Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also if MMT were town I truly think she would be considering and concerned about Max rather than tunneling on me without reading him at all. Although I guess you could accuse me of doing that, but I have been asking questions of people and trying to gauge reactions, whereas all she's done is visually name dropped suspicion and then cased me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

If it's not you, then it has to be Max.

But I'm fairly certain it is you.

##vote MMT

Can you explain the thought process that you go through when you ponder which of me or Max is scummier?

Quidnose posted:

Also if MMT were town I truly think she would be considering and concerned about Max rather than tunneling on me without reading him at all. Although I guess you could accuse me of doing that, but I have been asking questions of people and trying to gauge reactions, whereas all she's done is visually name dropped suspicion and then cased me.

I've read Max, it's just that nothing jumped out to me that felt specifically scummy.

Murmur List:
---
probably scum
Quid - I think his d1 suspicion of AA was a bus; I think his d2 motive was moving the vote off of AA; I think his pushing me without making an in-thread attempt to rationalize why I (and Max) are scum doesn't feel natural.

neutral-leaning town
Max - gained a lot of cred leading the charge against AA on D2
Adahn - I don't see him as the type to come up with "I think Murmur softclaimed FG and I changed my play" as scum

almost definitely town
Dongs - claimed to be FernGully the fairy

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Again, I don't have a lot of incentive to do rereading and poo poo now

To anyone who has played with a town Quid, does this sound like something he'd say this late into the game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean you are basically doing the same thing by....not rereading Max and just saying "Quid is scum." Why is it scummy when I look at the math and go "I think we got this" but when you do it it's fine :confused:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I mean you are basically doing the same thing by....not rereading Max and just saying "Quid is scum."

You keep saying I'm not re-reading Max and I keep telling you I've re-read Max and don't think he's scum.

Max posted:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You usually give pretty good reasons for your suspicions.

I woke up this morning thinking "it'll probably be AA today" but in the last few hours there has been a lot of momentum off of them out of nowhere. That's strange to me and now I really want to know their alignment.

---

Not pushing, just ignoring. I feel like people ignored that post they just made, aside from me. Your only response to it was to call my response weird. MMT pushed a case on you for casing AA yesterday. I feel like the harder it is to get people to look at someone, the more likely it is that they are scum.

---

You've admitted that this is a slow day 1, so not having lots of posts about Moat before the white-knighting campaign begins in earnest doesn't make sense. Plus, we don't really know moats alignment, so I don't know how to read his defense. I agreed with inf's case the first time he brought it up, and still agree with it now, but Adahn has at least been consistent with his opinions. You have not.

You are correct, you were the first to seriously push Adahn.

HOWEVER: The speed at which you jumped on Moat without another mention of AA is weird and you've rightly been called out on it. So why Moat and not AA (second time I've asked this)

Like, why have you backed off on that case? I thought it was pretty good, but the way you've been jumping on so many other people as we reach deadline reads like you were busing him but realized that you were doing too good a job at it and now need to hit the breaks.

MMT did something similar when you cased AA. AA has a lot of connections and people have still ignored their most recent post, which just looks way over constructed and passive for it to have come from a town mindset.

So putting my money where my mouth is: ##vote AA

I just don't believe a scum Max would have kept pushing for AA, it would have been far easier for scum to have tried to push for me or Adahn since we were going back and forth. Also, that's what I'm accusing Quid of doing, and it's clear that Max noticed it as well.

Quidnose posted:

Why is it scummy when I look at the math and go "I think we got this" but when you do it it's fine :confused:

If you were town, I would expect you to have a strong scum read on someone / do everything in your power to find every possible scummy thing they've done in an attempt to convince the rest of the town. In other words, I think you tend to exude a more confident tone than this (kind of similar to when you cased LD) when you make cases. This game, you're saying things like "I don't have a lot of incentive to do rereading and poo poo now" and "I'm just confident it's MMT because as you said her casing on me reads real fake" instead of piling up a gigantic case on me.

I agree with you regarding the fact that according to the math, we can almost definitely afford a mislynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMT, if I am scum, why didn't I go hard at Adahn on D2 after Moat's miscuddle?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote I want to hear from Max tomorrow on things

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi it's me, I have just gotten into the office and am reading through the stuff from last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, I'm doing this in between a few different assignments at work.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ok quid ilkes mmt mmt likes quid max tell me what u think when ur done drawing stick figures

With Dongs being the fairy this does change a few things. I moved off MMT early this game day after we all thought they were Fernie the Gully. Now that's obviously no longer the case, and my point about dongs earlier is moot.

Day 1 is the place where we saw the most divisions and swings in terms of who we thought was scum. MMT and Quid came out the hardest saying AA was likely town, or at least not the scummiest player in the game.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not policing this for grammar or whatever, I'm saying that the phrasing Quid used there betrays the fact that he's fabricating a read on AA.

Murmur Twin posted:

Just so it's clear - yesterday was my first day on a new job and it was my turn to cook dinner for the house. Sometimes real life is a thing!

Right now my quick opinions are that Quid, Max, Moat* are scummiest and that I find the push on AA to be far more suspicious than AA himself.

* (I'd really like to see an actual case on me to get a better sense of Moat's alignment)

This obviously looks like an attempt to throw suspicion off of AA and onto some other town.

The moat vote . . . is messy, and worth returning to. I'm still twigged by AA refusing to hammer Adahn near the end of Day 1. But Adahn has been extremely, I'm gonna say bold, in his play this game and I agree that their pulling off of MMT after seeing what they thought was a softclaim paints them as town.

As I'm writing this I have to run off and drop something off in another office, so I'll be back to post more specifically about what was said last night. But for now, in my mind, it's likely MMT for final scum . . . Adahn as an edge case but that might just be my bias showing.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, I haven't seen anything particularly scummy from you, Max. I focused on you by process of elimination. Knowing now that dongs, and not MMT is ferngully, you're a distant second choice for scum by necessity.

Both you and Quid are careful players and everyone has had a say, so I'm comfortable with ##vote MMT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote MMT

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
GODDAMMIT ABSURD WHERE THE FLIP

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Murmur Twin!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or, OK, just quick hammer I guess.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
blah blah blah woods blah blah blah bad blah blah blah y'all hosed up

Murmur Twin, Town Aligned Tree, has been STUMPED

Night 4 Begins Now, you have 24 hours. The thread will not close tonight. Posting is allowed.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 22, 2016

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hurm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Huh.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: I speak for the trees, and they say you all hosed up on that one :ghost:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Balls

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

:ghost: I speak for the trees, and they say you all hosed up on that one :ghost:

Basically.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, from my perspective, the last scum is either quid or Max. Which is terrifying.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We have an open night, so I'll openly suggest that dongs withhold his night action as long as possible to give us as much useful info in case someone gets torched.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, from my perspective, the last scum is either quid or Max. Which is terrifying.

Basically it's

Imagine Dongs off to the side, possibly alive or dead depending on if they were primed the night before or not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

We have an open night, so I'll openly suggest that dongs withhold his night action as long as possible to give us as much useful info in case someone gets torched.

This is fine, but if scum aren't priming dongs tonight, assuming that didn't already happen, then they deserve to lose.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

This is fine, but if scum aren't priming dongs tonight, assuming that didn't already happen, then they deserve to lose.

I was thinking along the same lines. Dongs saved someone yesterday or he did not. Regardless we lynch scum tomorrow or we lose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

I was thinking along the same lines. Dongs saved someone yesterday or he did not. Regardless we lynch scum tomorrow or we lose.

Yah.

I'm monitoring the thread right now, but I'm also editing audio for a biology teacher. Let me tell you all about RNA and plasmids.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lol I have a PhD in Molecular Bio so I could talk about them allllll day.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

There will be no NK tonight unless scum decide they want to Kingmaker dongs.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Which I guess is possible but I don't see it happening

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I clearly have no bead on this game, was sure twice in a row now it was going to be over :/

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Lol I have a PhD in Molecular Bio so I could talk about them allllll day.

Its for a CD supplement for a textbook. It's very dry, as you would imagine, and it's making my brain just kind of turn off as I edit this audio track.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell :ghost:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Its for a CD supplement for a textbook. It's very dry, as you would imagine, and it's making my brain just kind of turn off as I edit this audio track.

That doesn't sound like fun. I like to explain things to people because it's interesting, but I enjoy regurgitating facts as much as I enjoy regurgitating oatmeal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She's currently talking about R100, and mercury resistance.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I know veeeery little about heavy metal toxicity. Presumably it displaces other metal ions as cofactors in proteins and renders them nonfunctional.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what the

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

what the gently caress

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i hope i die tonight so im not responsible for this madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dongs plz no don't leave me alone with these...these monsters.

• Locked thread