Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Basically as long as you surround him with shooters and provide a stable coaching situation he could be an all-star

New head coach. Check
Marco Bellineli. Check

Let's do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

xbilkis posted:

Hey, how the hell is there a Syracuse wing that shot 37% from the field projected to go in the lottery

Syracuse wings are the Alabama RBs of basketball. Or Wisconsin RBs. One of those.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 19, 2016

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

xbilkis posted:

Hey, how the hell is there a Syracuse wing that shot 37% from the field projected to go in the lottery

Look the part be the part

6'6 shooting guard, good mechanics, actually could play defense in a big boy offensive scheme, and the rationale that his extraordinarily long leash in college was the reason he took so so so so so so so so so so so so so many bad shots (DX says he took 124 shots off the dribble vs 90 with his feet set, which, lmao) and I guess NBA execs haven't figured out that Cuse is a lanky pit of NBA failure

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

He's already physically ready to brick shots at an NBA level

Basically he didn't get coached a ton at Cal and cleaning up his mechanics will probably render him as an okay spot up shooter. He doesn't hog the ball either so when teams start cheating off of him to keep him from slashing he can actually take advantage, like, a little bit, but he's not a drive and kick dude (at least not yet)

Basically as long as you surround him with shooters and provide a stable coaching situation he could be an all-star

Declan! I'm so glad you're back

You missed the most important revelation in scouting history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSK77Asxhpo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's dangerous to post things like this because now you've motivated fans to break into their favorite player's homes and shave off all their hair.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

It's dangerous to post things like this because now you've motivated fans to break into their favorite player's homes and shave off all their hair.

That sounds fine as long as someone tries it with Steven Adams

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the hell is below Bust.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think about this sometimes and I also think how spergy it must sound to tell a grown man that his haircut is getting in the way of his shot

But I can't think of a player with a flattop who has a good jumpshot besides Chris Mullin

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paul Zuvella posted:

Superbust.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

That sounds fine as long as someone tries it with Steven Adams

No one would dare trespass tonga island

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm not 100% certain but I think it's "Never played in a game" from looking at a similar chart years ago

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Paul Zuvella posted:

Died from crack.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bennett was bad in summer league.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Serious, I think it's just the line that means "If you are at this or below you are a bust" and above it you are "Somewhere bewteen a bust and a rotation guy".

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

Bennett was bad in summer league.

He had one good game to start his second year in summer league that inexplicably had people convinced he could still be a good NBA player for a long time.

also jaylen brown is like a less skilled Stanley Johnson and I really don't get the appeal at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah exactly. His second year in summer league. Smh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can see Bennett getting one more chance next preseason. Especially if he is competent with Team Canada that is probably going to get an at large bid even if they fail to qualify.

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 20, 2016

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rick posted:

I can see Bennett getting one more chance next preseason. Especially if he is competent with Team Canada that is probably going to get an at large bid even if they fail to qualify.

He's gonna stick around for a while just because he was drafted so highly. Not for whole seasons or anything but lots of 10 days and emergency injury replacements

MourningView posted:

also jaylen brown is like a less skilled Stanley Johnson and I really don't get the appeal at all.

I think the logic is that he was surrounded by other athletic ubermenschen that didn't know how to put the ball in the hoop so maybe he might look better on a team that could theoretically space the floor

Also He Could Shoot in High School I guess

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

There are not a lot of roster spots open to players who can't shoot, run or defend.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bennett doesn't have that many chances. He'll probably get some one year prove it deal from a team looking for a low risk gamble. After he flames out, he'll be looking at a training camp deal. Just like Jimmer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

He's gonna stick around for a while just because he was drafted so highly. Not for whole seasons or anything but lots of 10 days and emergency injury replacements

I think the logic is that he was surrounded by other athletic ubermenschen that didn't know how to put the ball in the hoop so maybe he might look better on a team that could theoretically space the floor

Also He Could Shoot in High School I guess

Could he? I remember a lot of "needs to work on his jumper BUT" scouting reports on him back in the day but I could be wrong.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Bennett was pretty bad in the D-League this year too. He should probably be looking overseas.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/dleague/players/b/bennean01d.html

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

Could he? I remember a lot of "needs to work on his jumper BUT" scouting reports on him back in the day but I could be wrong.

More accurate to say he was a better shooter in high school (52/39/70 vs 48/29/65) which doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot but will still be waved around like it does

I think his best hope is DeMar DeRozan lite but even DeRozan had a midrange game and was way way way more efficient in college

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

More accurate to say he was a better shooter in high school (52/39/70 vs 48/29/65) which doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot but will still be waved around like it does

I think his best hope is DeMar DeRozan lite but even DeRozan had a midrange game and was way way way more efficient in college

DeRozan also has a terrific work ethic and gets to the FT line like a machine. I don't know what Bennett's rep is.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Lakers apparently had 2 workouts for Buddy Hield. It'll never happen but what if that happens?!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

The Lakers apparently had 2 workouts for Buddy Hield. It'll never happen but what if that happens?!

I'm torn between the hilarity of this and not wanting Bill Simmons to have nice things.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I've been trying to figure this out since I heard about it, because the Lakers have video from all their workouts on their site, and there's not two Buddy videos. But apparently what happened is they went to a workout hosted by Buddy's people and it was good enough that they invited him in for one of theirs, they hadn't planned on inviting him otherwise.

Still, two good workouts are two good workouts, so who knows.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I have to imagine they'd trade down if they decided Buddy was their guy

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I still think Buddy goes 3 to the Celtics.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/744892077503184897

clearly LeBron wouldn't want a snitch on his team. DAR to Boston, Lakers take Ingram/Simmons + Hield

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really like the idea of the Raps trading their picks for a PF like somebody suggested in the draft guess thread. As much as Baby Sabonis intrigues me, I want the Raps to do everything they can to work with this core towards big things.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

I have to imagine they'd trade down if they decided Buddy was their guy

It's hard to say since we're not even in unnamed source rumor territory, but the general idea seems to be they're locked into Ingram, but because they worked out (forget the fact that they have worked out roughly 200% fewer people this season than last season) so many people they're also trying to get another high pick too. And the only trade asset the Lakers have right now is Russell, so that's where this is coming from.

I am not saying "not possible" though because I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what the Lakers will do, but they've surprised me around the draft several times.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

In a vacuum I'd be pretty alright with the Suns trading #4 for Russell. Don't know what else it would take to get it done though. Also they'd have to have deals lined up for Bledsoe and Knight.

That would make for a fun, young backcourt powered by the magic of friendship

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Late career Lebron on the Lakers makes sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Sir_Charles posted:

In a vacuum I'd be pretty alright with the Suns trading #4 for Russell. Don't know what else it would take to get it done though. Also they'd have to have deals lined up for Bledsoe and Knight.

I've seen some Suns bloggers tossing around the idea that the Suns would probably be happy to include Knight as a throw in just because the market is apparently soft for him and then his unhappiness becomes the Lakers' problem.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sir_Charles posted:

Russell would probably be the third player in this draft so I would hope you'd be ok with it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rick posted:

I've seen some Suns bloggers tossing around the idea that the Suns would probably be happy to include Knight as a throw in just because the market is apparently soft for him and then his unhappiness becomes the Lakers' problem.

I mean that's a decent trade overall but I feel like the Lakers are gonna regret cutting bait so quickly

OTOH it's not like he put up KAT or Brand stats his rookie season sooo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

I mean that's a decent trade overall but I feel like the Lakers are gonna regret cutting bait so quickly

OTOH it's not like he put up KAT or Brand stats his rookie season sooo

I am just treating this as a hypothetical, there's not even a lot of smoke to the fire here. This is all literally stemming from Chad Ford saying "well the Lakers worked a lot of people out, I hear they're locked in on Ingram so they must want another pick too . . . they should trade Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell to the Celtics for #3 and garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Rumor is Memphis promised Malachi Richardson. I'm gonna barf

• Locked thread