Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

dragon enthusiast posted:

Here is when you should ban a character/stage/mechanic: when people stop playing the game because of it

Don't people quit playing street fighter when people start "spamming" projectiles, though?

No fireball characters allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lol if you're a baby who wants characters or stages banned

you will fight my all black team on shield helicarrier and like it, motherfucker

Electromax
May 6, 2007
What's the sweet spot size for fighting game rosters I wonder? Somewhere between vanilla SF2's 8 (which is obviously viable) and TTT2's mugen-esque 59.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Electromax posted:

What's the sweet spot size for fighting game rosters I wonder? Somewhere between vanilla SF2's 8 (which is obviously viable) and TTT2's mugen-esque 59.

depends how diverse they play i guess.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
so not like tekken then

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Electromax posted:

as many as they can fit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electromax posted:

depends a lot on the game. Games like Marvel and KoF need bigger cast sizes just because they use a team system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they support KOFXIV with more characters after launch that select screen is gonna be awesomely huge in a few years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

If they support KOFXIV with more characters after launch that select screen is gonna be awesomely huge in a few years.

i'd be funny to require the 2nd screen phone app to see them all.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Finally a fighting game system that requires the second screen of a wiiU or a 3ds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Finally a fighting game system that requires the second screen of a wiiU or a 3ds.

when can i get special move macros on my touch screen like 3ds?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Just ordered a bunch of seimitsu parts for my fightstick. the key to winning tournaments is having the most expensive peripheral right???????

I haven't actually played with seimitsu stuff (famous lats words) but I like the idea of a stiffer stick and hammering on buttons so they seem up my alley.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A stiff stick is also right up my alley

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
hubba hubba

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

attackmole posted:

Just ordered a bunch of seimitsu parts for my fightstick. the key to winning tournaments is having the most expensive peripheral right???????

I haven't actually played with seimitsu stuff (famous lats words) but I like the idea of a stiffer stick and hammering on buttons so they seem up my alley.

I know in general Siemitsu sticks are preferable for shmups as they have a much shorter throw than the Sanwas. I imagine this would also be helpful for fighting games that place emphasis on the stick being in neutral position, like Tekken. As far as the buttons go, I don't know much about the difference other than the Seimitsu buttons feeling less responsive (not in a bad way, more that they don't activate with a feather touch like Sanwa buttons do).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure is a great game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Semitsu is amazing. Switched my sanwa out this week and became instantly better at dashing. Fb's and srk's feel better too imo because the motions required are smaller and much easier to control because the stick has more resistance. Its amazing

Also menu navigation feels so good i dont know if i can go back just based on that

Only downside is the ball top screws off if you turn it too much :p

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 18, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
He's also clear that Marvel will only work with developers who they think will make excellent, top tier titles instead of just "good" games. So far their two publicly announced partners are Insomniac and Telltale. He speaks very fondly of the LEGO games, but IIRC that's run out of the mobile licensing division.

rip marvel (even though they'll still make a buncha eh mobile games)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maybe arcsys next series, you know, that third one they've been entertaining doing (apparently) will end up being a marvel fighting game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm not serious, marvel fighting games are dead rip

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe a cota remake, but appearing with capcom characters is too degrading for a hot property like marvel

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i dont want a vs series game without neo_g heading up the gamefeel anyway

no one can do it better and theyd probably get like loving dimps or something

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the company that gets fighting game sales "appropriate" to the quality of marvel is owned by and makes games for marvels biggest competitor in the realm of comic book ip

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they also make really bad fighting games, but like any loving one outside of a very small group of people knows what the hell a good fighting game even is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Marvel vs. Tekken

book it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

the company that gets fighting game sales "appropriate" to the quality of marvel is owned by and makes games for marvels biggest competitor in the realm of comic book ip

there's always the nightmare scenario of smash marvel

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fereydun posted:

there's always the nightmare scenario of smash marvel

nightmare?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NecroMonster posted:

These guys??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHqWEn1PY8

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

anime was right posted:

He's also clear that Marvel will only work with developers who they think will make excellent, top tier titles instead of just "good" games. So far their two publicly announced partners are Insomniac and Telltale. He speaks very fondly of the LEGO games, but IIRC that's run out of the mobile licensing division.

rip marvel (even though they'll still make a buncha eh mobile games)

Even if MvC meets their criteria, isn't Marvel going through a phase right now where they're basically not letting people put X-Men characters in anything?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fox owns the rights to (almost or) all of the money from x-men merchandising but none of the rights to produce x-men merchandise

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

NecroMonster posted:

maybe arcsys next series, you know, that third one they've been entertaining doing (apparently) will end up being a marvel fighting game

Arc should do a Shonen Jump vs Arc System Works game.

I originally thought Capcom could do it, but thinking of it I'd love to see a 3 v 3 crossover Arc System Works fighter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the third series arcsys wants to do is an idolmaster fighting game

<<< for arcsys

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

NecroMonster posted:

fox owns the rights to (almost or) all of the money from x-men merchandising but none of the rights to produce x-men merchandise

Yeah, and the issue is that Marvel is deliberately trying to tank X-Men as a gently caress-you to Fox, so new Marvel games from here on out won't have X-Men characters, the comics are getting buried while Marvel pushes "Inhumans" or something, I dunno, comics stink.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Mori is going to make his RWBY fighting game and you guys are going to like it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh rwby has good character designs and some interesting weapons so i'd be all for an arcsys rwby game

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know nothing about RWBY other than there's a character with gauntlets that fire shotgun slugs. If they did that, I'd be obligated to play it just for that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mycot posted:

Mori is going to make his RWBY fighting game and you guys are going to like it.

This would actually be cool and fit ArcSys' mo p well

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007

unironically this

puyo is the best fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Arcsys vs. SNK when