coming from in regards to the Moat vote shifting very quickly, and I can see you missing that during a reread, and also understand you not wanting to hammer someone you think is town.

You think Dongs/Li are the scum team, yes?

So because I'm not playing the game to how you think I should play under pressure, I'm scum? That's truly ridiculous. I'm not coming in to play the victim or just appear when called out, but I mean if I'm actively being cased or called scum, why wouldn't I try to refute the arguments?

I am most suspicious about you, li dawny, max and dong. Although Dong made a very good point today about the switch that makes me think he might be town. So I'd say you, max and li dawny in that order. LD hasn't been too vocal today, but max came in pressing a point that I slithered away EOD and you did this too, but now are basically casing me for defending myself.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You have no thoughts on MMT?

Also, if I am scum, then why did I unvote Adahn at the EOD, basically helping the shift on to Moat?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would like an answer to this:

Quidnose posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Im sorry Adahn.

It's no use.

Everyone knows you're scum now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

You'd have to be high on the list but I'm not trying to count chickens before they hatch. I feel like you're trying to move away from what I feel is a slam-dunk on Adahn for what I believe a lukewarm lead on AA.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

You'd have to be high on the list but I'm not trying to count chickens before they hatch. I feel like you're trying to move away from what I feel is a slam-dunk on Adahn for what I believe a lukewarm lead on AA.

So I put a shitton of pressure on Adahn, my scum buddy, at EOD1, so I could unvote when he sat at -1 for loving ever and move the vote onto Moat?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I believe Li Dawny/MMT are the scumteam.

MMT's insistence on Adahn being scum reads as fake. Her lumping me in with Adahn as a potential scumbuddy makes no sense, and I don't believe if she had actually read any of me she would be making that claim now.

The only other person she has really given an opinion on that I remember is Moat, who we know is town, and who she helped lock in as dunk yesterday by moving her vote off of Adahn after my unvote. Like I said, scum might actually be wanting more no-dunks than stumps, so I could see her doing this with Adahn as town.

Beyond that, I don't see her offering any reads. This is odd MMT play and the most damning thing right now is her trying to connect me and Adahn. Makes no sense with my play at EOD yesterday, and she should have seen and known that SINCE SHE WAS THERE AT THE TIME.

Li is mostly gut, she's way under the radar, not really posting much except to snipe, and her play where she was town was WAY different than this.

##vote MMT

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

So I put a shitton of pressure on Adahn, my scum buddy, at EOD1, so I could unvote when he sat at -1 for loving ever and move the vote onto Moat?

Did you miss the "I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch"? My being potentially wrong about a Quid/Adahn scumteam doesn't invalidate my read on Adahn as scum.

Quidnose posted:

MMT's insistence on Adahn being scum reads as fake. Her lumping me in with Adahn as a potential scumbuddy makes no sense, and I don't believe if she had actually read any of me she would be making that claim now.

Do you really not understand what I'm saying about Adahn?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I believe Li Dawny/MMT are the scumteam.

The only other person she has really given an opinion on that I remember is Moat, who we know is town, and who she helped lock in as dunk yesterday by moving her vote off of Adahn after my unvote. Like I said, scum might actually be wanting more no-dunks than stumps, so I could see her doing this with Adahn as town.

Beyond that, I don't see her offering any reads. This is odd MMT play and the most damning thing right now is her trying to connect me and Adahn. Makes no sense with my play at EOD yesterday, and she should have seen and known that SINCE SHE WAS THERE AT THE TIME.

Li is mostly gut, she's way under the radar, not really posting much except to snipe, and her play where she was town was WAY different than this.

##vote MMT

Different how?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

##vote MMT

For someone who claims you can't possibly be connected to Adahn you sure jumped at the chance to invalidate my case on him with your hypothetical posturing.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Again a weird thing to say.

Why would town be 'guessing'?
Town is 'casing'

The language you're using is more akin to scum pretending to be town, than town hunting for scum.

Dude, we were talking about Ferngully. For her it's a guessing game on who to douse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Im sorry Adahn.

It's no use.

Everyone knows you're scum now.

• Locked thread