Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Nasgate posted:

Just for future reference, i assume i can take Omega on with Red Mage/Black Mage/Bard so far? Just pause him forever and constantly reflect thunder rod thundagas?
But short of getting Chemist, no shinryu?

Im on mobile if that effects bard too, like it did with beastmaster calm.

With Bard you can do the zombie/reflect ring kill. Put reflect rings on all your characters except your Bard. Get everyone but the Bard zombied. As soon as the fight starts !Hide on the bard. Shinryu will kill itself with Atomic Rays reflected off your zombied party eventually (it takes like half an hour though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Finally, after hours of frustration and grinding, the TIM/BER/SER/KER run is over. Dr. Tot and the Catgirls are coming home.
Captured the legendary Quadruple Crown: Omega, Shinryu, NED... and learning that quickleaking 1st Exdeath bypasses NED entirely.

In total, had to quickleak Omniscient, Azulmagia, Omega, Shinryu, Almagest!NED and GrandCross!NED. If you were watching my stream, my sincerest apologies.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Well gently caress me. I've played this game so many drat times and I never knew the shop changed in Karnak after the castle explodes. I just never noticed that third guy in the weapon/armor shop that sells a spear, ninja sword, whip, and bell.

I rolled Dragoon for my fire job and since Im using the Fiesta Mod, that was helpful information to find.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NBHS posted:

and learning that quickleaking 1st Exdeath bypasses NED entirely.

Seriously? Holy loving lol.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone in the Fiesta ever do the bonus dungeon at all?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Rirse posted:

Do you know how many Omegas there are there walking around like they're trash mobs?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Rirse posted:

There was somebody who did it a couple years back. It's pretty rare just because it requires a very specific set of jobs and the patience to deal with the bonus dungeon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I think I messed up. I went to the pyramid in world 1 before I really meant to go there. Can I get out of there? I tried to get out but everything seemed to keep pushing me forward.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Alxprit posted:

This is the harder one, right?

Must have taken me like 15-20 effective tries considering how much I screwed up the Calm timing. I didn't know where to find an Axe better than the Death Sickle, which was just reflecting Deaths off of his body, so the Berserker sat this one out.

What level did you need to be to land Calm? I am playing on Steam and haven't been able to land it at all. I was level 48 at the time. In fact, I can't hit him with anything at all.

Got White, Mystic, Beastmaster, and Samuri if anyone know the best way for the Steam version.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

DevNull posted:

What level did you need to be to land Calm? I am playing on Steam and haven't been able to land it at all. I was level 48 at the time. In fact, I can't hit him with anything at all.

Got White, Mystic, Beastmaster, and Samuri if anyone know the best way for the Steam version.

!Calm is bugged in GBA, so that instead of only working on magic beasts, it works on everything but magic beasts. Said bug was fixed for Steam/Mobile.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

DevNull posted:

Steam version fixed Calm so it correctly only works on magical beasts. So, not gonna work on Omega.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DevNull posted:

Ios/droid/steam version fixed the bug that let you use calm on Omega.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
i beat sandworm with four berserkers

i didn't keep track but it took me at least 6 hours on/off.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Run #4 off to a roaring start! :v:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Update on my slow and steady run. I got cocky with blue magic. Sandworm went down in a single aqua breath.

Then I should have noticed the ramp. To defeat Soul Cannon (and its 4 henchguns) my main strategy was to just chuck lightening scrolls at them.

I forgot how the game suddenly takes the gloves off for Ronka. drat, this was much less a problem when I leveled obscenely...

Question: is it worth it to indulge my blue magic completion obsession and track down Ghidra for Level 4 Graviga? Does it really give me an advantage so early?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Choco1980 posted:

Question: is it worth it to indulge my blue magic completion obsession and track down Ghidra for Level 4 Graviga? Does it really give me an advantage so early?

I usually do if I have a Blue Mage, but it's not something you really get a huge advantage from having.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Detheros posted:

Run #4 off to a roaring start! :v:

Maybe you'll get Dragoon/Monk! You know, for fun!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Classtoise posted:

Maybe you'll get Dragoon/Monk! You know, for fun!

I got Time Mage, so the run's over/imminent triple crown. :v:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
If I have one complaint about this game it's that I hate not being able to see my max HP at all times in battle, so I started messing around with LUA scripting.

They could've fit it :argh:

Pressing select switches to show MP instead. I need to make it so it stops drawing it when you have a menu open still before it's worth releasing.

If I can I'd like to add something for listing statuses on characters as well so I can stop forgetting who has both shell + protect on them.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Archenteron posted:

If you have two or more shield using classes, consider toughing out the rug wizard fight to gain access to Istory Falls for the second Aegis. Titan Axe wouldn't be bad either if you're double zerkers

That's Ominscent right? Hates gaia. Will reset at the drop of a hat.

I don't want to grind this poo poo out so is it possible to silence him via Galajelly and just have the whip zerks handle him?

Also should I job fair a second Beastmaster in to take down Omega or is it still impossible to do with this team?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Knight/Mystic/Dragoon/White Mage is just too good a team. Knight + Mage means I could chump ol' Shinryu too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Golden Goat posted:

That's Ominscent right? Hates gaia. Will reset at the drop of a hat.

I don't want to grind this poo poo out so is it possible to silence him via Galajelly and just have the whip zerks handle him?

Also should I job fair a second Beastmaster in to take down Omega or is it still impossible to do with this team?

Silence wears off. It does so particularly quickly against heavy enemies like Rugwizard. A better option would be to berserk him via reflected Mammon and just sandbag with Phoenix Downs and the Mirage Vest refresh bug, assuming you aren't playing on iOS/Steam.

Also, a single !Calm won't keep Omega locked down. It's possible, in the same way getting hit by a speeding semi truck and surviving is possible, but you're gonna have a real, real bad time. If you want a triplecrown, you'd want at least two controllable characters, preferably three if you want to be absolutely safe. That said, axes ignore defense and I'm pretty sure !Calm removes evasion, so enough characters + a berserker should be able to keep Omega locked down and do damage to it, the latter of which is the biggest hurdle to the fight with most Fiesta teams.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 22, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Good thing I have two Mammon's from Moore on the berserkers.

I'll consider job fairing one of the zerks but at least after I do some of this pre-setup stuff.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Silence wears off. It does so particularly quickly against heavy enemies like Rugwizard. A better option would be to berserk him via reflected Mammon and just sandbag with Phoenix Downs and the Mirage Vest refresh bug, assuming you aren't playing on iOS/Steam.

Also, a single !Calm won't keep Omega locked down. It's possible, in the same way getting hit by a speeding semi truck and surviving is possible, but you're gonna have a real, real bad time. If you want a triplecrown, you'd want at least two controllable characters, preferably three if you want to be absolutely safe. That said, axes ignore defense and I'm pretty sure !Calm removes evasion, so enough characters + a berserker should be able to keep Omega locked down and do damage to it, the latter of which is the biggest hurdle to the fight with most Fiesta teams.

Axes don't quite ignore defense, but they will bring Omega's from a ridiculous 190 to a still rather high 47. Still enough left that you'll get some 0 damage hits even with the very best axes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alxprit posted:

Do you know how many Omegas there are there walking around like they're trash mobs?

And did you know their leader, Omega Mk 2, frequently changes elemental weaknesses?

There's all sorts of "fun" stuff in the Sealed Temple. Like Neo Shinryu, the Omegas, even Enuo himself stops by to say hello. On top of THAT, you also have Cloister of the Dead, which is a boss rush bonanza of most bosses.

And if you survive, you'll get a dinky little medal for your efforts.

But back to Fiesta talk, I finally got Comet. So the amount of rods I should break... Will more or less be the same due to Comet being unreliable at times if I'm not mistaken. But it's there at least.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Yeah, Comet's not a huge spell, but it's got some important properties that can help out at the right time. It's cheap, defense-ignoring, and not reflectable. At the very least it's a decent alternative to random battles when you first get it, if you're not just running from everything to power up your future Chicken Knife. And since rods can only target all enemies, Comet's also nice to have around if you're trying to avoid attacking a specific target. In short, it's situational, which is not quite the same as useless.

Anyway, I'm stuck at Drakenvale for a bit, farming Dragon Fangs for my Chemist. Given that the rest of my team is Dragoon/Monk/Dancer, the going is a little slow in killing those zombies, but it's a decent enough team. And Chemist themselves can help out by dropping a Hi-Potion+ (two Hi-Potions Mixed together) for an automatic 1800 damage, a solid chunk of their 4500 HP.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 22, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bufuman posted:

Yeah, Comet's not a huge spell, but it's got some important properties that can help out at the right time. It's cheap, defense-ignoring, and not reflectable. At the very least it's a decent alternative to random battles when you first get it, if you're not just running from everything to power up your future Chicken Knife. And since rods can only target all enemies, Comet's also nice to have around if you're trying to avoid attacking a specific target. In short, it's situational, which is not quite the same as useless.

It's not defense ignoring. Sometimes it rolls enough base damage that it might seem like it, but it could also roll as bad as an unboosted -ra spell.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Dear Krile, I'll talk to you in an hour after I poke a bunch of statues with needles so we all can wear cute ribbons.

Between bard and dancer my party is fast.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

dis astranagant posted:

It's not defense ignoring. Sometimes it rolls enough base damage that it might seem like it, but it could also roll as bad as an unboosted -ra spell.

*checks the algorithms FAQ*

Huh, you're right. I thought it dealt damage at a set range with no regard for defense. Well, it's still an alright spell since not a lot of enemies have too much magic defense.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

But yeah the only magic defense ignoring effects you're likely to get your greasy dick beaters are bio and flare. There's a couple others but they just aren't that useful (mind blast and shadow flare)

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Replace Dragoon with Samurai, and you have a strong contender for best No 750 team.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Replace Dragoon with Samurai, and you have a strong contender for best No 750 team.

Yeah, such a group would most certainly be top of the No750 class, given the competition (or lack thereof) at Wind, Water, and Earth. Though Ninja and Ranger are at least acceptable Fire substitutes given how they can pass Dual-Wield and Rapid-Fire around. Obviously not as brokenly-useful as Beastmaster's catch and release system, but still solid additions to the team.

Maybe a Chaos No750 team of MK/Ninja/Beastmaster/Ranger could be a thing. Now THAT would be a crazy-rear end team.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

A quick question about the Chaos rules. My team is Dragoon/Black Mage/Dancer/Chemist. Until I reach the Earth Crystal, am I supposed to play with four Black Mages or one Black Mage and three Freelancers?

Bufuman posted:

Maybe a Chaos No750 team of MK/Ninja/Beastmaster/Ranger could be a thing. Now THAT would be a crazy-rear end team.

It would be pretty insane, but in that constellation, I think I'd rather have a Knight than a Beastmaster. Two-Handed and Equip Swords would be of great benefit to the other classes, and you don't really need Catch when you can murder everything with impunity.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Knight over Beastmaster would lose your free Omega kill though.

And yes, four Black Mages until Earth Crystal.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Holy poo poo Gilgabot, Black Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Chemist. :stwoon:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Knight over Beastmaster would lose your free Omega kill though.

True, but I think a team with Mystic Knight and Ranger can just brute force Omega.

Kyrosiris posted:

And yes, four Black Mages until Earth Crystal.

Thanks. That sounds surprisingly easy, actually.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Finally finished my opening Samurai/Berserker/Beastmaster/Samurai run:

Hella late Dr. Tot, but he is remembered nonetheless!

Run 2, random 750: Blue/Red/Bard/Time. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

Thanks. That sounds surprisingly easy, actually.

Until Archeoavis anyways. :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Four Knight Fiesta update: I forgot about Byblos, who was a real piece of poo poo. Ultimately I got fairly lucky and beat him with only a few Elixirs spent. Nothing else has been difficult and my next task is to head into Meatfort. I'm a bit overleveled since I had to grind for four Reflect Rings, but I imagine that feeling of "overleveled" will fade when I get to Exdeath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ultrafilter posted:

I usually do if I have a Blue Mage, but it's not something you really get a huge advantage from having.

Sigh, fine. is there a specific room in the ruins this Astro Monster likes to hang out most.

• Locked thread