Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
You guys seen this yet? I haven't seen it posted here at least: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/18/e3-2016-the-legend-of-zelda-e3-demo-contains-coded-messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Apparently a Nintendo booth rep said you could use dog based amiibo but was probably just mistaken and meant Wolf Link or something.

But man if I could use one of the Animal Crossing dogs to venture alongside Link just like the Wolf Link amiibo can I'd be all for it.

The Duck Hunt one would also work in this hypothetical scenario, but I don't know how effective he'd actually be.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyway I just checked and since there was only one Zelda segment on Day 2 of the Treehouse stream, it was actually pretty easy to pinpoint the Talus fight.

Here you go, greatn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKgwyy2WTI&t=22800s

Holy crap, I hadn't seen the later part with the Guardian. That poor deer rider, trying to help you...

RME
Feb 20, 2012

straight out of dragons dogma

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Playing Majora's Mask for the first time and I don't think there's much in videogames as satisfying as starting a cycle and re-beating the Snowfall Temple boss (which owns), getting your sword sharpened, clearing off the goron race entrance, winning it, buying another bomb to open up the ranch and then see whatever it is i'll have to do to get Epona all before noon. Videogames truly are fantasy if I can get so much poo poo done in the morning.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Playing Majora's Mask for the first time and I don't think there's much in videogames as satisfying as starting a cycle and re-beating the Snowfall Temple boss (which owns), getting your sword sharpened, clearing off the goron race entrance, winning it, buying another bomb to open up the ranch and then see whatever it is i'll have to do to get Epona all before noon. Videogames truly are fantasy if I can get so much poo poo done in the morning.

Try taking the gold dust from winning the Goron Races to the sword-sharpener before The Third Day.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

That's Chiko style.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Duck Hunt one would also work in this hypothetical scenario, but I don't know how effective he'd actually be.

Now that I think of it, the trailer did have ducks in it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try taking the gold dust from winning the Goron Races to the sword-sharpener before The Third Day.

oh yeah, as soon as i pick up my sword from the shop it'll get the gold dust

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Triskelli posted:

Don't know who Chico is but here's video of someone beating Steppe Talus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7ztpWHeKo

Holy poo poo it's Monster Hunter as well :psyduck:

There's so much to do in just the first zone :psyboom:

96 other shrines + dungeons + gigantic map :allbuttons:

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Infinitum posted:

I was worried that they were biting off more than they could chew with such a huge map, but apparently this is the biggest team Nintendo's ever put together for one game, and they're recruiting 100 employees from Monolith Soft to help them out, so I think they can fill the world with plenty of interesting stuff.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0b26GS8b9o

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
yeah, there are close to 300 people working on this game alone, from four different companies, it's absolutely insane. must be one of the biggest budgets for any video game, ever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
300 people isn't poo poo in modern AAA terms, not that anyone's honest about the resources these big games require to begin with.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I thought watch underscore dogs, which was one of Ubi's biggest games, had a reported 250 people on it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So basically its: "What if MGSV was good?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MGSV is good :colbert:

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Suspicious Dish posted:

yeah, there are close to 300 people working on this game alone, from four different companies, it's absolutely insane. must be one of the biggest budgets for any video game, ever.

just crunched the numbers, and if you were even just going off of the assumption that everyone was only getting paid the industry average (US $83,060), that's still $83,060 * 300 people * 5 years, or $124,590,000, and that's not even including marketing, which I'd assume would probably double that or at least add significantly to it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There would not have been 300 people working on the game for the majority of that 5 years.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I thought watch underscore dogs, which was one of Ubi's biggest games, had a reported 250 people on it?

Ubi's open-world games routinely and easily exceed that number, even if you ignore the eighty thousand global subsidiaries they credit for every game, and they put out multiple large-scale games a year, so they're pretty much running at full production all of the time, unlike a project like Zelda or other longer-burn projects like GTA (which had something like 1000 people working on it by the end) which spend more time in pre-production.

300 peoople is nothing to sneeze at but it's more impressive that they've achieved something of such scope and quality with a comparatively small team, I think.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Sigh... that was another thing that annoyed me in Skyward Sword. It felt like it put a serious limitation on the degree to which you could explore places (not that there was much to explore). Maybe being able to upgrade stamina will find a way around that.

You effectively have infinite stamina, because you can eat stamina restoring food while climbing. We've seen people do it on streams. So as long as you prepare, anything it's physically possible to climb to the top of if you had infinite stamina you can. I imagine a lot of people will play the game as crazy [Naked] Link, running around hunting the poo poo out of key ingredients to craft massive buff potions, then using those buff potions to climb poo poo and swim naked in ice lakes. 5 weeks in they'll be the ones that go "This game has dungeons?!".

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see anyone taking about this, but there was some HUD in one of the videos that looked like a horseshoe/cartoon magnet, and I think it looked identical to that U-shaped controller patent Nintendo filed.

Possible NX design?

I bet the tablet thing Link uses has some resemblance to the NX as well.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Trent posted:

I don't see anyone taking about this, but there was some HUD in one of the videos that looked like a horseshoe/cartoon magnet, and I think it looked identical to that U-shaped controller patent Nintendo filed.

Possible NX design?

You mean the magnet thing people were using to pick up metal objects?

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Magnesis_Rune

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think it's just a coincidence. I don't think that wacky U prototype is going to see the light of day.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Trent posted:

Possible NX design?

That is my though also, the Tablet is going to look a lot like the NX controller.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hey, it's better than the Wii U prototype.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ubi's open-world games routinely and easily exceed that number, even if you ignore the eighty thousand global subsidiaries they credit for every game, and they put out multiple large-scale games a year, so they're pretty much running at full production all of the time, unlike a project like Zelda or other longer-burn projects like GTA (which had something like 1000 people working on it by the end) which spend more time in pre-production.

300 people is nothing to sneeze at but it's more impressive that they've achieved something of such scope and quality with a comparatively small team, I think.

Ubisoft also streamlines the poo poo out of their production with standardized assets, so by the time it reaches their veritable army of coders it's probably down to "insert Building Type A here, Tree Type C here". Breath of the Wild on the other hand looks to have a whole lot of unique content.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the tablet was probably just supposed to resemble the Wii U gamepad. There are a lot of little elements that feel like they were designed with gamepad-specific functionality in mind but were then pared back, presumably for the sake of the NX version.

One thing I did see pointed out (maybe in this thread but gently caress research) is that the quick-select menus looks as if they're designed to work with clickable scroll-wheel shoulder buttons a la this recent Nintendo patent: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2015/0261321.html

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Trent posted:

Possible NX design?

Zelda has a stamina meter. Possible Skyward Sword HD release?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/ruebirds/status/744060741200785409

:tem:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heh, I didn't even think about fishing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Heh, I didn't even think about fishing.

Guess one way you can fish

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

Steal Hena's boat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemming posted:

Tossing bombs in a lake?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do you think you can tame elk to ride to? That would be pretty baller.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I wanna ride around on one of those pigs.

I'm kinda bummed the monsters have health bars though, they should have hearts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Took me forever to find a video of someone successfully landing the shield-swing Dark Souls parry. Turns out it's a disarm, which is pretty neat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGe3PzXifJU&t=73s

"NOW LOADING" on the Sheikah Slate rune thing is hilarious, I love this.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

(I didn't make this)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also I just saw a guy on some Gamespot discussion video say how he used the magnet rune to build a see-saw out of a chest and a metal plank thing, then stand on one end and drop a boulder on the other end to make Link go flying. Apparently it worked. I need to find footage of someone attempting this now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Also I just saw a guy on some Gamespot discussion video say how he used the magnet rune to build a see-saw out of a chest and a metal plank thing, then stand on one end and drop a boulder on the other end to make Link go flying. Apparently it worked. I need to find footage of someone attempting this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
This game has bomb arrows? I really hope there is a crafting system for items and such. I want bomb arrows, I want a million of them.