Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else playing Rhythm Heaven: Megamix? Its got a huge amount of songs in it, and I dont think im anywhere near unlocking them all. There appears to be a weird online component to it too where we can play challenge maps to unlock even more songs, if anybody wants to try that out

some of my favorite songs, but this is my first rhythm heaven and i havent heard everything yet. some of these might not even be in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh6LajQJ1MY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WxIZImJlhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZbt5obvQg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyNQTiNfu0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0J8wmucIbM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I was thinking about buying it tonight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am but i am kind of bored so far

when do i get to remixes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At the top of the green tower

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I already beat the story because I already mastered 75% of the games before this even came out.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i have two questions

- how much does it cost (i'm poor)
- does it use the l button, mine is broke and i haven't fixed it (i'm poor)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

30 dollars and 99% of the game is played with the A button

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
deki deki deki desuka.. oooo sugoi desune!! :neckbeard:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think lumbearjack is my favorite new game in this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I think lumbearjack is my favorite new game in this

That's a good one. I like the expression the bear makes when they put a soda can on the stump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the only way to get perfects to wait until the show up randomly in the challenge section? That seems annoying

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Is the only way to get perfects to wait until the show up randomly in the challenge section? That seems annoying

If you get a superb on every game you don't have to wait anymore apparently. Hell if I'm there yet tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just got to Outer Hevven this morning .... here to we go, amigo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

goferchan posted:

If you get a superb on every game you don't have to wait anymore apparently. Hell if I'm there yet tho

Oh really? Guess I'll go do that then. Only got like 8 or so that i didnt get superb on, mostly the gba ones because they're all weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only come across one game I didn't like and it's the ghost shooting one because it doesn't even play a song, it's just counting down different tempos and it keeps stopping and slowing down

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
does the us version of megamix have the option for japanese audio?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

does the us version of megamix have the option for japanese audio?

Yes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

sick!! loving cool

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
tap troupe is one of my favorites from the wii one, along with ringside. its also got my favorite twist of any video game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOfp5TTfUw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

tap troupe is one of my favorites from the wii one, along with ringside. its also got my favorite twist of any video game

horrifying..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill be buyig this. should i try playing the other ones if i do though?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

no they will not posted:

This is also one of my favorites but it's not in megamix :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be buyig this. should i try playing the other ones if i do though?

In addition to original minigames this also has a ton of the games from the other 3 in the series. There are a few favorites here and there that didnt make it in but for the most part it pretty much covers all the great ones. So its a good place to start.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Most of the great ones from the DS game that didn't make it are the ones that relied on swipes, so maybe that's the one to get. That one is really drat hard tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i would rather push a button than swipe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All these people with Lloyd's OC as their avatar is really throwing me off lately.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i would rather push a button than swipe

Agreed.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

All these people with Lloyd's OC as their avatar is really throwing me off lately.

a crazy person from the anime subform bought like 300 lum avatars for some reason? who can say why

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

There appears to be a weird online component to it too where we can play challenge maps to unlock even more songs, if anybody wants to try that out

is this onlinme or just local

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont really get why they added the coins and story stuff, i dont hate it but none of the other games had it and i dont think they needed it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

is this onlinme or just local

I couldn't tell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"its free if you play with your friends" im being unfairly taxed

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

i dont really get why they added the coins and story stuff, i dont hate it but none of the other games had it and i dont think they needed it

I haven't played this yet, but they've always kinda had tertiary story stuff. You unlocked mini game backstories in the wii one & there was that whole cafe thing in the Gameboy original.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Hat Thoughts posted:

I haven't played this yet, but they've always kinda had tertiary story stuff. You unlocked mini game backstories in the wii one & there was that whole cafe thing in the Gameboy original.

the entire structure of this one is different, you meet a guy at the beginning who asks you for help to go somewhere, and you and him go to different areas where people are sad and ask you to beat rhythm games for them and theyll open doors for you

its still all completely linear, just imagine there was a cute character with their own tiny story who unlocked each remix in the old games. it doesnt really get in the way, but its not very interesting either, when before they might have just had the big grid of minigames

the cafe and extra details are also still in there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it all feels like overall they spent way more time on the package yet the actual minigames arent as exciting

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The story and presentation was cute and all but now that I've beaten the story, navigating through a bunch of areas just to find the game I want to play can be annoying.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

The story and presentation was cute and all but now that I've beaten the story, navigating through a bunch of areas just to find the game I want to play can be annoying.

you can just play them from the museum

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

it all feels like overall they spent way more time on the package yet the actual minigames arent as exciting

Huh thats weird.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why can you feed the goat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

Why can you feed the goat

Every 10 levels he gains he poops out a mascot that shows up in the bottom corner when games load

• Locked thread