Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

:siren: BOOM FOUND THE CONTRADICTION :siren:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Leaning Town
Li Dawny: had a me too case on me after admittes waffling, but has otherwise come across as genuine.

Absolutely nothing in AA's post history to suggest that this change has occurred from whence he had her pegged as scum. Wrap it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ok

##vote li dawny

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ok

##vote li dawny

Come on dude.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
This is what Quidnoses are for. I'll let her defend herself but dropping my concerns about Max atm

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Every AA post on Li Dawny, in order:

Li Dawny's case feels like a me too, and Max focusing on the hedging argument seems off to me as well.

I don't know about the vote on Adahn, I have max and li dawny pegged for scum. I think their casing is disingenuous and shallow.

(Max and Dong being my too two right now with suspicion on Li Dawny and maybe Quid as well).

I am most suspicious about you, li dawny, max and dong. Although Dong made a very good point today about the switch that makes me think he might be town. So I'd say you, max and li dawny in that order. LD hasn't been too vocal today, but max came in pressing a point that I slithered away EOD and you did this too, but now are basically casing me for defending myself.

AND THEN:

Leaning Town
Li Dawny: had a me too case on me after admittes waffling, but has otherwise come across as genuine.

:allears:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also need MMT to weigh in

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AA also never mentions MMT at all, so it could be her as well. I don't see him doing this poo poo with Li Dawny that blatantly, however, I legitimately think he was under pressure and hosed up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, I have a few back to back meetings from 12 - 4 today, so this afternoon is going to be a little tight.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I'll do my best, but I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with them.

AA is difficult. I can see both sides and have been cased for being scum just because of having a life. I am feeling slightly more of a town vibe.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This was after calling AA scum all of D1 and then dropping that in favor of going after Max et. al. She never really talks about AA after D1 from what I can see.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Not gonna vote without giving her a shot at defense and MMT weighing in but keep building if you have time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am agreeing that it is damning but MMT hasn't come in yet, and I do want to see LD's response to this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh hey, :same: Adahn.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't really have anything else to build because both their post histories are light :shrug:

I have another thought but I want Dawny to weigh in before I mention it~

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have to say that Quid is making a good case, and I'm not sure how to defend except by saying it's wrong. I'm not going to get into a slap fight with him because we've done that and I refuse to do it again. AA had slipped off my radar when I began suspecting Adahn, we all know that and we've all done that, it's called tunneling for a reason. And yes, I was tunneling Adahn for a while because he gets under my nerves and it's been a particularly stressful week, I see that now that I re-read.

Moving on, MMT has been a little jumpy in this game. Pretty hard defending themselves in a game where lynching isn't necessarily the end. Max I mostly suspected in relation with Adahn (who I'm still a bit suspicious of) and re-reading his posts they come off pretty townie.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That...was not the response I was expecting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wanna hear MMT chime in.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT not instantly agreeing with dongs and adahn about me when this day started seems a little too cavalier for scum.

No, but they have to continue to play past this day if that worked. Hmm.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wait, li dawny promised she isnt scum to me, though.

li dawny, if youre scum, on the honour of our friendship and promises, confess to your scummy ways and i will forgive you

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

actually i cant do this to li dawny force her to choose between me and the sanctity of mafia games

li dawny ignore these posts under the punishment of losing my friendship forever

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For now, I'm not at all concerned about MMT being scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dongs what color is your car?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

For now, I'm not at all concerned about MMT being scum.

Mmm, MMT has also done some hard defending of AA this game, so it is not outside the realm of possibility. But coming off of what Quid just posted, I couldn't reconcile voting MMT over LD.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Adahn1986 posted:

Dongs what color is your car?

"mocha bronze metallic"

i wish it were black but wotcha gonna do

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just woke up!

Quidnose posted:

:siren: BOOM FOUND THE CONTRADICTION :siren:

Absolutely nothing in AA's post history to suggest that this change has occurred from whence he had her pegged as scum. Wrap it up.

At the moment this feels like the strongest active case, I'm going to give AA / LD a reread but as it stands right now I agree that LD is likely the last scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Mmm, MMT has also done some hard defending of AA this game, so it is not outside the realm of possibility. But coming off of what Quid just posted, I couldn't reconcile voting MMT over LD.

Yeah, I've mostly explained away Dawny's gameplay due to her being frustrated with me, as well as the fact that she promised Dongs she wasn't scum.

Still need to wait for MMT, but the lack of defense makes me more comfortable voting Dawny.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I have to say that Quid is making a good case, and I'm not sure how to defend except by saying it's wrong. I'm not going to get into a slap fight with him because we've done that and I refuse to do it again. AA had slipped off my radar when I began suspecting Adahn, we all know that and we've all done that, it's called tunneling for a reason. And yes, I was tunneling Adahn for a while because he gets under my nerves and it's been a particularly stressful week, I see that now that I re-read.

Moving on, MMT has been a little jumpy in this game. Pretty hard defending themselves in a game where lynching isn't necessarily the end. Max I mostly suspected in relation with Adahn (who I'm still a bit suspicious of) and re-reading his posts they come off pretty townie.

I would argue that I haven't really been defending myself all that much, there hasn't really been a convincing (based on the votes) case on me yet. Are you saying I'm your strongest scum read?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

"mocha bronze metallic"

i wish it were black but wotcha gonna do

Looks good! Just passed one that was like a blood red so was thinking about it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think we have a consensus read here.

##vote Dawny

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pending LD making a genuine effortcase on someone I feel like it would be hard to justify voting anywhere else. I'm suspicious of

(a) she's calling me suspicious for being defensive/jumpy (was I?), but not mentioning the fact that I was defending AA (which imo is the best case to be made on me)
(b) she strikes me as hedgey, like someone who doesn't want to call anyone scum because she knows we're all town

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I'm not great at day one, and I'm super not great at making calls, but I want to say that AA has spent may of their time today carefully maintaining their non-alliance with people and doing not much else. They pick a bit here or there, but most of it reads like they want to maintained their distance from anyone to avoid being tagged as 'scumbros', but not in a natural way. It seems forced, like scum would do.

Li Dawny posted:

AA had slipped off my radar when I began suspecting Adahn, we all know that and we've all done that, it's called tunneling for a reason.

Why would thinking Adahn is scum make you drop suspicion of AA?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm reading through LD and seeing a few instances of saying "yes AA is scummy but you are more scummy."

My block of meetings has started so sorry for not quoting them.

The one that stands out the most though, for whatever reason, is when LD excoriated Quid for the deadline discussion. That was a pretty legit argument Quid was leveling on AA at the time, and that looks like a scum buddy getting frustrated.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I would argue that I haven't really been defending myself all that much, there hasn't really been a convincing (based on the votes) case on me yet. Are you saying I'm your strongest scum read?

Murmur Twin posted:

Pending LD making a genuine effortcase on someone I feel like it would be hard to justify voting anywhere else. I'm suspicious of

(a) she's calling me suspicious for being defensive/jumpy (was I?), but not mentioning the fact that I was defending AA (which imo is the best case to be made on me)
(b) she strikes me as hedgey, like someone who doesn't want to call anyone scum because she knows we're all town

You spent two posts defending yourself about being defensive. I mean, I don't know what else to say about that. Also, your name gets thrown around but you don't appear until there's someone you can jump onto a vote for. Just saying.

To answer this

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would thinking Adahn is scum make you drop suspicion of AA?

I didn't say I dropped suspicion, I said I was more concerned with Adahn. Stop putting words in my mouth. And I apologize for not having the energy for a fight to prove I'm town. If you want to stump me, stump me, whatever. Maybe then you'll have the info you need to catch scum. It seems like most you you think I'm scum, and it's somewhat close to the deadline, so I get it. But for the record I'm ##vote MMT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote LD

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

thats -1

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah ##vote LD

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Li Dawny!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Li Dawny (4): dongsbot 9000, Adahn1986, Quidnose, Max
Murmur Twin (1): Li Dawny
Adahn1986 (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986

Not Voting (1): Murmur Twin

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 20th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 17 minutes.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
The rainforest was getting scary these days. Trees were turning on trees, and the threat of destruction hung over all of them equally.

Well, except for Li Dawny, who was chopped in 'Twain...

...leaving a very angry stump.

Li Dawny, Town Aligned Tree, has been Stumped!

Night 3 has begun, you have 24 hours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
All is quiet in Ferngully as morning finally arrives.

No one has died night 3, day 4 begins.

• Locked thread