Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I have an hour to go before I walk off this job forever and it is killing me.

Everybody is mad.

Should have opened the door, supervisor. Should have opened the door.

Livestream it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

Livestream it.

It's all very boring because despite being goofy I am still a professional with blah blah blah established sets of decorum and ethical duty blah blah blah.

That said, I am actually pleasantly surprised that nobody has outright cursed at me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

It's all very boring because despite being goofy I am still a professional with blah blah blah established sets of decorum and ethical duty blah blah blah.

That said, I am actually pleasantly surprised that nobody has outright cursed at me.

like with swear words or an attempted hex?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Keane's cleaning out his desk, streams of light whizzing by his head, his Garfield "I hate Mondays" mug turns into a mouse and scurries away.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I have an hour to go before I walk off this job forever and it is killing me.

Everybody is mad.

Should have opened the door, supervisor. Should have opened the door.

Make him close the door behind you when you leave

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Make him close the door behind you when you leave

/agree a snide comment about doors or doormen is pretty much the only thing to do on your way out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

/agree a snide comment about doors or doormen is pretty much the only thing to do on your way out.

It's incredibly tempting, but the company itself will continue to hire me as a consultant (and spend literally 2-4 times as much) and I do have a good enough reputation that I don't want to squander it.

That said, holy moley do I want to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

It's incredibly tempting, but the company itself will continue to hire me as a consultant (and spend literally 2-4 times as much) and I do have a good enough reputation that I don't want to squander it.

That said, holy moley do I want to.

Man thats a shame, because I would want to as well, but not if it meant losing money.

CURSE YOU ADULT LIFE! :argh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

like with swear words or an attempted hex?

Swear words. Construction is, shall we say, more lenient with little things like swearing or not saying racist stuff or not sharing memes involving pictures of genitalia around.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

has anyone here seen "chupacabra vs the alamo"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

has anyone here seen "chupacabra vs the alamo"

seen it? i lived it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What's a thing to do on New York on a Friday night. Assume I lost the Hamilton lottery.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's a thing to do on New York on a Friday night. Assume I lost the Hamilton lottery.

Sit in your tiny hovel of an apartment and order takeout.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Drink

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rockwood music hall in LES typically has pretty good shows, that'd probably be an off the cuff recommendation. UCB has fun improve shows, and Friday night is usually one of their better nights. Apart from these, cocktail and beer bars are always a nice trip.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cry

and/or stalk Lin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

go to UCB and take me with u

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anyone else ever play Mafia with the CEO of Vimbly? I half-wonder if I played with any IRL goons.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've got UCB tickets for the Sunday show, but I can probably go to another one? It's not a bad idea. I'll also look at Rockwood.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Update: instead of going to see comedy, I'm going to do the opposite of that; I'm hanging with Keane

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

Update: instead of going to see comedy, I'm going to do the opposite of that; I'm hanging with Keane

remember when he starts doing his whole wizard act to look behind the curtain

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

We all make mistakes sometimes

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

go to a speakeasy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I drove from Albuquerque to Durango today. Not bad, and a very pretty drive. Could have done without a bundle of telephone wire falling out of a truck in front of me and getting stuck under my car at 80mph though!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I drove from Albuquerque to Durango today. Not bad, and a very pretty drive. Could have done without a bundle of telephone wire falling out of a truck in front of me and getting stuck under my car at 80mph though!

Yikes, glad you didn't get into an accident.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ah, you're going to see tragedy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah, you're going to see tragedy.

:thurman:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

drat, that sucks!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

It was a set up. KB tried to kill you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm funny...FUNNY LOOKING THAT IS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

drat, that sucks!

See. This reads as insincere!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, my facebook just recommended Podima as a friend to me.

Sometimes I boggle at the level of tracking and data mining that must be happening.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Wow, my facebook just recommended Podima as a friend to me.

Sometimes I boggle at the level of tracking and data mining that must be happening.

That usually means Podima searched for you and looked at your profile.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ask pmom how he knows that

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I had a date with a boy and I creeped him on FB. A few hours later he added me, I said something like "uhh is it okay for you to creep + add me before the date" and he said "idk, you just showed us on PYMK".

~fin~

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

That usually means Podima searched for you and looked at your profile.

This didn't happen! (Full disclosure: I searched unsuccessfully) I did check in at ABQ tho so maybe that's the deal?

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
The classic "I'm not creeping, you're the one creeping" gambit.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

See, and I had jumped to much bigger conclusions. Like our facebook apps knew we were at the same location for a long period of time.

This makes much more sense. :)

Also, my collector's edition of Tokaido finally showed up and it is beautiful.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Time for another round of quote this post and get to send messages to strange women through my okcupid account.

The first person to get a response wins, what do you win? Nobody knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Here's my profile picture so you can blame your failure to get a response on my ugly face: