Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
AR this was a very fun game!

Max posted:

Thank you AA! You planted a lot of seeds (heh) to help muddy everything up and I wouldn't have pulled this off without that good work.

:hfive:

The power of teamworkk~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The scumdoc is an extremely pro read and another example of why, as scum, you should always talk in the scumdoc when you can. It's fun to read afterwards, AND it helps keep your spirits up when you feel like the entire world is against you! (Because it is.)

Also kudos to town for being gracious losers in this game. :golfclap:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, seriously, the was one of the most positive experiences in terms of how everyone was treating each other that I've had recently. Thanks!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

What exactly is the point of playing a game if you're not willing to lose?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Also, hey Podema. Got any updates for that Shine two game you can share with us?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Holy crap I actually did successfully prime Quid on night 3.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
what the

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Really good game. I wasn't super into it the first couple of days, the lack of flips is really hard and I didn't have a good bead on it. AA did a perfect job in putting enough poo poo out there to make it too hard to re-read back, and Max, seriously: your LYLO play was perfect, you played me super hard. I should not have made my post about Adahn not engaging because it gave you the tools to fool me.

I'm not even mad that we lost because we really ran in circles and you fed it really well.

Everyone should not be busy if they're signing up for mafia games, though, because then it really is just a crapshoot. I am guilty of this as well for disappearing to a music festival for a weekend, and I know it's a party game on the internet, but when everyone has had periods of time where they're like "too busy to post my bad" it makes poo poo real hard.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Max posted:

Yeah, seriously, the was one of the most positive experiences in terms of how everyone was treating each other that I've had recently. Thanks!

f;uck you

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Really good game. I wasn't super into it the first couple of days, the lack of flips is really hard and I didn't have a good bead on it. AA did a perfect job in putting enough poo poo out there to make it too hard to re-read back, and Max, seriously: your LYLO play was perfect, you played me super hard. I should not have made my post about Adahn not engaging because it gave you the tools to fool me.

I'm not even mad that we lost because we really ran in circles and you fed it really well.

Everyone should not be busy if they're signing up for mafia games, though, because then it really is just a crapshoot. I am guilty of this as well for disappearing to a music festival for a weekend, and I know it's a party game on the internet, but when everyone has had periods of time where they're like "too busy to post my bad" it makes poo poo real hard.

I agree to a point, but there's a difference between being busy a few hours out of the day and being busy for days at a time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I'm sorry I had those periods of not posting. I figured I was giving a time frame for when I was coming back, and really was trying to be upfront about where I was.

Day 3 was crazy with how little everyone posted though

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
a low grumbling can be heard as the ground shakes violently then splinters open. Out pour millions of tiny black shapes swarming and coalescing into a hideous mass. As it takes the shape of a black gaping maw a sound like a thousand screaming voices bursts from the mass

##vote: max

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Just remember dongs I promised I wasn't scum and wasn't lying

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i really dont like you

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Just remember dongs I promised I wasn't scum and wasn't lying

I will allow a conditional alliance on our honor, but if you screw this up...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn you are very good, stick to your gut more!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is not a dig at AR, but day 1 ending in the middle of the work day was tough to deal with. I think that was just because it was a literal 48 hours though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Adahn you are very good, stick to your gut more!

I'll try, and sorry about the giving up my vote thing. It was a total gambit when I was convinced you were scum and could not for the life of me figure out how to get your rear end lynched.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

This is not a dig at AR, but day 1 ending in the middle of the work day was tough to deal with. I think that was just because it was a literal 48 hours though.

I really don't think he meant it to be like it was, he probably just changed the date and didn't look at the time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

Also, hey Podema. Got any updates for that Shine two game you can share with us?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884

:)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

I will allow a conditional alliance on our honor, but if you screw this up...

For the record, I'm never, ever promising to not be scum ever again. If people expect that of me I'll never be able to be scum. It only works once.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn you are a very similar player to me where you get really tunneled and convinced you are right about people, and you don't let go. It's like a mirror and I see why I am annoying~

I think this game could have ended differently if you had the ability and energy to give this your full attention today. But I hope you keep playing, and I am sorry for upsetting you today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
No hard feelings Quid! I can't see the post count but I feel like I've done a decent job of staying engaged. It's just a pain in the rear end to navigate and edit posts.

I really was convinced you were town until I read MMT'S case, I forgot all about why I was ever concerned about Max.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

a low grumbling can be heard as the ground shakes violently then splinters open. Out pour millions of tiny black shapes swarming and coalescing into a hideous mass. As it takes the shape of a black gaping maw a sound like a thousand screaming voices bursts from the mass

##vote: max

Moatillata, Chewed Up Piece Of poo poo, has been RIPPED FROM THE EARTH AND DESTROYED FOR VOTING A THIRD loving TIME

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

absurd, thanks for running the world's worst game in the whole wide world

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yes thank you my voting was a testament to how exciting it was. Gj. Dongs why didn't you protect the forest? All the little kids are crying in the movie theater now

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

absurd, thanks for running the world's worst game in the whole wide world

thanks for being the worst ferngully to ever ferngully

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

Yes thank you my voting was a testament to how exciting it was. Gj. Dongs why didn't you protect the forest? All the little kids are crying in the movie theater now

more like burngully

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

more like burngully

:drat:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

rated 1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ily bacon bit.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Maaaaan I was wrong a lot this game, awesomely played game AA and Max!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AR, what are your thoughts on the setup?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sooooooo, Moat & Inf both need to shave, right? :getin:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Sooooooo, Moat & Inf both need to shave, right? :getin:

Oh yeah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shaving it on the weekend. Gotta shape and maintain baby.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In Australia, when you say shave do you mean trim by chance?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Me irl

https://imgur.com/MQtdUNY

Just for you guys

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i shaved todya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU