Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Wrecked is a new comedy series from TBS, airing Tuesdays at 10 PM. It's essentially a parody of Lost. From IMDB:

quote:

After a plane crashes on a remote island, two best friends, and a diverse group of survivors cope with dangerous threats (many of which they cause). The two best friends, Danny and Owen, have a chance to redeem their mediocre lives by becoming leaders of this new society.

Notably, it stars Zach Cregger who most of you probably know as one of the guys from The Whitest Kids U' Know.

I randomly stumbled across this show while drunkenly perusing certain websites, and watched it with a friend. Went in expecting nothing, ended up hurting with laughter by the end of the second episode. I really don't watch much TV, but this is one I'm going to catch every week. I really enjoyed the first two episodes, though most critical reviews seem to be negative. Hell, who knows? Try it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I love everything about Lost, so I decided gently caress it.

Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords, anything with a weird New Zealander) is also in this and the funniest character so far in line readings as well as physical comedy. I think it's also a funny take on "What if everyone could understand Jin?" and the guy is just the meanest jerk on earth.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Just watched the first two episodes and it's pretty dang funny. Rhys Darby is great as usual. The guy who lost the golf club was someone I recognized and I finally realized he was the ultimate frat daddy in a workaholics episode.

TBS seems to be doing p well with this, The Detour, and Angie Tribeca.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I liked the first two a lot. I think in the next episode the survivors make a discovery that could change everything!

Pahonix
May 29, 2004

Hooked on pahonix workid for meh!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I think in the next episode the survivors make a discovery that could change everything!

Oh boy, do they!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This show is great, and I'll watch anything that has any of the wkuk cast in it, that said I recommend not following their facebook page unless you really like spoilers. Like really terrible spoilers.

Ah well I'm really enjoying this show and hope it does well. It's rare that I actually laugh out loud to a show and this does it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've watched all four episodes so far, and I'm not sure if I like this show or not. I think it's getting better, and I enjoy bits of it, but I get to the end of an episode and I struggle to have an opinion on it.

• Locked thread