Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Does Keanu yelling at Brian turn up in many other episodes but "The Watcher?" He's by far my favourite voice/character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They did it a few times for Speed 2, which was enjoyable.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/17/ron-lester-dead-varsity-blues-actor-dies-45

Don't worry about Ron Les- oh...

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Until this episode, I legit thought that Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead and Adventures in Babysitting were the same movie. I spent the whole time wondering why they skipped the Thor part until the end.

I think we're the same person because I thought the exact same thing until now.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Oh boy, an excuse to re-watch Street Fighter this week!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

There should be a "preteen-defining endlessly-rerun-on-HBO-circa-1991-1993" month. We have Don't Tell Mom... out of the way, now onto Double Trouble, The Toy, The Golden Child, and If Looks Could Kill.

EDIT: Oh, and Nothing But Trouble. Yikes.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

There should be a "preteen-defining endlessly-rerun-on-HBO-circa-1991-1993" month. We have Don't Tell Mom... out of the way, now onto Double Trouble, The Toy, The Golden Child, and If Looks Could Kill.

EDIT: Oh, and Nothing But Trouble. Yikes.

I think one of them said they said they would never do a Nothing But Trouble episode, because that would involve rewatching the movie and it's too unsettling.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
They could do I Love Trouble, that's supposed to be pretty bad too.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ghost emoji posted:

I think one of them said they said they would never do a Nothing But Trouble episode, because that would involve rewatching the movie and it's too unsettling.

Yeah. Same thing with Master of Disguise.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
edit: double post???

Corek fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 20, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I can't blame them, Master of Disguise is loving unwatchable.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
There's no point in anyone doing Master of Disguise since Master of the Master of Disguise exists.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I feel like Home Alone 2 would be great for one of the 'milestone' episodes, like #300. Set in New York, obviously, which would fuel a good 20 minutes of tangents, but there's the essential recycling of the first movie's plot, Tim Curry, Rob Schneider, Joe Pesci impersonations, so many scenes for Andrew to say something like "They would be dead," in response to, and the weird Florida scenes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Also the fact that, unlike the first movie where Kevin is acting in self-defense after being unable to get help from the authorities, 2 is all about the kid knowingly luring the burglars into a deathtrap-filled house of horrors.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Darthemed posted:

I feel like Home Alone 2 would be great for one of the 'milestone' episodes, like #300. Set in New York, obviously, which would fuel a good 20 minutes of tangents, but there's the essential recycling of the first movie's plot, Tim Curry, Rob Schneider, Joe Pesci impersonations, so many scenes for Andrew to say something like "They would be dead," in response to, and the weird Florida scenes.

Plus Donald Trump

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

bobkatt013 posted:

Plus Donald Trump

I guess it's a good movie for the week of the elections then

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, there's already this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKgNyvsNDM

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That sounds like a great idea that would be right in their 90s sweet spot.

I haven't seen it since it came out and 10-year old me laughed his rear end off in the theater, all I remember is the scene where he throws bricks at them from the roof.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

ghost emoji posted:

The Flop House did it with John Oliver.

I mean watched the movie and did an episode on it.
Sounds like a fun horror movie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Count Chocula posted:

The Flop House did it with John Oliver.

I mean watched the movie and did an episode on it.

Google says it was John Hodgman and not John Oliver, and that he did it as part of a fundraising promo since they're on the same podcasting network.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Right, that makes more sense. Sorry.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm a bit disappointed the WHM boys hate Street Fighter so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad fuckin' movie, but unwatchable? Come the hell on.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Croisquessein posted:

They could do I Love Trouble, that's supposed to be pretty bad too.

I LOVE TROUBLE is largely just a misfire. It's only really been interesting because the two stars detested one another. Roberts called Nolte the worst actor she's worked with and he said she was a terrible person.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm a bit disappointed the WHM boys hate Street Fighter so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad fuckin' movie, but unwatchable? Come the hell on.

It's got JCVD and Raul Julia, that alone makes it worth watching as terrible as it is.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

duz posted:

It's got JCVD and Raul Julia, that alone makes it worth watching as terrible as it is.

They're also literally the only two good things about that movie. I enjoy it, but it's definitely garbage.

E: wait I thought of two more good things: the Honda Godzilla fight and Zangief learning to do a thumbs up.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Don't forget Zangief's confused "You got paid?"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
And the fact that someone on the design team thought it would be a great idea to have a portrait of M. Bison done in the style of one of John Wayne Gavy's paintings just to hang up as a background detail.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

ghost emoji posted:

I understand, truly. Too much melted, obscenely glistening Dan Akroyd and his disgusting hot dog train for me to ever stomach again

Count Chocula posted:

Sounds like, but one can only describe the reality with words like "grotesque". You Can Keep It (tm).

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The WHM guys are Mortal Kombat guys, right? So of course they hate Street Fighter, because it doesn't have pointless gore and a zillion stupid characters and a plot that constantly uses the word 'Outworld' in TYOOL 2016.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Who would Christopher Lambert play in the Street Fighter-verse?

heh heh heh heh

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
At this point, probably Gen.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

The WHM guys are Mortal Kombat guys, right? So of course they hate Street Fighter, because it doesn't have pointless gore and a zillion stupid characters and a plot that constantly uses the word 'Outworld' in TYOOL 2016.
You sure made a lot of early judgments without even listening to the first like five minutes of the show there.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

You sure made a lot of early judgments without even listening to the first like five minutes of the show there.

I was joking around, my friends keep beating me at MK XL and it's annoying. MK is clearly a better movie than Street Fighter, and the guys encyclopedic MK knowledge is hilarious.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You joke but we all know video games are serious business #actuallyitsaboutethicsinvideogamemoviepodcastepisodes

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger!"
"In what?"
"His face :geno: "

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"Made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger!"
"In what?"
"His face :geno: "

That was a perfectly timed line

Also, now I'm sad we'll never get London Has Fallen with Raul Julia's M. Bison as the villain

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

There is a really great article about the production of Street Fighter Movie, it was an amazing disaster in every aspect

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong

quote:

Van Damme is shooting guns, causing all sorts of mayhem, and he shouts to Chun-Li and Balrog: "Go, go, I'll catch you later." Here's what Van Damme said the first time: "Go, go, I'll catch you later — cut, cut, cut!"

It's unusual for an actor to call cut; that's the director's role, but Van Damme was sure he'd said "ladder" instead of "later" and he demanded they do it over. De Souza, stunned, noted the crew would need to rematch the bullet holes, rerig the actors who fell from catwalks back on their wires, clean off the costume and replace the blood packs. But Van Damme ordered another take.

quote:

"I come from poverty," says Chapa, "and here I was making more money than I ever made in my whole life, plus the place was so cheap you could get a massage for $10. We became massage addicts, getting a massage every hour. We were working hard and our bodies were pushed to the extreme."

"Let's just put it this way," says Mann, "there were a lot of hormonal guys on this film running amok in Thailand and Australia, so you do the math. We were like cavemen. We were like Vikings. We went there and conquered."

The troubles in Bangkok culminated in the blowout of a local power station, which wasn't built to handle the energy demands of a major motion picture. It was as if the city itself had an allergic reaction to the film production.

quote:

Today, in the digital era of filmmaking, directors can view footage on large high-definition screens off set as soon as it's shot, and even as it's shot on mini monitors on set. But in the 1990s, directors were forced to wait a day, sometimes two, to view processed film. De Souza, already unhappy with what he calls the "more provincial egos of the stunt people," discovered too late that the game's special moves weren't being incorporated into the brawls filmed by Picerni.

When the second unit team showed reluctance to include the special moves at de Souza's request — claiming the special moves "weren't real enough" — de Souza decided he would film them himself. And here's where things get muddy, as history changes depending on who's retelling it.

the best Street Fighter movie was made by Jackie Chan anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkvPmHRI7E

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
My favorite little story from that is Van Damme going "of course Kylie Minogue and I hooked up. How could we not?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

We Hate Movies: Soccer is the anime of sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
My country's playing in the elimination round at the EC for the first time this weekend, I almost want to drop that quote at a viewing party or something just to see the reactions.