Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Caitlin posted:

I liked this thread a lot more when it was all spoiler discussion and crazy theorycrafting. I think I'll be back once the game is out so we have something to talk about besides bickering about which game we liked better.

I don't think discussing your opinions about two games counts as bickering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dmboogie posted:

I don't think discussing your opinions about two games counts as bickering.

Lol yeah. I don't care if you think VLR is better and I still like it a lot, I wasn't trying to poo poo on it or anything

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

the thread will be empty when the game comes out...

I will post in it

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

VLR kinda felt dour to me after 999, because 999 went nuts with psychic powers and altering the timeline and mummies and the looming apocalyptic threat of moody water molecules.

Then VLR came around and oh boy I'm so excited to see what bizarre supernatural things happen next and then the game is like "we have both technology AND diseases!" and I don't know where the wind has gone, but it certainly isn't in my sails anymore.

They even retconned the mummy away! Someone actually decided that the mummy had to go, because mummies are either less interesting than diseases or less plausible than psychic time travel!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

at any rate i have high hopes ztd will be the best in the series

some random dude saying it's uchikoshi's craziest ending yet way back fuels my faith

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Caitlin posted:

I liked this thread a lot more when it was all spoiler discussion and crazy theorycrafting. I think I'll be back once the game is out so we have something to talk about besides bickering about which game we liked better.

I don't even remember the thread doing this this much, why is discussing what game you liked more an issue, lol.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Nate RFB posted:

I guess I I like the art/story in 999 more, but the flowchart really is so much of a game changer to me that I still like VLR better. Also VLR's endgame had me overall more engrossed than 999's, I was really chomping at the bit to get through those last couple of puzzles to get on with the plot.

With the music, it's the opposite for me in that I can't really remember much of 999's soundtrack but definitely can recall a few great ones in VLR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yVqJA3u4Y

Good job picking out my two favorite tracks from VLR, you two. :v:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Part of what made VLR really great for me was how much I connected with Luna, so I hope the new game offers something like that

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
From 999, I really liked Ternary Game just for that guitar.

I even enjoyed its "spiritual successor" remix from VLR, Recreation.

We've already heard a track or two of ZTD from the trailers, but I'm hoping there are ones in the game that will make me put them in my playlist for long-night study times, like the previous games.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wonder if any of these will be correct...

or "Zero = Blick Winkel" maybe? My theory is that Zero = Brother, whoever brother really is. Right now (like before) Zero's appearance is gender neutral, so it could be Zero = Brother = Clover.

There's also theories that Snake = Zero.

Interesting thing to point out as well, is Akane is also wearing the same robes as Snake in another scene. (either from VLR or 999, I can't remember)

There were also some images of the vita game some reviewer has been leaking. Thankfully, most are not too spoilery (the most popular one, and perhaps most spoilery, is just the image of what happens after one of the steam screenshots. granted, it's kind of obvious what the outcome may be given the screenshot on steam itself.)

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 22, 2016

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

From what I've seen of this game, Team Q is the most interesting to me considering they're the only team composed of entirely new characters. My pet theory right now is at least one of them had to have switched consciousnesses with someone from the past two games. I'm interested in how they plan on making them (and Carlos, Diana's relevance is already implicit) important to the plot since going in I'm immediately suspicious of Akane/Junpei, and we already know what Phi and Sigma's deal is.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait to feel dumb and confused at all the big words thrown on me until someone smarter comes in and tells me how dumb and stupid everything in the game is and I'm gonna enjoy every last bit of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpBSrfh0nY&t=70s

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
This game! I really want to play it, but the VLR LP has yet to conclude... Dilemmas.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blattdorf posted:

This game! I really want to play it, but the VLR LP has yet to conclude... Dilemmas.

Buy VLR and play it right the gently caress now

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Junpei Hyde posted:

Buy VLR and play it right the gently caress now

I'm not buying a console just to play this one game. I might just play the third game regardless.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

I'm not buying a console just to play this one game. I might just play the third game regardless.

You will have no idea what's going on. The story is the whole point of these games! You need to finish VLR.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You could quickly finish up with supergreatfriend's youtube playthrough.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

IMO you should buy a 3DS because it is a cool system for cool people, friend. :)

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Terper posted:

You could quickly finish up with supergreatfriend's youtube playthrough.

I might just do that, thanks!

As much as it'd be neat to have a 3DS, I'm not sure I'd use it that much.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Blattdorf posted:

You can do what I did and get a Playstation TV for 40 bux. Being able to play Persona 4 Golden is pretty sweet too!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The guy who caused a whole lot of drama on the Silent Hill Wiki with circumcision theories is back at it again on the ZE Wiki. His hill is that Clover is mentally ill because it's not logical to do murders. Voidburger's talking about it on Twitter and it's lovely.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't care about any of those people

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'd just read what happens depending on how far you're into VLR. The ending is by and large the worst part of that game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The ending of VLR is cool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

The ending of VLR is cool.

It deserves to be experienced

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's basically an Empire Strikes Back ending, I was perfectly OK with it/pumped in general when it went down. The problem was when it became obvious that a sequel wasn't going to come any time soon.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The ending is kind of cool now that a sequel exists, previously all it did was make people sad.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nate RFB posted:

It's basically an Empire Strikes Back ending, I was perfectly OK with it/pumped in general when it went down. The problem was when it became obvious that a sequel wasn't going to come any time soon.

year199X posted:

The ending is kind of cool now that a sequel exists, previously all it did was make people sad.

These are both my exact feelings on VLR's ending

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'd just read what happens depending on how far you're into VLR. The ending is by and large the worst part of that game.

:siren: :getout: :siren:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

psychoJ posted:

You can do what I did and get a Playstation TV for 40 bux. Being able to play Persona 4 Golden is pretty sweet too!

That is also what I did, after playing through 999's story on iOS.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sorry you can't handle my objectively right opinion :smuggo:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
The ending of VLR was so long and so many things happened that I honestly don't even remember if I thought it was bad or good, it was just an overload for me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It was a good ending with the sequel in sight.
It was not as good of an ending when it was the last game in the series.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nah it was still a good ending without ZTD coming.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

I think a person's opinion on VLR (and its ending) hinges on how much they enjoy hearing Akane talk :v:

Extra Tasty fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 22, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Junpei: 10/10 GOTY

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Raxivace posted:

Nah it was still a good ending without ZTD coming.

I didn't say bad! Just less good than knowing potential closure was coming.
I still like it more than 999. I remember most of what happened in VLR and almost nothing about 999.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Extra Tasty posted:

I think a person's opinion on VLR (and its ending) hinges on how much they enjoy hearing Akane talk :v:

I just don't like bad twists that make no sense and 30 minute conversations about bikers.

mikeycp posted:

I didn't say bad! Just less good than knowing potential closure was coming.
I still like it more than 999. I remember most of what happened in VLR and almost nothing about 999.

How can you forget Final Boss Sudoku™

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

999's ending twists were better for me, if only because less suspension of disbelief is required for me to believe I was controlling Akane all along than what it takes for me to buy that Sigma was actually an old man with a missing eye. I still like VLR'a ending for the sheer what the gently caress factor though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
So I've been out of the loop for a while, mostly to avoid spoilers, and I have some questions that don't seem to be in the OP:

Is only the US getting physical releases of ZTD? My local amazon only has sketchy "this product may or may not exist" pages for it.

Do we know anything yet about how each platform's versions will differ, or will we have to wait and see? Will they all have the same VO options, for example?

• Locked thread