Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mitch spends the first 20 mins talking about cradling kittens in his hands yet no Lenny from Of Mice and Men jokes from Wiger. "What the FOCK?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

Thanks... Will keep this in mind if I'm in LA and I get a touch of the rumblies.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I already forgot what it was but in this ep nick says the weirdest, grossest, most infantile thing in the world and Mitch says "...cool" . What did nick say.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Mitch spends the first 20 mins talking about cradling kittens in his hands yet no Lenny from Of Mice and Men jokes from Wiger. "What the FOCK?"

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/735902559538405378

How could you say no, really

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/736010136947302400

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Even before the kittens, it was inevitable that Doughboys would end with Wiger shooting Mitch in the back of the head.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I cannot believe I never made the connection that Wiger was Leo Karpatze until the Popeye's episode. I love that stupid bit.

I keep waiting for the super long drops to not be funny to me, but they absolutely kill me. Last week's "what the gently caress" medley was a goddamn riot.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
"Pupeye's"

Old Swerdlow fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 29, 2016

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Reesees Peesees

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This drove me unreasonably crazy. I hoped he was doing a bit, but no, he just doesn't know how to pronounce loving Popeye's.

I think Mike Mitchell is the dumbest person I listen to on a regular basis.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Mike Mitchell is my hero.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

This drove me unreasonably crazy. I hoped he was doing a bit, but no, he just doesn't know how to pronounce loving Popeye's.

I think Mike Mitchell is the dumbest person I listen to on a regular basis.

It's a regional accent you weirdo

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
pahk the cah in pupeyes pupcorn hutdog

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There's nothing like a hutdog at the ballpark. Fenway Franks... 5 forks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a lot of revealing revelations in the claudia o'doherty episode

i have a huge crush on claudia o'doherty

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I mean who doesn't have a crush on Claudia?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

wagnike2 posted:

I mean who doesn't have a crush on Claudia?

Yah everyone does

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"I hope the loving white race gets wiped out!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Glad we finally got to hear about Wiger's Mount Buzzmore.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My dad is a Filipino man from Hawaii and I have left a very terse note for Mike "The Spoonman" Mitch Mitchell.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

These recent episodes of the Doughboys, have been a welcome return to form. With the resurgence of the burger brigade, pedophile jokes, the spoonman's new kittens, the dialing back on the stupid hashtag bit, and above all SOLID guests, I would give the last three episodes 4/5 forks. That being said, I think Wiger is missing a step with the drops, and we could really use another themed event ala the tournament of chompions/rockdoughberfest.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
So glad they finally got Jonah on. It was worth it.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

djnkro posted:

As the resident doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

These recent episodes of the Doughboys, have been a welcome return to form. With the resurgence of the burger brigade, pedophile jokes, the spoonman's new kittens, the dialing back on the stupid hashtag bit, and above all SOLID guests, I would give the last three episodes 4/5 forks. That being said, I think Wiger is missing a step with the drops, and we could really use another themed event ala the tournament of chompions/rockdoughberfest.

fuk off also rockdoughberfest was horrible you moron

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Santitas were already my chip of choice but their love of the Doughboys thru twitter has only cemented my brand loyalty.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Here's the "Gungan Style" video Wiger mentioned. Very much worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2df6x2YEeu8

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Two weeks behind but where did Wiger pull this "The Ace is the Rasputin, the Hand of the King" playing card headcanon bullshit from?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Pretty sure Netflix already made that show with Kevin Spacey anyway. I haven't seen it, myself, but I assume that's what it's about.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Still behind, but lollin at Nick being from SoCal but not knowing about the checkered flag at Baja Fresh representing the Baja 500.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I want to send in a spoon man drop that starts with howdy ho and then is well we only have time for one more segment and that's something called plugs and then an entire plugs theme and then Scott thanking the band and that's the end of the drop.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I wish Mitch would relax with being such a bully because I think that would give him a much more effective position from which to make fun of nick for being an infantile creep who wants a "tasty treat"

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Also why does Mitch say "fuckin a" when it's sunshine he doesn't like? Fuckin a message something is rad.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

I wish Mitch would relax with being such a bully because I think that would give him a much more effective position from which to make fun of nick for being an infantile creep who wants a "tasty treat"

I wish Mitch would go somewhere with the cuck bit he gets so drat aggressive with it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I wish Mitch would go somewhere with the cuck bit he gets so drat aggressive with it.

Mitch's reliance on that bit is the same reason we have a word filter on these very forums for it, it goes from "HaHA, zinged" to "ugh still with this huh" pretty quick.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's still funny to me, dammit.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like it but I like the pedophilia angle more, also the weird spider loving thing.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
The whole Nick is a cuck thing with Mitch going out of his way to speak so highly of Nick's wife is so clearly and uncomfortably based in reality I can't believe Nick hasn't put an end to it. There's no where to go because it's not a bit.

e: woah I didn't know there was a filter on that word, cool.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Work Friend Keven posted:

an infantile creep who wants a "tasty treat"
One that's "really yummy."

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Mitch's reliance on that bit is the same reason we have a word filter on these very forums for it, it goes from "HaHA, zinged" to "ugh still with this huh" pretty quick.
Lol I was gonna edit mine back but thought it was much funnier to leave it.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like it but I like the pedophilia angle more, also the weird spider loving thing.
Agreed. But he should just make fun of Nick for cumming in his neighbors sheets and giving them back to her like every moment someone isn't talking. Just a little lull in the conversation..."voluminous".

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Hey guys.

So as the resident expert on the doughboys podcast, I feel like I should weigh in. To do so, I have taken some drastic measures.

I have moved out to the west coast, and began sampling some of their more contested food chains. Namely, In 'N' Out Burger, and Del Taco.

While I will agree that the Armen Weitzman special (Double Double animal style, add raw onions) Is indeed a delicious burger, well worthy of the platinum plate club, I would have to mark down the fries.
The fries are abysmal. They hold the under-seasoned potato flavor of the 5 guys fries. Without the clean crisp fry in peanut oil. They are soggy and heavy with cheap veggie oil. The wait is long, and the lack of options on the menu knock it back a touch. Though the value, and delicious burger put it squarely in the 3.5/4 forks range. Depending on the location.

Del Taco. I'll be brief with this. It's somewhere between Taco Bell, and Chipotle. Skip the burgers and fries, though they are passable. The chicken burrito/taco is a solid, much fresher version of the taco bell offering, and dare I say Chipotle offering. 3.0/3.5 forks.

djnkro fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 21, 2016

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hey guys.

Just wanted to say I used the "ignore user" feature for the first time in the seven years of using this forum. 5 forks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Hey I've been thinking of doing a bit on the something awful forums. It involves making banal white noise posts but prefacing them with "As the resident expert, ..."

I really think people will like that.