Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure the choice is gonna be forced on Allison here. The thorn angel will show up and the ensuing fight will result in the destruction of the murder tree. Who knows how Mottom will react though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

Solomon David is the sanest you get out of this group, and he's an utterly brutal tyrant who meets any form of dissent with complete decimation.

Solomon David is too sane.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So, if I'm understanding the magic system right, the best way to avoid getting PERISH-ed by somebody using the Red-White Art is to believe in yourself, that is to say the concept of yourself, super loving hard?

Also I sincerely hope another big-rear end melee like the one in the last chapter happens in the tree room, where a dozen angry badasses duke it out while simultaneously trying to capture or kill Allison with White Chain defending her while Mottom is distracted by 6 Juggernaut Star.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

SunAndSpring posted:

Also I sincerely hope another big-rear end melee like the one in the last chapter happens in the tree room, where a dozen angry badasses duke it out while simultaneously trying to capture or kill Allison with White Chain defending her while Mottom is distracted by 6 Juggernaut Star.

With people gulping down murdertreefruit as if they were senzu beans.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

So, if I'm understanding the magic system right, the best way to avoid getting PERISH-ed by somebody using the Red-White Art is to believe in yourself, that is to say the concept of yourself, super loving hard?

Soon to be 7* Juggernaut Star.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Thinking about it, I guess Mottom is going to age again and she'll withdraw the offer to give it all up to Allison.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Thyrork posted:

Thinking about it, I guess Mottom is going to age again and she'll withdraw the offer to give it all up to Allison.

She first mentions the offer as old Mottom so that would not make much sense.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I think it's more youthful vigor than a complete about face of plans and feelings.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Even Old Mottom sees Ultimate Power as a burden she's not willing to carry.

Even SpeedwagonOld Mottom is afraid of her rivals. There's a facade she has to keep up for the other Six as well as her Court.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

For what it's worth I also think that when read all at once Mottom's characterization is pretty consistent across all of her ages. We just previously didn't always have the context to interpret her comments which seemed more threatening at the time. I'm not really sure I buy that her personality is changing here.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Update

That probably hasn't happened to Mottom in a very long time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yesssssssss

i have no idea where this goes from here but that was satisfying

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Woooo.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Allison has no idea what she's doing, but goddamn she is going to try and do something. I can't wait.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Allison sees a tree and decides to make some firewood.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I just had a realization. Names are powerful in K6BD, right? And Allison won a contest and named a demon while using the fake name Magister Usagi, right? ...does that mean it's not fake any more?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I expect even with the magical bullshit in her head, Allison is still a lot weaker than Mottom. I hope Mottom doesn't go all crazy on her for daring to strike her.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I expect even with the magical bullshit in her head, Allison is still a lot weaker than Mottom. I hope Mottom doesn't go all crazy on her for daring to strike her.

I'm not sure if Mottom is mad so much as shocked. Whether she gets mad I think depends on what Allison does next. If Allison keeps pushing forward fast enough, she might be able to drag Mottom along with her.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Oh man Allison bout to gently caress up that tree :haw:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Look at how bad her form is. Alison didn't even put her hips into that, and ol' Glory still went down like a sack of rocks.

Edit: I also love the last panel. It looks like everyone, even the dead girl hanging upside down, is staring at Alison.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Great, now Mots is gonna have to kill all those attendants.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just had a realization. Names are powerful in K6BD, right? And Allison won a contest and named a demon while using the fake name Magister Usagi, right? ...does that mean it's not fake any more?

Some names are powerful for some people, but we don't know for sure that all names arw powerful for all people.

Plus Allison's IMPORTANT name isn't Allison, so Usagi being on equal footing isn't going to hold anything to Kill Six Billion Demons.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

reignonyourparade posted:

Some names are powerful for some people, but we don't know for sure that all names arw powerful for all people.

Plus Allison's IMPORTANT name isn't Allison, so Usagi being on equal footing isn't going to hold anything to Kill Six Billion Demons.

I hope that teeny blue devil comes back at some point.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reene posted:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That little "you hit me" would make an excellent avatar.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Reene posted:

I think you'll notice that's already the most hosed up of trees

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SexyBlindfold posted:

I think you'll notice that's already the most hosed up of trees

When is a tree not a tree?

When it is aflame!

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

theshim posted:

That little "you hit me" would make an excellent avatar.

That one panel was what finally made me feel a little bad for Mottom. She's just so... broken by this. Shards, held together by glitter glue and silver wire and terror.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Yo so who wants to bet that it was actually Mottom who turned Hastet into a tree, subliminally like, because she was already hosed up in the head even then, and she really has no idea

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Renaissance Robot posted:

because she was already hosed up in the head even then, and she really has no idea

The child bride of a vicious god-king, who was killing his other brides and eating their eyes daily? Surely you jest!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yo so who wants to bet that it was actually Mottom who turned Hastet into a tree, subliminally like, because she was already hosed up in the head even then, and she really has no idea

I think it's really obvious that mottom turned him into a tree. Didn't think it was a secret.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Allison is channeling Aesma super hard here.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

wiegieman posted:

The child bride of a vicious god-king, who was killing his other brides and eating their eyes daily? Surely you jest!

Wait what? Am I so bad a reader that I missed him eating their eyes?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

whowhatwhere posted:

Wait what? Am I so bad a reader that I missed him eating their eyes?

Yes but no. It isn't specified that he ate their eyes, but Om talks about how his tastes grew more and more deviant and evil while at the same time the panel showed a bunch of statues of women with gruesome scars and eyeballs missing.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh, I figured he "just" tortured them, not ate their eyes.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Does anyone feel like maybe the master key is affecting Allison mentally? That third panel seems odd.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the key isn't affecting allison's behavior so much as allison's behavior is affecting the key imo

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
No, I just think in seeing Mottom's misery and self-hatred, Allison has had an moment of revelation and the sparks of the key is her resolve hardening as to what comes next.

She is affecting it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I look forward to the story of the time Aesma's dog gnawed on the Wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
abbadon posted a sneak peek of what allison's look for the next chapter is going to be, and also, a far future look

i think she might reach heaven through violence, guys