Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

A flying mount would be pretty cool and makes sense if the world really is massive. I hope it would be something weird though like a repurposed guardian or something.

MOOSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bring back Dimitri

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you get the version with a Wolf Link amiibo? It'll be important later. Plus it's a REALLY pretty amiibo :allears:.

I did indeed :3:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been trying to figure out what's a good area between obligatory and useless for the Breath of the Wild amiibos.

For the Guardian, I think the simplest thing for it to do is summon a Gaurdian fight. Once per day, you could battle one for good loot drops.

The Rider Link amiibo could be how you bring Epona into the game. Normally you just try and tame any old horse, but with the amiibo, you get a chance to tame Link's legendary horsefriend.

The Archer Link amiibo gave me an idea that I'm really interested in. I like the idea that at any point during a game, you could scan it and save all your gear to it. When starting a new file, you have a prompt to scan an amiibo. Scan the Archer Link and you get all the gear you had saved. Start out with lots of toys right away.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want the Guardian Amiibo to summon a friendly Guardian who travels with me and I can ride it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I want the Guardian Amiibo to summon a friendly Guardian who travels with me and I can ride it

This but it also had a dog bed for a hat for my wolf Link buddy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

coffeecup posted:

Has it been said what is stopping Link from just climbing down the side of the Great Plateau?

I do think it's kind of novel to create a zone boundary the way they have; it's not magic, it's not lock and key, it's not a real wall or an invisible code wall or a pit of spikes or a moat of poison... it's just the plain, matter of fact obstacle of being too high up on a landmass. Pretty neat.

My guess is the plateau height is too tall for the duration of your initial stamina level? I wonder how far down you could climb while also letting go for little drops in between.

It's too tall probably, but you could sequence break by just continually eating meat to refill the stamina gauge

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

It's too tall probably, but you could sequence break by just continually eating meat to refill the stamina gauge

There are stamina boosting mushrooms on the plateau itself. I bet with enough foraging you could cook up something that would let you make it down. Might take longer than just speeding through the trials, but drat if it's not a fun challenge to consider.

George Lazenby
Jan 12, 2007

I think there's a big bottomles pit/moat thing surrounding the plateau, so if you try to climb or jump down you'll just fall into the void

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Someone overlaid the map with the one on the gamepad screen from the first gameplay reveal ages ago.

I can't wait to explore the coast! :swoon: I really hope there's a swimming mechanic even close to the one in Majora's Mask.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hedrigall posted:

Someone overlaid the map with the one on the gamepad screen from the first gameplay reveal ages ago.

I can't wait to explore the coast! :swoon: I really hope there's a swimming mechanic even close to the one in Majora's Mask.

I wanna meet that Hyrule

We saw link Diving in water so maybe well get a pretty good swimming mechanic

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hedrigall posted:

Holy poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to get brutally killed at Skull Lake

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to jump off the southwest side and face unforgiving cold and trecherous mountains.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Looks like every conceivable biome on that map other then tropical.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well there were palm trees in the trailer

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the game is showing us how most old style items will be acquired, trading spirit stones for them. Given the nature of the game, I wonder how many will be dedicated to making certain travel aspects easier. Heck, I wonder what those items will look like. Bows and Hammers are just found weapons now (though I hope there's still a legendary one you can get for helping Gorons) and bombs are part of your "spellbook". I think the hookshot is still a possibility, and it would be a rad way to assist climbing.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'd love for the hookshot to come back, but I'm really really really hoping for some kind of playable instrument.

e: like a trombone

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Gaspy Conana posted:

I'd love for the hookshot to come back, but I'm really really really hoping for some kind of playable instrument.

:agreed:

I love when music plays a big role in Zelda games

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
You'll have to wait for the next mainline Zelda game, The Legend of Zelda: Nonchalant Xylophone

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The next Zelda game will be a rhythm game where all the incarnations of Link meet up and form a band using their choice instruments.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There will be plenty of music in all my Breath of the Wild amvs.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Gaspy Conana posted:

e: like a trombone

I think a woodwind instrument would be most likely.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

George Lazenby posted:

I think there's a big bottomles pit/moat thing surrounding the plateau, so if you try to climb or jump down you'll just fall into the void

Aw.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Goons, are you going to get Breath of the Wild for Wii U or NX?

wii u, cuz i bought one in december and need to justify it as a long term purchase :(

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Canned Panda posted:

I think a woodwind instrument would be most likely.

Saxophone or bust.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The next Zelda game will be a rhythm game where all the incarnations of Link meet up and form a band using their choice instruments.

We already had a Majora's Mask remake!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

If this game brings back Moosh it will officially be The Best Game Ever Made

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Is there a chance the Wii U version will be actually good? Because I have almost unused console lying around and I love Shadow of Colossus type of aesthetics.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

coffeecup posted:

Has it been said what is stopping Link from just climbing down the side of the Great Plateau?

I do think it's kind of novel to create a zone boundary the way they have; it's not magic, it's not lock and key, it's not a real wall or an invisible code wall or a pit of spikes or a moat of poison... it's just the plain, matter of fact obstacle of being too high up on a landmass. Pretty neat.

My guess is the plateau height is too tall for the duration of your initial stamina level? I wonder how far down you could climb while also letting go for little drops in between.

I'm pretty sure someone during the Treehouse streams said you can jump off as soon as you get the paraglider if you want.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Kinda looks like the Great Plateau is floating? Also it's Castle Town from OOT?

I got that from HERE in case you're interested.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

nintendo needs to make more games based on the "failure state" zelda timeline-line, they're always the best ones

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My theory is the entire plateau has been sealed off somehow for a century. If you look at videos the fortification extends around the entire outside of it, probably to protect the entire area from outside intervention.

The Temple you see as you leave the cave at the beginning is the Temple of Time. So it's probably awoken Link now that the time is right or the magic has finally weakened.
Def a Hero of Time story, just doing it the long way around this time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait to find lore in this game. Holy poo poo you guys :swoon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

My theory is the entire plateau has been sealed off somehow for a century. If you look at videos the fortification extends around the entire outside of it, probably to protect the entire area from outside intervention.

The Temple you see as you leave the cave at the beginning is the Temple of Time. So it's probably awoken Link now that the time is right or the magic has finally weakened.
Def a Hero of Time story, just doing it the long way around this time.

What does avatar have to do with zelda

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I kinda love it being a Hero of Time deal. Like turns out they didn't need Link after putting him in stasis and forgot to wake him up after defeating Ganon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ijyt posted:

What does avatar have to do with zelda

Link has been asleep for 100 years

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Is there a chance the Wii U version will be actually good? Because I have almost unused console lying around and I love Shadow of Colossus type of aesthetics.

nope. no chance. sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

You could just check out all those cool videos showing of Breath of the Wild on the WiiU.