Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Comrade Fakename posted:

People should really hold off until the NX is revealed before they make any decisions about this game. There is an outside chance that the NX is just a souped-up handheld machine (that can maybe transmit TV signals to a dongle), so it's possible that the NX could actually look worse than the Wii U version. It's unlikely, but possible.

Well UbiSoft announced Just Dance for it, I don't think they've put that on a handheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Smiles posted:

Oh cool, I've definitely got Blacklist but the other game is Assassin's Creed III?

Ooh, bummer. ACIII's pretty weak and the only good parts are in the side-content (naval missions and the town sidequests). If yoy've never touched an Assassin's Creed game before, it's not a good entry point either due to it being the climax of the original trilogy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And it's really weird, the game focused around an apocalypse that happened previously, and an ancient tells you the many ways they tried and failed to prevent it. But then they apparently found a solution but they don't tell you what it is, and the solution is for you to press a button on a pedestal (or don't! Moral choices!)

Blacklist is legit good though, it takes the free good parts from the last Splinter Cell and combined it with the actual good parts of previous Splinter Cell titles.

greatn fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 18, 2016

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Assassin's Creed IV is the best AC game, and the sole AC game I recommend if nothing else, because it doesn't weigh the whole gameplay on the same-old parkour, instead your pirate ship is a character in itself. You use it to free-roam and level it up to face off stronger foes. It may be a by-the-numbers sandbox game but it has a pleasant Carribean setting and by the time you unlock the diving levels halfway through the story the entire ocean is your oyster.

Money is actually useful for once because there's none of that Renovation nonsense before and after this title. Don't feel like hunting for crocodile skins to craft a bigger wallet? Just buy them from a shop. All the game systems are pretty straight-forward. Explore islands, take over forts, dig up treasure, assassinate dudes and sink enemy ships for money, buy upgrades, repeat.

The weakest parts of the game are when the modern-day meta-plot butts in ( I now loving hate French-Canadians) and there are too many tailing missions in the main campaign. There's also some online tomfoolery that gets in the way of 100% completion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Assassin's Creed IV is the best AC game, and the sole AC game I recommend if nothing else, because it doesn't weigh the whole gameplay on the same-old parkour, instead your pirate ship is a character in itself. You use it to free-roam and level it up to face off stronger foes. It may be a by-the-numbers sandbox game but it has a pleasant Carribean setting and by the time you unlock the diving levels halfway through the story the entire ocean is your oyster.

Money is actually useful for once because there's none of that Renovation nonsense before and after this title. Don't feel like hunting for crocodile skins to craft a bigger wallet? Just buy them from a shop. All the game systems are pretty straight-forward. Explore islands, take over forts, dig up treasure, assassinate dudes and sink enemy ships for money, buy upgrades, repeat.

The weakest parts of the game are when the modern-day meta-plot butts in ( I now loving hate French-Canadians) and there are too many tailing missions in the main campaign. There's also some online tomfoolery that gets in the way of 100% completion.

It's not on WiiU, but AC:Rogue is hands-down better than IV. It actually has an outright-good character-driven story, whereas Edward Kenway spends most of Black Flag going "ugh, fine :rolleyes:" at anything Assassin-related to the point it starts to grate a little, plus you get to go sailing your ship round the frozen north and through the Hudson river valley.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

smell this posted:

but the mastersword is not in the skull of ganondorf

Ganondorf won in this timeline.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nintendo's twitter showed off the box art

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Ometeotl posted:

That's, uh, pretty bad IMO.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Rogue is good, but there's only a third as many naval missions, no novel sidequests like the Templar Hunts, half the collectibles don't reward you poo poo, and the renovations give you worthless money at the expense of valuable resources. I liked it better than the Ezio games, though. It also has the only storyline in the series that could stand to be longer. I respect it for being fresh take on reused assets, like Majora and New Vegas.

Ometeotl posted:

Female-Link option confirmed *sigh*

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 18, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hedrigall posted:

A dude on reddit got screenshots of the floating thing in the sky from multiple angles:

A dungeon like the City in the Sky? Remnants of Skyloft? A gigantic airship? Whatever it is, it's another awesome thing to wonder over and one day finally explore :neckbeard:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/4omsod/mysterious_airshipfloating_city_compilation/

Edit: Koroks are in the game, what if Ritos are too?

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That geometry reminds me way too much of Skyloft sans the Goddess statue, which had dropped down at the end anyway, hope it's that and Ritos live there now.

I really like this video of someone noticing it and what happens immediately after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UaLUUnpe4&feature=youtu.be&t=41m10s

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 18, 2016

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Silly Link, that's not how you hold a sword!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That box art looks unfinished.

It's a shame, the vividly colored painted look of their concept art is great, wish they suck with that. Not sure what a muddy brown logo adds either.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Maybe Nintendo fired all their graphic designers which is why all their box art comes from soup cans and cereal and lotto tickets now

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't wait to be jealous of the European/Japanese boxart.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

feedmyleg posted:

That box art looks unfinished.

It's a shame, the vividly colored painted look of their concept art is great, wish they suck with that. Not sure what a muddy brown logo adds either.

I really hope that they don't clutter it up with more details to look more "action packed." It looks great as is.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I don't think that box art is real... in fact I think it is a fake.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

did they already delete it or something because i can't find it anywhere else

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

romanowski posted:

did they already delete it or something because i can't find it anywhere else

They never posted it, this is the box art from the official press kit that infinitum posted earlier in the thread.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That's much better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gorgolflox posted:

I don't think that box art is real... in fact I think it is a fake.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ocarina of Time remains the best box art. It's perfect in its simplicity.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It appears that a Retweet has lied to me.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I played this game for 35 minutes at E3 and it convinced me to buy a Wii U. Well, that's my review! :shobon:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want to know more about that colossal Stalfos wandering around.

probably my favorite thing about this new Zelda is how it looks to be a Greatest Hits of various motifs and designs over the years. The moment I saw it I immediately thought of Captain Keeta from Majora's Mask

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I hope I don't have to complete the whole of the cave of shadows to bring in wolf link, that place is hot garbage.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How how many times must I watch this trailer before I am satisfied with what I've seen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hihohe posted:

How how many times must I watch this trailer before I am satisfied with what I've seen.

I went back and watched the 2014 trailer just to get a sense of how wrong my expectations were.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
I'm really trying not to overhype this for myself but this really does seem like the game the whole Legend of Zelds series has been culminating in

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Davoren posted:

I hope I don't have to complete the whole of the cave of shadows to bring in wolf link, that place is hot garbage.

You can bring him in without ever doing it, he'll just have only three hearts. My advice: you have to do the dungeon three times and it gets harder and longer every time. So just don't do it until you have a lot of hearts. Then you'll be able to finish it with a lot of hearts, very quickly. Fill up with a Zelda Amiibo before the end if you got it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I finished the first two sections with like 15 or 16 hearts, and those are saved on the amiibo, but I don't have the patience for the third section and I'm not buying another amiibo, so I guess that'll have to do.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

HighwireAct posted:

I'm really trying not to overhype this for myself but this really does seem like the game the whole Legend of Zelds series has been culminating in

I'm pretty sure they're going balls to the wall because this is, if not the last game in the main series, the last one we'll be seeing for a very long time. :tinfoil:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So it sounds like this game will be keeping the stamina mechanic for climbing as well.

Sigh... that was another thing that annoyed me in Skyward Sword. It felt like it put a serious limitation on the degree to which you could explore places (not that there was much to explore). Maybe being able to upgrade stamina will find a way around that.

Gorgolflox posted:

They never posted it, this is the box art from the official press kit that infinitum posted earlier in the thread.

That's a really complicated arrow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This time around at least there will be ways to upgrade the stamina meter

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Random request: The cool gif of Link jumping off the horse, using fire for an updraft and OHKOing one of the guardians...does anyone know where the source video for that is? Like, where during Treehouse it was?

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

jivjov posted:

Random request: The cool gif of Link jumping off the horse, using fire for an updraft and OHKOing one of the guardians...does anyone know where the source video for that is? Like, where during Treehouse it was?

In the “Beyond the Plateau” gameplay footage, around 23:30, they show off some prerecorded gameplay clips, and that GIF is one of them

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HighwireAct posted:

In the “Beyond the Plateau” gameplay footage, around 23:30, they show off some prerecorded gameplay clips, and that GIF is one of them

Thank you so much!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My request, I heard Chico beat steppe talus? Is there video of that?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

greatn posted:

My request, I heard Chico beat steppe talus? Is there video of that?

Don't know who Chico is but here's video of someone beating Steppe Talus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7ztpWHeKo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Don't know who Chico is

You're not welcome here

(She's a woman on the Treehouse streams who was very entertaining to watch because of her incredible bloodlust)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyway I just checked and since there was only one Zelda segment on Day 2 of the Treehouse stream, it was actually pretty easy to pinpoint the Talus fight.

Here you go, greatn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKgwyy2WTI&t=22800s