Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

JimmyBiskit posted:

unironically this

puyo is the best fighting game

http://www.puyovs.net/ msg me sometime if you wanna play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

JimmyBiskit posted:

unironically this

puyo is the best fighting game

Puyo Puyo Tetris is the greatest loss caused by Sega's spotty localization records.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Black Mage Knight posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is the greatest loss caused by Sega's spotty localization records.

i imported it. its good but i am really bad at the puyo part of it

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Just found out the comic shop near me has a gaming room for setting up local tournaments so maybe I'll end up actually meeting other 3S/Nidhogg players around my area! That or just receive a deluge of smash players because that and MKX is all people seem to play here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Smoking Crow posted:

Arcsys vs. SNK when

Sol Badguy vs Iori

Platinum the Trinity vs Athena Asamiya

Ramlethal vs Haohmaru

Kokonoe vs Geese

Yes, yeees, I like the way you think.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwiUQYAm6Q

akuma looks fun

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Really hoping there's some funny character banter over his visible EX meter/ability to throw fireballs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the damage and pace look perfect in T7 can't wait

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Why do I feel that Namco was working on Tekken vs Street Fighter and saw how badly Street Fighter X Tekken bombed, and instead of letting the assets they've created go to waste, they will offer the Street Fighter crossover characters as DLC or in future revisions?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Harada's already said TxSF is still happening, but they need a place to release where it won't be cannibalized by Tekken or Street Fighter.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
TxSF confirmed for release on the 3DS and Vita

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
TxSF, the hottest freemium card battler to ever hit Nokia.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Real hurthling! posted:

Semitsu is amazing. Switched my sanwa out this week and became instantly better at dashing. Fb's and srk's feel better too imo because the motions required are smaller and much easier to control because the stick has more resistance. Its amazing

Also menu navigation feels so good i dont know if i can go back just based on that

Only downside is the ball top screws off if you turn it too much :p

Any particular seimitsu stick to look at for a T.E. 2+? I'm new to this stuff :v:

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
How does Tekken compare to SF or 3d fighters like SC? Is it closer to a 2d or 3d fighter? It looks pretty cool from those gameplay vids, I noticed people seeming to sidestep attacks and such.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

S.J. posted:

Any particular seimitsu stick to look at for a T.E. 2+? I'm new to this stuff :v:

I got the ls-30-01 and it went right into my te2
Also im an idiot and installed it wrong the first time. The ball top totally doesnt come off

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Real hurthling! posted:

I got the ls-30-01 and it went right into my te2
Also im an idiot and installed it wrong the first time. The ball top totally doesnt come off

Rad, thanks.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

dhamster posted:

How does Tekken compare to SF or 3d fighters like SC? Is it closer to a 2d or 3d fighter? It looks pretty cool from those gameplay vids, I noticed people seeming to sidestep attacks and such.

uhh tekken is a 3d fighter

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

uhh tekken is a 3d fighter

'up' is almost never a valid direction in Tekken.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dhamster posted:

Soul Calibur is tekken with weapons

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

'up' is almost never a valid direction in Tekken.
but is in melty blood

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Alright, I'm going to try for a serious answer. Games on a 3D plane differ so much from 2D they cannot really compare. Of those, I'd say there's two types of "school": Tekken and Virtua Fighter because they were the first and differed greatly. Taking those into account -- and keeping it simplistic, of course -- DOA is sort of based on VF and Soulcalibur is sort of based on Tekken.

So, to answer the question, Tekken doesn't really compare to anything but Tekken. Find a way to play Tekken Tag 2 to see for yourself; it's not drastically different from T7.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 18, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I havent played tekken since 2 but im hype to play 7.

I recently tried doa5's f2p version and didnt care for it - how similar is that game to tekken 7? I dont remember circling around characters in t2 and i also remember being able to jump but it was a long time ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like saoshyrant said, DoA's closer to VF than Tekken. There's a reason Pai and Akira are playable in it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Dead Or Alive in its original incarnation was originally a complete rip of Virtua Fighter, and Itagaki himself has even called DoA "Virtua Fighter but the waitresses are pretty"

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
akira is playable in fighting climax, is that 3d

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope Akuma makes a permanent jump from the sinking ship of Street Fighter and stays in the hands of Harada and Co.

Ultramega posted:

Really hoping there's some funny character banter over his visible EX meter/ability to throw fireballs.

Character banter? Dude this ain't no NRS fighter this is Tekken 7.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

selvaria's got them 3ds :greencube:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I got the free Tekken Tag 2 for Xbox and see a recommended item to purchase is the online pass - I'm assuming that's still needed and they didn't do away with the requirement?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

inthesto posted:

Dead Or Alive in its original incarnation was originally a complete rip of Virtua Fighter, and Itagaki himself has even called DoA "Virtua Fighter but the waitresses are pretty"

Eh, Itagaki wished DOA1 was anywhere as deep as VF2.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

No, because VF is a 2D game, silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cglr0NDClwQ

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Eh, Itagaki wished DOA1 was anywhere as deep as VF2.

No, because VF is a 2D game, silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cglr0NDClwQ

I've seen.. worse?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted:

I recently tried doa5's f2p version and didnt care for it - how similar is that game to tekken 7? I dont remember circling around characters in t2 and i also remember being able to jump but it was a long time ago.

DOA is weird in a goofy way

i played the hell out of 5 but i also grew up loving VF, i was never a fan of tekken

i am gonna buy t7 though

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Tekken 7 is great and the easiest Tekken game to pick up for new player in years. My local arcade had a massive influx of new players when 7 was released after Tag 2 scared everyone away.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

weird bleep posted:

Tekken 7 is great and the easiest Tekken game to pick up for new player in years. My local arcade had a massive influx of new players when 7 was released after Tag 2 scared everyone away.

yea let me go grab my US copy of T7 real quick

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Lord Chumley posted:

yea let me go grab my US copy of T7 real quick

why dont you start and operate an arcade instead of complaining you lazybones

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

why dont you start and operate an arcade instead of complaining you lazybones

I always wanted to file for bankruptcy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Pay your debts in tokens

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A.o.D. posted:

ride that barcade wave

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'd try it out.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Smoking Crow posted:

ride that barcade wave

I've never been to a barcade but I assume those machines need parts replaced every single day because there's no way drunk idiots don't smash the cabinets as hard as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

inthesto posted:

I've never been to a barcade but I assume those machines need parts replaced every single day because there's no way drunk idiots don't smash the cabinets as hard as possible

Nah mostly they just let them stay broken