Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Didnt WB shortly after MKX release a practically unplayable Batman on Steam then pulled it to fix it then later just released it again completely unchanged?

You shouldnt buy WB pc games

Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max have both been fine. I know the Batman thing and is a shame since I own Arkham Asylum and City and they're both cool too. Seems that they just went crazy with Arkham Knight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Shadows of Mordor was a very good port. Too bad that game itself was mediocre.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

punk rebel ecks posted:

Shadows of Mordor was a very good port. Too bad that game itself was mediocre.

nice hot take

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Does anybody here play King of Fighters 2002 UM? I got the game but there isn't anyone who is online with less than 300 ping.

attackmole posted:

nice hot take

Thank you.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
ADEDIWKO All Day Every Day I Wanna Kill Orcs

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Quoting for new page

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

attackmole posted:

nice hot take

I'm disappointed that he didn't use the line for the Mad Max game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

I'm disappointed that he didn't use the line for the Mad Max game.

I didn't play the Mad Max game because gameplay videos looked boring.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
does anyone have any extra 98um keys from humble bundle please send!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

punk rebel ecks posted:

I didn't play the Mad Max game because gameplay videos looked boring.

It was fun, if you didn't get your fill of "territory sandbox takeover sim" games. I enjoyed it, anyway. It was the type of super faithful adaptation of another media where they make up a new story instead of replaying the original events of whatever it was. By playing it you can tell that a bunch of superfans who scoured IMDB for the smallest trivia and references and stuff made the game. A solid 7/10 at least.
E: Just remembered I still have this Max avatar. Man I own.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max have both been fine. I know the Batman thing and is a shame since I own Arkham Asylum and City and they're both cool too. Seems that they just went crazy with Arkham Knight :(

The PC versions of both Mad Max and Mordor were created by the main developers of the game from the get go (in teh case of Mordor teh PC version was the main one, and the console versions were ported from that), whereas all of the other recent WB PC releases were outsourced and underfunded. Iron Galaxy had Arkham Knight given to them 2 months prior to release, and High Voltage handled the PC version of MKX and I think also MKIX and the Arcade Kollection (maybe?!). Either way, the reason those PC ports were good was cause the developers handled them rather than having WB take charge.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Seeing Aris playing Soul Calibur 2 is reminding me how fun playing that game was. New Soul Calibur when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReyMDPxZg3s

*cue someone coming in and saying that the game is broken at high level or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SCII kicks rear end and I wish I still had my GameCube copy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I still have my Gamecube copy, and I'm even worse at it now than I was when it came out.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
*sheathes katana*
You'll be in hell before me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still have my Gamecube copy, and I'm even worse at it now than I was when it came out.

I was never good at it but it was a go-to multiplayer game when my friends and i weren't playing melee. Getting kills with the yoshimitsu harakiri was awesome

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I was never good at it but it was a go-to multiplayer game when my friends and i weren't playing melee. Getting kills with the yoshimitsu harakiri was awesome

:same:

But I specifically dug it out a few months ago after going to the trouble of learning some fighting game basics, thinking to myself "hey, I bet I can probably understand what I'm doing in SC2, now!" and it turns out that no, I can't.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

[quote="In Training" post="461336558"]

I started off kind of at an advantage coming from Tekken 3 straight into SC2 because Heihachi was a guest character, that was pretty cool.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-YzmeigJE

still looks better than sf5

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

some useful links for ya'll fighting gamers

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=SNK%20Playmore
notable sales~ kof98um/2k2um are 3 dollar each, kofxiii is 5 bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Arc%20System%20Works
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Arc%20System%20Works

arcana 3 is 15. mbaacc is 20. battle fantasia is 5 dollars. ggacpr is 7.50. many blazeblue games are on sale, but they all suck

http://store.steampowered.com/app/452420/
koihime enbu is 28 dollars. lol though

oh and if you're the type of person that enjoys SFV, http://store.steampowered.com/app/244730/

that last link was a joke, sorry... but seriously http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19277/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1 is probably more fun than SFV. serious

Zand fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 23, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I paid 10 bucks for 2002UM when I really wanted 98UM because the former was on sale and the latter was 20 bucks, and now I get to buy 98 for 3 bucks? Gaben is good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can buy 98 and 2002 and 20 other Snk games for 10 dollars in the humble bundle right now

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah but i don't want other games i want 98989898989898

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

In Training posted:

You can buy 98 and 2002 and 20 other Snk games for 10 dollars in the humble bundle right now

but arent hte other 20 games in-browser roms?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fighting games are yeah but I bought it for all the metal slug games. You can also just use those roms in fightcade I guess but I already have a full fightcade set

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zand I know you wanna link SFxT as a gag, but that game legit does not run on steam without finagling with it and I still don't know how to get it to work because the steam forums instructions did not help me for poo poo.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

You guys should really check out this game.

Very cheap so it's a no brainer.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Pleasantly surprised to see SFV on sale for ~$40. May pick up a copy for a friend.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
XRD for $20 seems alright while I wait for Revelator to come out on PC

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bhsman posted:

Pleasantly surprised to see SFV on sale for ~$40. May pick up a copy for a friend.

you sick bastard.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

he's not going to be friends with you anymore after that

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

You guys should really check out this game.

Very cheap so it's a no brainer.

as much as I love to poo poo on skullgirls its really genuinely worth 3 dollars and if you have people around your level to play with the 2-pack or 4-pack are legit good deals

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's pretty hard to find games that aren't worth three dollars. Aaaaannnnnnd that's why my steam library has a search button.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SG is worth a good 30 bucks easy.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dias posted:

SG is worth whatever the asking price easy.

Fixed.

attackmole posted:

It's pretty hard to find games that aren't worth three dollars. Aaaaannnnnnd that's why my steam library has a search button.

Buy i and play me on Steam.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Gonna add to the SG recommendations; for three bucks you're getting a good game with more Arcade mode content than SFV does currently. :v:

boxcarhobo posted:

you sick bastard.

interrodactyl posted:

he's not going to be friends with you anymore after that

Haha, maybe. He already plays my copy via the Steam share system, and it'd be nice to play him outside of offline sets for once.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Skullgirls is probably worth it at its current price. I laughed out loud at the first time I saw Squigly do that move where she knocks the opponent into a grave

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'll probably buy it for 3 bucks and never play it. I have a hard time being casual about learning fighting games.I have a hard enough time trying to learn characters other my main in Xrd, let alone learn whole new game systems. I know I should just shut up and play, but I get frustrated at not knowing how to do things real quick. Maybe it's just because I'm bad but I'm the kind of guy who takes hours to get BNB's down and just like, get a feel for what button does what and when I should be using it, and I get bored putting that kind of effort into a game that I know I won't be playing regularly.

I mean I've also only been playing fighting games for approximately 5 months so there's probably people in this thread who have learned to competently play more fighting games than years I've been alive.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

attackmole posted:

I'll probably buy it for 3 bucks and never play it. I have a hard time being casual about learning fighting games.I have a hard enough time trying to learn characters other my main in Xrd, let alone learn whole new game systems. I know I should just shut up and play, but I get frustrated at not knowing how to do things real quick. Maybe it's just because I'm bad but I'm the kind of guy who takes hours to get BNB's down and just like, get a feel for what button does what and when I should be using it, and I get bored putting that kind of effort into a game that I know I won't be playing regularly.

I mean I've also only been playing fighting games for approximately 5 months so there's probably people in this thread who have learned to competently play more fighting games than years I've been alive.

Add me on Steam.

And I'll show you the basics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

If anyone gets kof 98 um or 2k2 um off that humble bundle or the steam sale, I'm down to play.