Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You fucks say a lot of words. To answer Jedit's question, you would try to lynch gulag so that 1) you buy yourself more time so something could happen that takes the heat off you or just to get your PR off one more time tonight and 2) Gulag is hard to lynch. Like that's his secret ability. Of course if he's town you would want to lynch him so you could focus on murdering confirmed town folks

I'm not moving my pretend vote off Jedit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Anti-town is a buzzword scum use to get townies lynched for being lovely mafia players

lol ok.

Yeah, I'm glad you're tight with imgay, but what he did was lovely and doubling down on it instead of letting up is scummy as cow balls.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm most suspicious of Li Dawny, AR and GulagDolls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol ok.

Yeah, I'm glad you're tight with imgay, but what he did was lovely and doubling down on it instead of letting up is scummy as cow balls.

It has nothing to do with any of that, I am simply pointing out that imgay trolling this game is as likely or more likely than him as scum just tossing out fake investigations to get people lynched.

I'm fine with lynching him, but not until after Jedit and LiDawny are lynched

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Actually scratch that... I think I've found some breadcrumbs that change things....

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

You were voting LiDawny. The dude claimed Vanilla town. What possible bread crumb could you have found to change your vote? You are so fake

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

You were voting LiDawny. The dude claimed Vanilla town. What possible bread crumb could you have found to change your vote? You are so fake

It's not Li Dawny's breadcrumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Also not at all fake, let me out of your jowls man. Just because I think your buddy is scum is no reason to tunnel for bad reasons.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Jedit posted:

Dawny, I'm not being "super defensive". I've been investigated as scum in a game with an uncountered Miller claim. If you can think of a more appropriate time for hard defence, please tell me.

Now, consider Gulag. I can appreciate people wanting to vote me because I might be lying, but the way he's acting should prove I'm not. For a start, he's not voting me. If I'm lying, he should want me flipped because flipping me as scum would exonerate him. If we're both scum he wants me flipped because I've been caught and you'd be disinclined to believe my claim when I flipped. But flipping me as Town will convict him beyond any doubt, because as per the OP I cannot be an Insane Cop. He's not defending himself because he knows there is no defence. Instead he's made a lame fake claim and said he's not worried about being lynched today.

He's scum. I'm not going to stop being suspicious if he flips scum. So vote scum.

The death cop role prevents me from doing so.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

then why did you remove your vote on lidawny?

Also not at all fake, let me out of your jowls man. Just because I think your buddy is scum is no reason to tunnel for bad reasons.

If I am tunneled on anything it is Jedit, you are projecting because I am pointing out inconsistencies with your posting as a town player

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

or there is no reason to hammer before all cop results are out. except for death cop's.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:yeah:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Actually scratch that... I think I've found some breadcrumbs that change things....

. . .

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

The death cop role prevents me from doing so.

The gently caress is a death cop man. Spill it already.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

someone breadcrumbed that they would investigate li dawny and get a result of town on her, in the future.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol WHAT IS A DEATH COP, I already know you're a radical skull police. What does your role mean?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol WHAT IS A DEATH COP, I already know you're a radical skull police. What does your role mean?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I can see no possible reality where the breadcrumb thing makes any sense ghostman.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JakeP posted:

How is Jedit third on your list

I think jedit is the real miller.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

Why wouldn't he have claimed it day 1? Especially after the SSV miller claim? You don't find it super convenient that he waited until he was investigated to claim?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why do you think that.

why is he on your list at all then x_x

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why do you think that.

why is he on your list at all then x_x

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

Also this wording makes it look as if you believe there to only be one miller, in that case why isn't SSV on your list|?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

##vote JakeP until he explains, in detail with optional diagrams, how this works if there are any Godfathers or Millers in this game.

This game is not going to be solved on Day 1. Don't try to put an end to discussion by saying we should no lynch.

Post made before SSV claimed miller. Plurality on Godfathers or Millers.

Jedit posted:

Just running a few numbers to get the likelihood that somebody is a scum next to a non-Godfather scum, assuming three scum and one Godfather.

There are 455 possible combinations of scum not allowing for order. Of those, 162 will give a false Town ID 66% of the time (scum investigating the GF is moot) and a further 15 will always give one plus a 33% chance of a second. Overall it comes to a 26.8% chance of getting a false Town ID and a 1.1% chance of getting two. Not exactly the "incredibly low" odds that Paranoid Dude is citing.

I'm going to throw this out there as well: in addition to the scum having to have some way to hide, in a game like this there could well be multiple Millers. We cannot afford to mislynch two Townies to catch one scum.

Made this post suggesting multiple millers after the circle jerk gained traction.

----

HOWEVER these are still not the crumbs I'm talking about. The crumb I found is linked to a PR that I'm skeptical would even be in this setup, but I don't want to out the player who made it. I unvoted Li Dawny just so think without the pressure of being committed to that vote.

I think Li Dawny or Gulag are the votes for today and I don't think Jedit is scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let's murder Jedit since we will have to murder him at some point anyway and also he's scum and that will win us the game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that doesn't take away from the fact that there is no reason to not claim miller, as miller, d1, in this setup in particular.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JakeP posted:

like none of them care that jimsons claim came like 40 hours after the day started,

It was the first post he made after the day started. Jimson, where were you for two days?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Post made before SSV claimed miller. Plurality on Godfathers or Millers.

Made this post suggesting multiple millers after the circle jerk gained traction.

----

HOWEVER these are still not the crumbs I'm talking about. The crumb I found is linked to a PR that I'm skeptical would even be in this setup, but I don't want to out the player who made it. I unvoted Li Dawny just so think without the pressure of being committed to that vote.

I think Li Dawny or Gulag are the votes for today and I don't think Jedit is scum.

Its been established that Jedit had been positioning himself to claim miller in the event that he was investigated. Thats not a bread crumb, and doesn't make Jedit look better, if anything he looks worse. If you are going to type all that miller speculation you might as well just claim it, but he didn't because he said "millers get lynched for being millers" and he didn't want to be lynched, because he is scum

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

You fucks say a lot of words. To answer Jedit's question, you would try to lynch gulag so that 1) you buy yourself more time so something could happen that takes the heat off you or just to get your PR off one more time tonight and 2) Gulag is hard to lynch. Like that's his secret ability. Of course if he's town you would want to lynch him so you could focus on murdering confirmed town folks

I'm not moving my pretend vote off Jedit

Why do you think I investigated Gulag in the first place?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I won't vote anyone besides jedit until he is dead

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Gulag

This is the vote to make.

The gently caress is a death cop.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't think he even positioned himself to do so, I think he got caught and tried to make his setup spec his non existent breadcrumb

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

##vote Gulag

This is the vote to make.

The gently caress is a death cop.

NOPE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You know what, gently caress it, what are the odds there's a lightning rod in this game?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don't think he even positioned himself to do so, I think he got caught and tried to make his setup spec his non existent breadcrumb

It reads as if he was doing damage control ahead of time, like he made excuses for not claiming miller day 1 before he was investigated so that he could say he had an excuse to not claim miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jedit posted:

Why do you think I investigated Gulag in the first place?

I was inclined to investigate gulag too but my point still stands that you had reasons to get rid of town gulag as scum Jedit

• Locked thread