Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

I've no idea how to embed a youtube clip with this awful app but here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen Smith's kick.

ili fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I hope that this means we get more of Walker in Origin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Lol Manly

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Wait, why are people having a cry that a dude coathangers one of the key players for the other team in origin and gets a suspension. It's because he wears a blue jersey isn't it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Who's crying? Reading the SMH article on it basically says that everyone involved hopes he gets off and that it would be disappointing, but nothing much more than that. Queensland projecting again? (note that I don't read the murdoch news so who knows what tripe they're peddling).

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

:saddowns:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
maybe he shouldn't tackle people high if he wants to fulfill his dreams

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As I said, gently caress off Murdoch press.

And yeah, maybe don't high tackle JT the game before origin if you want to play. Or if you do, at least rub him out for the series. Amateur.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

As I said, gently caress off Murdoch press.

And yeah, maybe don't high tackle JT the game before origin if you want to play. Or if you do, at least rub him out for the series. Amateur.

NRL 360 were arguing they should change the rules so he only gets fined because missing out on big games is too much punishment for a 'minor penalty'. Now maybe I am just a softhearted Qlder but it looked like a pretty shocking high shot to me.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

NRL 360 were arguing they should change the rules so he only gets fined because missing out on big games is too much punishment for a 'minor penalty'. Now maybe I am just a softhearted Qlder but it looked like a pretty shocking high shot to me.

I haven't seen the shot beyond the photo in that article, and I think it looks pretty bad. No idea of his record, though, and the NRL judiciary has regularly shown over the years it's happy to give bizarre sentences to Origin players (I can think of it happening both ways over the years, but can't look it up at work). From what I've seen it looks like a week off, easy, but on past performance I wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to give him 95 points.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'd like to see Graham play just because he should have been in the team a long time ago and the unfair judiciary is one less excuse the Blues have when they're trounced yet again. Jackson was good in the last game but surely Graham/Cordner are the choice edge forwards

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

I haven't seen the shot beyond the photo in that article, and I think it looks pretty bad. No idea of his record, though, and the NRL judiciary has regularly shown over the years it's happy to give bizarre sentences to Origin players (I can think of it happening both ways over the years, but can't look it up at work). From what I've seen it looks like a week off, easy, but on past performance I wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to give him 95 points.

He copped a similar charge last year, grade 2 careless I think, and has 33 carryover points. Without either of these he would have been able to play with an early guilty plea. But because of his record looks like the NSWRL will have to find him not guilty on the grounds of playing for the blues.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CL_VUm3gh0

its worse in motion

The fuckery last year to delay the tribunal is probably the worse fuckery I have seen with suspensions but hey NSWRL are going to be shitlords so welp

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Byolante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CL_VUm3gh0

its worse in motion

The fuckery last year to delay the tribunal is probably the worse fuckery I have seen with suspensions but hey NSWRL are going to be shitlords so welp

For mine the worst was Hayne in 2010. He headbutted Billy Slater and even admitted it at his hearing. It took the judiciary 8 minutes to find him not guilty on the grounds that his headbutt was obviously and clearly not intended to hurt Slater.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Is there another angle of it? From that one it kind of looks like Thurston kind of slips trying to step left and is going down as he gets hit, and Graham might have bounced off the ball or chest a bit.

This is all off that angle, I'm just looking at what's in that blurry footage. Possibly enough to round it down to grade 1, if that's the case.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Is there another angle of it? From that one it kind of looks like Thurston kind of slips trying to step left and is going down as he gets hit, and Graham might have bounced off the ball or chest a bit.

This is all off that angle, I'm just looking at what's in that blurry footage. Possibly enough to round it down to grade 1, if that's the case.

Don't know about any other angles but the charge is already a grade 1. He either gets off completely or misses origin.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

That does look way worse. 360p is majorly hosed up

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

:lol:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wade Graham found guilty, will miss origin.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

Wade Graham found guilty, will miss origin.
CONSPIR-

oh ok

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Ehh I dunno, maybe it would be fairer if you infringe during a regular season NRL match that you're only suspended from regular NRL season matches and not from rep level (be it NSW, QLD, Kangaroos etc).

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fanatic posted:

Ehh I dunno, maybe it would be fairer if you infringe during a regular season NRL match that you're only suspended from regular NRL season matches and not from rep level (be it NSW, QLD, Kangaroos etc).

I agree that we shouldn't punish players for trying to take out their opponents the match before rep level football.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i feel like that rule would lead to gallen and bird never retiring

e: Tamou confirmed as going to the Panthers. no doubt some form of broncos conspiracy to eliminate all threats

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 16, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Widnes 0 - 7 Wigan, 62'. Widnes fluff their 4th potential try. poo poo match don't watch it. But worth looking at the "highlights", impressively poo poo.
And another good chance squandered, loving widnes man, wigan are poo poo kill them!

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 16, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Warrington Catalans is a good game, half time atm, 12 man cats just ahead 16 - 10, Gigot sin-binned (correctly) for a dangerous tackle.

Its a really good game, 20 - 18 to warrington 5mins to go, the warrington fans got the ref to blow forward pass, gently caress.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 17, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh Eels, still as crazy as a bag of cats

shame we won't get to see Radradra play another NRL game for a while

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bowmore posted:

Oh Eels, still as crazy as a bag of cats

shame we won't get to see Radradra play another NRL game for a while

The TOP 14 clubs are quite flush with cash, and being Pacific Islander, he'd be quite attractive to them since he doesn't count towards the limit on no-EU players in the starting XV.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
On top of the rumours about Kieran Foran walking away from league, apparently Semi Radradra has walked out on the Eels to play union in France effective immediately.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Top 14 signed a huge broadcasting deal with Canal+, so right now there's a shitload of money in that competition. I wouldn't be surprised if there are raids made on the NRL again, if Radradra is successful as a convert.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

There were apparently issues with Semi being pissed about unpaid TPAs earlier on this year and was looking for a way out of Parramatta, wasn't expecting a Semi-Bill Williams style escape though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Never gets less funny when we're reminded how little nrl contracts matter.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Parra reckon they gave him permission to go to Fiji over the bye week so we'll see how it plays out.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Parra reckon they gave him permission to go to Fiji over the bye week so we'll see how it plays out.

I'm fairly certain that Parra have no loving idea what's actually happening.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I'm fairly certain that Parra have no loving idea what's actually happening.

Yeah that's my default assumption with that club, usually it turns out right.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving refs in the Warriors game:

"I gave him a warning about his ten metres earlier in the game, then I gave a penalty for it. Then I gave another over there, and then another over here. Now I've given another here, and I'm not going to give any more warnings........"

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

loving refs in the Warriors game:

"I gave him a warning about his ten metres earlier in the game, then I gave a penalty for it. Then I gave another over there, and then another over here. Now I've given another here, and I'm not going to give any more warnings........"

Don't warnings reset at halftime anyway?

Was the sin binning fair? Couldn't see poo poo at the ground.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Professional foul.

As before, not sure what you need to get a penalty try for, and it's good to see the professional foul extended into new places it never existed in before without telling us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

More than fair. Was lucky not to have been followed by a penalty try.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahhahaha they literally will not sinbin a rooster. It's impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress this Roosters deliberate penalty tactic, just keep binning them until they stop ffs.

• Locked thread