Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I finally got off my lazy rear end and recorded another video! This time, we start making our way through Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge. This was a game I quite enjoyed when I was younger, and one of the first games I was able to 100%. I do state that it was an early PlayStation title in the video, which of course I found out was false when I looked it up after recording. The popping in the cut-scenes will hopefully get fixed in the next video, as will my noisy-as-hell controller sounds. And so, without further ado, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZnlU3qkx4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

LogicalFallacy posted:

I finally got off my lazy rear end and recorded another video! This time, we start making our way through Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge. This was a game I quite enjoyed when I was younger, and one of the first games I was able to 100%. I do state that it was an early PlayStation title in the video, which of course I found out was false when I looked it up after recording. The popping in the cut-scenes will hopefully get fixed in the next video, as will my noisy-as-hell controller sounds. And so, without further ado, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZnlU3qkx4

THis game is so weird

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

A bunch of PlayStation games are fairly weird. It comes from developers still trying to make arcade games while also trying to make sure there was some sort of plot and other "modern" elements. This resulted in stuff like Pipe Dreams 3D and Breakout.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I eat poo poo immediately, then through a collection of some bad luck and mostly fat fingers to just barely managed to get through this one. The bug that slowed down the bosses animation randomly didn't hurt either.

edit. Also, the game just popped up in the latest humble bundle, so if you want it you can get it here

Part Five - King of Dust

Playlist
Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones
Part Three- Queen of Dust
Part Four- Jack of Plague

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 7, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7KUT_C77I

:supaburn: AAAGH pyromancers! In other news, at least that's the second Great Soul with a small demonstration of drowning off narrow walkways on the side.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Well, this just inspired me to buy that bundle, so thanks. A request though: could you lower the volume of the music? I'm having a hard time hearing what you're saying during the fights.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

Well, this just inspired me to buy that bundle, so thanks. A request though: could you lower the volume of the music? I'm having a hard time hearing what you're saying during the fights.

Yeah, same for me.

What do those little red dots to the side of the monster cards indicate?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm really enjoying the Hand of Fate videos and it has definitely inspired me to check it out also. I can't help but imagine Jim Varney's Ernest character as the dealer because of his voice. Am I alone on this?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yeah, same for me.

What do those little red dots to the side of the monster cards indicate?

I *think* they are the cards specifically added for that round by the dealer. And I'll look at the balance, thanks for pointing that out.

edit. actually, they are the slightly stronger ones you unlock for getting to the end of each row.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Today I woke up and noticed I had mumbled my way through another stage of Mega Man X2.

At first I was confused, but then I remembered I had something like a LP going, so I went gently caress it and uploaded this thing to YouTube. "Enjoy" me trying again to speak a language I was not born with.

Mega Man X2 Part 10: Crystal Snails are Hardshelled Bastards

Edit:

I just noticed I had forgotten to include links to the older parts two times in a row. Oops!

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

MMX2 Part 05

MMX2 Part 06 -Bonus Episode-

MMX2 Part 07

MMX2 Part 08 -Bonus Episode II-

MMX2 Part 09

Libluini fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 10, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778563&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=228#post505909894

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 24, 2020

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku2onHiHnKA

If one katana is :krad:, surely two are even better? At least they're good for chopping up mage-killer lionmen from Earth-51.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778563&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=228#post505909894

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 24, 2020

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GlNIuFuwpo

Ordinarily I'd have just edited the Shaded Ruins down to one video, but in this case I also had comparatively brief footage from the Doors of Pharros at the end. (I apologize if someone was looking for Ratbro PvP, but that's not really my cup of tea.)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Weeeeeeee're back! In this update, Solar Eclipse starts to show its teeth both in gameplay and plot development, and by that I mean the story starts to shift toward being a survival horror tale, and the gameplay hauls off and knees you in the crotch.

It's still better than that piece of poo poo Off-World Interceptor Extreme.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

It's still better than that piece of poo poo Off-World Interceptor Extreme.

it's loving on!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

That draw distance is basically bringing the shmup sight gag to a third person perspective.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The :killdozer: is the greatest thing I've ever seen and I need Brigador now.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

Let's Donate All of Our Money to Time Crisis 3

Time Crisis 3 is a light gun game where you shoot a bunch of people with a plastic toy gun and a fistful of tokens...except in this LP, a "plastic toy gun" is a PlayStation 2 controller, and a "fistful of tokens" is the :20bux: I spent on a copy of this game in 2008.

Arcade Mode:
P1 Side (Normal)
P2 Side (Hard)

(This is also babby's first LP and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did in making it!)

Artificial Beats fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 1, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-JsSwidzh8

BCT is a rather strange area, since out of the four starting forks it's most strongly reminiscent of some place in DS1. The resemblance is intentional, mind, but of course things have changed due to the passage of time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artificial Beats posted:

Let's Donate All of Our Money to Time Crisis 3

Time Crisis 3 is a light gun game where you shoot a bunch of people with a plastic toy gun and a fistful of tokens...except in this LP, a "plastic toy gun" is a PlayStation 2 controller, and a "fistful of tokens" is the :20bux: I spent on a copy of this game in 2008.

Arcade Mode:
P1 Side (Normal)

(This is also babby's first LP and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did in making it!)

I love the Time Crisis games. They're so delightfully corny :allears:. Time Crisis 2 was a staple of drat near every arcade I've ever visited. They kind of feel like they wouldn't be out of place in the Ace Combat/Ridge Racer world, all told.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I used to be able to one-credit clear Time Crisis 3. I loved that game in the arcade in college.

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I love the Time Crisis games. They're so delightfully corny :allears:. Time Crisis 2 was a staple of drat near every arcade I've ever visited. They kind of feel like they wouldn't be out of place in the Ace Combat/Ridge Racer world, all told.

I'm surprised that the series has neither made references to nor have been referenced to by other Bandai Namco games, considering how often they've recently done that with both Ace Combat and the Tales series.

But yeah, these games are super fun, especially in co-op!

Night10194 posted:

I used to be able to one-credit clear Time Crisis 3. I loved that game in the arcade in college.

Nice! I've only 1CC'd this once at a machine, and that was because I had a random stranger with me for co-op and also because of sheer dumb luck on my part.

I am also jealous that you have/had a machine in your college's arcade. The "most frequently played" ones at mine are DDR Extreme and a Capcom vs. SNK 2 that was built inside a recycled Beatmania cabinet. It would've been nice if we at least had a Time Crisis 2 machine!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Contractual Obligation Goes Right! - Let's Casually Play Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire Live

Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are updated 3DS remakes of the GBA's Ruby and Sapphire, adding multiple features introduced in X and Y and continuing the tradition of remakes started with FireRed and LeafGreen.

We play as MayOcto-Jane, a young Pokemon trainer as she begins her journey to become Hoenn's premiere Pokemon master. Along the way she makes BRFs (Best Rivals Forever) with neighbor boy BrendanBrendo-Bob and vaguely ill Wally, gets sucked into stopping the world-flooding plans of the evil-but-silly-and-lovable Team Aqua, captures and trades a shitton of legendary and mythical Pokemon with strangers, and finally rides a giant green finger trap into space.

I was kindly gifted Alpha Sapphire by TheReaperHolland, so as thanks I LP'd the game live on my hitbox multiple times a week, with edited down videos uploaded to YouTube every other day.

Sirens :siren: clarify parts with a gym battle or other super-important battle, dashes ------------ separate the individual streaming sessions.

(By mariozxa)

(By ChibiWisdom)

(By Rakumel)

(By LordZeroTheMighty)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 21, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Artificial Beats posted:

Nice! I've only 1CC'd this once at a machine, and that was because I had a random stranger with me for co-op and also because of sheer dumb luck on my part.

I am also jealous that you have/had a machine in your college's arcade. The "most frequently played" ones at mine are DDR Extreme and a Capcom vs. SNK 2 that was built inside a recycled Beatmania cabinet. It would've been nice if we at least had a Time Crisis 2 machine!

We used to have both TC 3 and Crisis Zone when I was at University of Michigan. Sadly, I went back recently and the Crisis Zone machine went out of commission permanently.

That game was awesome and its PS2 version sucked because they removed the ability to progress scenes faster than they should go, which totally screwed up the time attack aspect.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Those massive Time Crisis machines with the pistols that have a moving slide have always been the one cabinet that makes me think "Hmm, maybe I should - holy poo poo that's expensive."

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, I peeked into the cost for a Time Crisis 5 machine out of curiosity. "$22k for the machine? No thanks."

I still got my 1LC skills for Time Crisis 4. My college has that machine, and I got pretty good at it, to the point where I could basically go to any other TC4 machine, and if it doesn't have a completely hosed calibration set-up, I would clear it pretty darn easily.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I did it. I finally finished my first LP. Here is part 20 of my LP of The Mark of Kri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZZxlroh3-A

Wait am I even posting this LP in this thread?

I'm so disappointed in myself, I kept up daily videos for the first 19 parts, and then I got Overwatch and part 20 came out 3 weeks after part 19 went up. Oh well.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You say that, but I keep wanting to get back to recording Legendary for more than a month but I lost my save data and can't stomach replaying it for more than ten minutes at a time.
Well, that and I got MGS5.
I'll get there.

Point is three weeks are nothing when it comes to LP gaps.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

NGDBSS posted:

(I apologize if someone was looking for Ratbro PvP, but that's not really my cup of tea.)

Weak! :argh: But you might not have gotten anybody anyway. Mog and I got a fair bit of Ratbro footage, but half of them were low SM smurfs even then.

Definitely approve of the Drakekeeper axe. I used it and their greatsword for some PvP footage, and the sheer range on the axe makes it... great. :D I don't think I've ever seen the big pigs at the start of the Cove, either.

---

Got something different for y'all this time! Ben and I started streaming Alan Wake after our PS3's HDMI port died but our 360 still worked, and it's been going well. We're taking it a lot more seriously than usual, not talking over dialog and keeping focused on the plot and everything. There's still some fun but it's not us joking about the whole thing. We're currently over halfway through the main story (just finished chapter 4), so spoilers are OK if you mark them (like if you want to point out how things fit together and stuff, or speculate if you haven't seen the game before).

Alan Wake - Episode 1: Nightmare Part 1
Just us getting used to the game and getting a feel for the story and all. We get through the gameplay tutorial and the first couple cutscenes with Alan and his wife.

Ben's gotten pretty cynical about games with "critically-acclaimed stories" after Heavy Rain and Bioshock Infinite and the like, so it took him some time to warm to Alan Wake, but he definitely seems to like it now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
First off: I had no idea you could straight up just turn around and walk back to Alan's car (and thus examine the island), that's really cool! Alan Wake is a fantastic game, and I like your LP stuff so for me that's a winning combo :sax:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In the lowest effort of all posts, my roommate wanted to do a LP, so she's doing the playing and we're both doing the talking and I'm doing all the actual video production. Like, clicking record and upload.
She's playing Resident Evil 4, and I have no idea how often we're going to be updating, but here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDsWVXPSnFc

In other news, part 5 of my Uncharted 1 playthrough is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQ--xVgfq0
I didn't make a banner type dealy for it yet. Still getting back in the swing of things after playing overwatch for 3 straight weeks instead of working on any of my LP stuff at all.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Wayne posted:

Weak! :argh: But you might not have gotten anybody anyway. Mog and I got a fair bit of Ratbro footage, but half of them were low SM smurfs even then.

Definitely approve of the Drakekeeper axe. I used it and their greatsword for some PvP footage, and the sheer range on the axe makes it... great. :D I don't think I've ever seen the big pigs at the start of the Cove, either.
Between DS3's recent release, and the player base being spread over six different ports, there aren't many people around in any particular version. Just today I decided to do some online play with Punchwitch*, and didn't see any PvP hits. (I did go offline in the Grave of Saints in order to farm Awestones, though.) As for the Drakekeeper weapons, I like all of them but some more than others. In particular, the Drakekeeper's Ultra Greatsword isn't particularly special just because there's so much choice in that weapon category.

*The fist weapon moveset takes some getting used to when you're employing it against nearly everything.

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTnlomKN3DA

Being able to scare off all the spiders was a welcome addition to Scholar, but I won't be showing that footage quite yet. Also at the end Nate and I had a rather heated discussion of DS3, which I decided to cut later for obvious reasons. (The sound clip I added to replace said discussion came from a very early sound test in which we read some idiot's testimony.)

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Snak posted:

In the lowest effort of all posts, my roommate wanted to do a LP, so she's doing the playing and we're both doing the talking and I'm doing all the actual video production. Like, clicking record and upload.
She's playing Resident Evil 4, and I have no idea how often we're going to be updating, but here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDsWVXPSnFc

In other news, part 5 of my Uncharted 1 playthrough is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQ--xVgfq0
I didn't make a banner type dealy for it yet. Still getting back in the swing of things after playing overwatch for 3 straight weeks instead of working on any of my LP stuff at all.

It's good to see you still playing Uncharted

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

It's good to see you still playing Uncharted

Oh thanks! Part 6 is actually up today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4yhQ8Ka2Zw
and also :ssh: I beat uncharted weeks ago. The footage is all sitting on my harddrive. I'm actually 94% of the way through Uncharted 2. My Uncharted 2 LP is probably much better than my UC1, because I've been learning and working on my commentary and production the whole time.

Part 7 is already encoded, it will be up friday. I'm done editing 8 and 9, they will be up sometime next week. It's 15 parts total. Uncharted 2 will be more, because I got worried about some of my videos being longer than 30 minutes, which I think is just too long, and I started aiming for closer to 20 minute videos. Uncharted games are pretty well suited to that sort of time block, so it worked out pretty well.

Part 2 of resident evil 4 w/ stevie will be up tomorrow. I won't double post, so if there aren't any replies when I get up tomorrow, I'll just edit the link into this post.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Point is three weeks are nothing when it comes to LP gaps.

Oh yeah, I've actually finished recording my entire Hand of Fate LP, but because my ISP is run by chimps on Australian infrastructure, I can't actually upload them until I get my real internet back. Gonna take literally two days to upload all the episodes.

:australia:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
#AustralianLet'sPlayerProblems

:(:hf::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Resident Evil 4- Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs-u-Yf0msI