Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

AA I would believe you a lot more if you'd spend less of the game trying to convince me how town you are and complaining about how much you hate everyone for being on your case when you can't play or whatever and more time casing people. Every time you come in here it's to tell us how you are a victim and it makes me think you are scum.

This was the point I was trying to make yesterday. He isn't casing anyone, just throwing out little one or two sentence posts about players and otherwise just defending himself. It's super scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imma go to sleep.

Then imma make some cases.

Max is scum cause he used ugh.
It is known.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Love you Inf.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh, c'est la vie.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

This was the point I was trying to make yesterday. He isn't casing anyone, just throwing out little one or two sentence posts about players and otherwise just defending himself. It's super scummy.

That's something I hadn't considered. If he is scum, we won't get much from his lynch, because he's contributed so little to help with scumhunting, despite not really being a major target himself this game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

That's something I hadn't considered. If he is scum, we won't get much from his lynch, because he's contributed so little to help with scumhunting, despite not really being a major target himself this game.

Jumpin on a case to get the heat redirected off you.

Nice nice, I can respect that scumbo tactic.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Jumpin on a case to get the heat redirected off you.

Nice nice, I can respect that scumbo tactic.

I've, ah, been on AA for a while. I decided that MMT is probably just a different kind of player, rather than scum, so I moved to the next person on my list.

Do I need to quote the list?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, I'm flying out to see my family this afternoon. The odds of me being around for the hammer are slim.

I've got a few hours this morning so any grilling you want done should probably be done now!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No no man. It's a good effort.

Gotta respect the play here. If I were scum I'd be doing the same thing you are.
Textbook scumbo redirect.

Well played :golfclap:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, I'm flying out to see my family this afternoon. The odds of me being around for the hammer are slim.

I've got a few hours this morning so any grilling you want done should probably be done now!

Who's your partner?
Who have you doused in petrol?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, for real, AA hasn't actually cased anyone. Like, they see me standing here and screaming to the high heavens that they are scum, and their only response is to quote me and go "nuh uh, you're misrepresenting me"

If they really thought I was misrepresenting them, they'd call me out, vote me, case me, SOMETHING.

Instead, we're only getting super self-defensive posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, wouldn't town be a little more pro-active about being called out by the same person over and over again?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

No no man. It's a good effort.

Gotta respect the play here. If I were scum I'd be doing the same thing you are.
Textbook scumbo redirect.

Well played :golfclap:

If you guys think I'm scum and lynch me today, that's your prerogative, but once I'm confirmed town at least you've confirmed all my opinions as genuine.

I'm nothing if not a voluminous poster!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wood go a AA lynch.

Wood go a Adahn lynch.

But for now I'm calling it stumps
:tootzzz:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Wood go a AA lynch.

Wood go a Adahn lynch.

But for now I'm calling it stumps
:tootzzz:

g'nite baby blue!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im going to ##vote aa while i go do other things but ill be back for dunk time prolly

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Holy poo poo are you all dense or what

This is simple. list who you think is town who you think is scum and if you are lukewarm on someone say so. Make an honest attempt. If someone refuses to do it I say we lynch that person.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Also, for real, AA hasn't actually cased anyone. Like, they see me standing here and screaming to the high heavens that they are scum, and their only response is to quote me and go "nuh uh, you're misrepresenting me"

If they really thought I was misrepresenting them, they'd call me out, vote me, case me, SOMETHING.

Instead, we're only getting super self-defensive posts.

Only I did case you and vote you. Lose your hard on for me and actyally contribute outside of a tunnel

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Holy poo poo are you all dense or what

This is simple. list who you think is town who you think is scum and if you are lukewarm on someone say so. Make an honest attempt. If someone refuses to do it I say we lynch that person.

My list is, until further notice, AA and infin = scum, everybody else is town.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lord tiny baby Jesus thank you someone listened.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Other than lil d and infinitum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Adahn1986 posted:

Now I think AA and infin. Everybody else is currently on my presumptive town list.

Well I said this literally the post before you asked for alignment calls so I figured I was ok, but reiterating doesn't hurt.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Looking to summarize before hammertime

Li Dawny posted:

Adahn - scumbro with max

Dongs - she will never be able to call his alignment

Inf- unsure would vote either way with persuasion

Max- scumbro with adahn

Mmt - likely town

Quidnose - blindspot like dongs

Infinitum posted:

Wood go a AA lynch.

Wood go a Adahn lynch.

Rest are town?

Adahn1986 posted:

My list is, until further notice, AA and infin = scum, everybody else is town.

Still missing max, quid, dongs mmt and aa

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Leaning Town
Adahn: has had legitimate suspicion on me that hasn't just been tunneling and has actually developed cases on other cases.

MMT: Cased Adahn pretty hard and cased Quidnose. Some of the points seem farfetched on Quid but ultimately come across as genuine.

Li Dawny: had a me too case on me after admittes waffling, but has otherwise come across as genuine.

Dong: has poo poo posted most of the game, but gave some pretty solid reasoning about the end of the day votes on Moat which led me to reconsider them.

Infinitum: tunneled moat and is hard pressed on Adahn. More neutral but I dont see the same cyclical arguments from them that have come from the players I find scummier.

Quidnose: a wide target net and hard pressing on me, represented my posts with inaccuracy on more than one occasion and madeba subjective mafia dad case about how I should be playing the game under pressure which is bizarre.

Max: straight tunneling on me with no signs of letting up, has responsed to more than one of my "defensive" posts by simply laughing it off. Focused on EoD play, when I had a valid reason to not only, not Hamner Adahn but also to be there around it intermittently. His vote on me is opportunistic at best only substantiated by tunneling and I voted him d1 for the same thing.

##vote Max

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bottom of that list is leaning scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but you don't get to -1 by being the towniest player.

I've read my posts, and while I don't think I'm dumb enough to have actually been so free with my opinions as scum, it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to cobble together a scum case on me.

I'm only at the top of my list because I know my alignment. I shouldn't be at the top of anyone else's.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but you don't get to -1 by being the towniest player.

I've read my posts, and while I don't think I'm dumb enough to have actually been so free with my opinions as scum, it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to cobble together a scum case on me.

I'm only at the top of my list because I know my alignment. I shouldn't be at the top of anyone else's.

Again, subjective. Also it's leaning town, not , confirming town. Your participation, casing and discussion reads town to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Leaning Town
Adahn: has had legitimate suspicion on me that hasn't just been tunneling and has actually developed cases on other cases.

MMT: Cased Adahn pretty hard and cased Quidnose. Some of the points seem farfetched on Quid but ultimately come across as genuine.

Li Dawny: had a me too case on me after admittes waffling, but has otherwise come across as genuine.

Dong: has poo poo posted most of the game, but gave some pretty solid reasoning about the end of the day votes on Moat which led me to reconsider them.

Infinitum: tunneled moat and is hard pressed on Adahn. More neutral but I dont see the same cyclical arguments from them that have come from the players I find scummier.

Quidnose: a wide target net and hard pressing on me, represented my posts with inaccuracy on more than one occasion and madeba subjective mafia dad case about how I should be playing the game under pressure which is bizarre.

Max: straight tunneling on me with no signs of letting up, has responsed to more than one of my "defensive" posts by simply laughing it off. Focused on EoD play, when I had a valid reason to not only, not Hamner Adahn but also to be there around it intermittently. His vote on me is opportunistic at best only substantiated by tunneling and I voted him d1 for the same thing.

##vote Max

Your main points here boil down to "People are scum if they cased me. People are town if they cased the people that cased me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pretend I closed that quotation mark.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Here's a list:

AA - scum supreme

MMT, Inf, Quid - Not quite sure but they have a tenuous connection to AA. Inf has the least connection to him, but I don't like how he said he would vote AA out of nowhere before not laying down a vote and going to bed. Would have to see how AA flips before revisiting that.

Adahn I go back and forth on, but most of his play looks like a new-ish player in this community that's getting up to speed on things. He's wishy washy on his opinions but that could mean that he's actually open to listening to what others have to say.

Dongs is being dongs.

Li Dawny . . . to be honest I've been ignoring LD, so I dunno.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That list is Most suspicious at top to eh/maybe town at the bottom.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Your main points here boil down to "People are scum if they cased me. People are town if they cased the people that cased me.

Only adahn also cased me and is voting me now, same as dong although I wouldn't call what dong does casing. So thanks for the ready dismissal yet again of what I had to say. Ace work there man.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Only adahn also cased me and is voting me now, same as dong although I wouldn't call what dong does casing. So thanks for the ready dismissal yet again of what I had to say. Ace work there man.

Thanks!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Anomalous Amalgam (3): Max, Adahn1986, dongsbot 9000
Adahn1986 (2): Murmur Twin, Infinitum
Max (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Murmur Twin (1): Adahn1986, Quidnose, Adahn1986
Li Dawny (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Infinitum (0): dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000
dongsbot 9000 (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): Li Dawny

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 18th, 2016 at 8:01 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 23 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm here and just caught up, I'm going to read people over now and post reads and stuff. My opinion an Adahn hasn't changed but for the sake of not being a one-note I'll give some more reads.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Leaning Town

Can you quote the best case of Adahn's that cemented his spot on the top of your list?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Max

I re-read Max and he seems town to me. What makes you think he doesn't actually believe his case on you?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

MT is all over the place, but I haven't really played enough with them to know their style well. I have nothing for this one either. The arguments against her have good points, but so does she.

How have I been all over the place? If anything I feel like I've been a broken record this game.

I'm starting to grow mildly suspicious of LD - at first I had a town read on her because she seems to agree with me re: Adahn, but thinking about it further she might be doing that knowing that I'll just keep hammering away at him so she doesn't have to say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you quote the best case of Adahn's that cemented his spot on the top of your list?

So, he came in and didn't hammer me. Now I'm at the top of his "town list" even though I've said some scummy poo poo this game. I've got a feeling he's going to flip scum and he's trying to set me up as his scumbro.

I really, really don't belong at the top of anyone's town list. That looks like an obvious setup to me.

• Locked thread