Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Good job taking out the Machine's primary asset, henchmen! PLEASE ACCEPT YOUR REWARD *kaboooom*

More of these dudes should've realized that working for Samaritan is a lovely gig :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
johns up there popin kneecaps in heaven :cry:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Regy Rusty posted:

What difference would it make? All Samaritan cares about is preserving itself. Its only hope for doing so is to upload to the satellite. Not uploading means that Team Machine wins regardless.

Yeah, I mean why didn't Team Machine blow up the antenna before the satellite got into position. At worst Machine and Sammy both die, at best they still have the suitcase Machine and nobody has to go down with the ship.

Chicken in Black
May 22, 2005

So lovely
This sure isn't helping my anxiety :(

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
gently caress you CBS.

Also shouldn't the Machine and Samaritan have made physical back ups somewhere?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Want that music, I can see why they dropped Heroes for that, so, so good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FUSCO LIVES NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

gently caress you Blackwell, you worthless loving character. I'm glad you're dead.

Kegslayer posted:

gently caress you CBS.

Also shouldn't the Machine and Samaritan have made physical back ups somewhere?

Sammy's backup was in the bank vault.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Regy Rusty posted:

BEAR LIVES NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Kind of disappointed that the Blackwell plotline went absolutely nowhere.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Regy Rusty posted:

FUSCO LIVES NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

And Bear is with Shaw

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The fakeout on John's last name was the best bit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HE WENT BACK TO HER

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

The fakeout on John's last name was the best bit.

Lol yeah

PST
Jul 5, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

Kind of disappointed that the Blackwell plotline went absolutely nowhere.

That felt like something that would have been more fleshed out either with 22 episodes, or without the irrelevant numbers insisted on by CBS

Root and the missiles didn't get used either

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shaw n' Bear, friends forever <3

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

*knowing smile*

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm.... I'm not crying.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PST posted:

That felt like something that would have been more fleshed out either with 22 episodes, or without the irrelevant numbers insisted on by CBS

Root and the missiles didn't get used either

Well, a different missile did.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

I'm.... I'm not crying.

I'm

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 22, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Well that was a good way to close out a great series.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Satisfying but clearly rushed. gently caress you cbs, I'll not be watching Zoo tyvm :mad:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Yeah ,but it did end on a great note.

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Who the gently caress is cutting onions in here?!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

quote:

If you can hear this, you're alone.

The only thing left of me is the sound of my voice.

I don't know if any of us made it. Did we win, did we lose? I don't know.

But either way it's over. So let me tell us who we were. Let me you who you are.

Someone once asked me if I had learned anything from it all. So let me tell you what I learned:

I learned everyone dies alone.

But if you meant something to someone...

If you helped someone...

Or loved someone...

If even a single person remembers you...

... then maybe you never really die.

And maybe...

... this isn't the end at all.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
God drat that owned. Best possible way to close things out, given what they had to work with.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
That was a good finale, even though it was pretty clear that the ending was an extremely truncated version of whatever the writers had originally planned. I'm gonna miss this show :(

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

That was great. I can't believe it's over.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I Am Satisfied. :rip: John, Machine 1.0.

Welcome, Machine 2.0. You have a lot to learn, but your predecessor seems to have left you some good instructions to start with. Time to get to work. :unsmith:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's interesting to note that each group of people was basically separated into pairs (or trios) and only one of each group lived through the series (eg, Root/Finch, Carter/Fusco, Root/Martine, Shaw/Reese, Root/Finch/Greer, Finch/Arthur (the list goes on)).

Would have loved a You Are Being Watched in Times Square moment but c'est la vie.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://twitter.com/pediaofinterest/status/745451515117133826

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Personally I didn't feel this particular episode felt rushed. The season itself a bit yeah, and Blackwell I think was the biggest misstep. But basically everything in this episode worked perfectly for me.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Caught up with the series just in time to watch the final episode live. That was a pretty good run, even if the last of it was rushed as hell.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I would be okay with a POI B-Squad spinoff someday where McPoyle is the new Finch and Shaw is the new Reese, but I couldn't care less about the rest of them.

Actually, let's just go with the Shooty Adventures of Shaw 'n' Bear.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Concur with what sounds like the consensus opinion: the season held together as well as it could given the constraints, and the finale was very satisfying - glad they had the opportunity to stick the landing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I feel like they did a good job bringing things to a close. Starts on John's "person that connects you to the world" monologue, ends on the Machine's "if you can hear this". Starts with John about to throw himself off of a bridge because he couldn't save someone he loved, ends with him sacrificing himself to literally save the world like he always wanted.

And the work continues with Shaw having a new purpose. And Bear!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A good finale.

Even though the machine didn't say it, I'll just assume she won because of the code Root added and not because of her burning computer spirit that allowed her to prevail over Samaritan.

gently caress you though Finch, you should have died along with John. You don't deserve your happy ending. Show just glossing over all the damage you did with your ice9 virus.

Samaritan did nothing wrong :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just started rewatching the whole thing on Netflix. I am going to miss this show a lot.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I was about to post that or something to that effect too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

He's certainly going to have a lot of explaining to do for Grace :v:

• Locked thread