Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah mostly they just let them stay broken

shoutouts to the samba de amigo machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

But.. KI is a street fighter mechanics game. It's always had 6 buttons and hitstop. The only thing it borrowed from MK was the window dressing stuff like fatalities/no mercies.

And XBox exclusive is NR studios code for "gently caress the PC".

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

I hope Akuma makes a permanent jump from the sinking ship of Street Fighter and stays in the hands of Harada and Co.

Character banter? Dude this ain't no NRS fighter this is Tekken 7.

No poo poo I don't want beavis and butthead prefight banter but it would be funny to at least have a character acknowledging how strange having a visible ex meter on the hud would be.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ultramega posted:

No poo poo I don't want beavis and butthead prefight banter but it would be funny to at least have a character acknowledge how weird having a meter visible in the hud would be kind of a funny addition.

That would have to be Yoshimitsu, wouldn't it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't think wb would let them do it even if they wanted to

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

A.o.D. posted:

But.. KI is a street fighter mechanics game. It's always had 6 buttons and hitstop. The only thing it borrowed from MK was the window dressing stuff like fatalities/no mercies.

:(

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Played USF4 yesterday after the longest time and I managed to pull off wrath of the raging demon on my friend and yelled SUCK ONE THOUSAND DICKS.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Lol sounds like you had one epic match my man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if your friend actually is gay and he's been trying to find the right time to tell you about his desire to suck one thousand dicks and you really hurt his feelings

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

inthesto posted:

I've never been to a barcade but I assume those machines need parts replaced every single day because there's no way drunk idiots don't smash the cabinets as hard as possible

I always wonder how many fights happen after a drunken round of Alpha 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Well yeah, that's the point of a crossover, changing up the mechanics of classic characters

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Endorph posted:

what if your friend actually is gay and he's been trying to find the right time to tell you about his desire to suck one thousand dicks and you really hurt his feelings

i'm always there for a friend

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Ultramega posted:

Played USF4 yesterday after the longest time and I managed to pull off wrath of the raging demon on my friend and yelled SUCK ONE THOUSAND DICKS.

For awhile I thought it was "I want sausages"

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

That's way funnier actually. Which isn't really saying a lot.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ultramega posted:

Reminds me of this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ultramega posted:

No poo poo I don't want beavis and butthead prefight banter but it would be funny to at least have a character acknowledging how strange having a visible ex meter on the hud would be.

I hope Paul Phoenix breaks the fourth wall and says to Akuma, "Nice ex meter, Fag"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

AndyElusive posted:

I hope Paul Phoenix breaks the fourth wall and says to Akuma, "Nice ex meter, Fag"

And Kuma says "GRRRR RARRRR RARRRR" *"Your name is too close to mine!"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Still waiting on the capcom/namco/snk crossover so that we can have team T.A.Kuma.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah mostly they just let them stay broken

There is ONE barcade in NYC that actually repairs his machines. (24th street) I saw the repair guy once. He's a cool guy who gives people free games sometimes. Place has MVC2, Samurai Showdown, and a bunch of other stuff.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

And Kuma says "GRRRR RARRRR RARRRR" *"Your name is too close to mine!"

No Kuma in T7 so far bc Harada hates us and wants us to suffer

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

well there's already a kuma

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

names withheld to protect the innocent

https://a.pomf.cat/tzychj.webm

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Fereydun posted:

98 owns so loving much

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Fereydun posted:

Is there some sort of trick in blocking Terry's jumping punch or is the player really that bad at the game?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Tell me how you block a move when you're in the startup or recovery of doing a move yourself

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Fereydun posted:

wellcume 2 terry zone

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Tell me how you block a move when you're in the startup or recovery of doing a move yourself

It looked like he was blocking with Ryo at the 50 to 1:00 mark. But maybe he just stopped blocking the second Terry was going to hit him for weird reasons.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He was probably trying to go for another dp and got hit during the command, also he is bad

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

The last year I went to otakon(like 03-04 i think)they had KOF 98 playing on a big projector screen and a really long line of people were lining up for their turn. Every time someone lost a match they'd go to the back of the line/go somewhere else and this one Terry cosplayer went through like 20 or so people before finally getting eliminated.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Brosnan posted:

Dias posted:

well there's already a kuma

Akuma's ending is him going back to the dojo and takes off his skin suit, revealing himself to be Kuma all along.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fereydun posted:

:dunkedon:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ultramega posted:

The last year I went to otakon(like 03-04 i think)they had KOF 98 playing on a big projector screen and a really long line of people were lining up for their turn. Every time someone lost a match they'd go to the back of the line/go somewhere else and this one Terry cosplayer went through like 20 or so people before finally getting eliminated.
yeah anime cons are always full of people who both like fighting games and are really bad at them. My girlfriend and I went to a con a few months back and there was a xrd tournament with a like $50 dollar prize and i won like 3 separate matches with nothing but faust's doors

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Which con was it if you don't mind saying? I've always wanted to go back to one but my last otacon experience left me burnt out mostly just from IRL poo poo outside the convention; nobody had bothered to even book a hotel and figured we could just crash in the car overnight since we lived relatively close to baltimore. Real loving obvious protip: don't try sleeping in a car with 6 other people.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm not sure a better con will fix your dumbass friends.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ultramega posted:

Which con was it if you don't mind saying? I've always wanted to go back to one but my last otacon experience left me burnt out mostly just from IRL poo poo outside the convention; nobody had bothered to even book a hotel and figured we could just crash in the car overnight since we lived relatively close to baltimore. Real loving obvious protip: don't try sleeping in a car with 6 other people.

Lol

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'd have loved to see six people trying to sleep inside a car. That's poverty FGC, alright.

...wait, it was an anime con? Jesus.

Ahem, in other news, there's a NeoGeo bundle at HIB again, which seems to be mostly(?) a repeat of a previous one -- no idea if there are new games, though. It's got KOF98 UM and 2002 UM for Steam and legal roms for a bunch of other games, so you don't feel bad about using fightcade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ultramega posted:

I'd recommend going to mid-sized cons, otacon is always a bit of a cluster even if your friends don't think 6 people can sleep in the same car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
youmacon is a good anime con and actually has some decent fighting game players show up most of the time since detroit players are thirsty as gently caress for matches

be prepared to have all your friends say "lol sorry i don't want to get shot" when you recommend going to a detroit convention though because people are stupid