Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I'll often just buy games at full price if I know I'll like them and have .1 BRN titles in my Steam library total, how triggering is this.

As BBN measurement curator you really should express numbers using only Battleborn measurements. How do you expect it to catch on otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Jesus gently caress

Jordan7hm posted:

Pay me 2 bucks and I'll give you ten horrible games.

If I can get my long forgotten paypal account in order I'll totally take you up on that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm getting a shadowgate sorta vibe from this game

Dark Fear

It's only 4 bucks too. If anybody picks it up, lemme know how it is, I dunno if I'd enjoy it because they say it's definitely a horror game and I don't do well with horror games at all but it still looks interesting and I'm curious if it really is sorta shadowgate-y or not.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You're a dipshit beta if you don't fellate the almighty gabe by throwing hundreds of dollars at him during the sale

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i changed my steam password and now it wont let me sell cards for 7 days

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Dark Fear

It's only 4 bucks too. If anybody picks it up, lemme know how it is, I dunno if I'd enjoy it because they say it's definitely a horror game and I don't do well with horror games at all but it still looks interesting and I'm curious if it really is sorta shadowgate-y or not.

If they're too lazy/careless to change "tap" to "click" I'm just going to assume the game is poo poo.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

FirstAidKite posted:

Dark Fear

This looks like a 1st-person Quest For Glory and well that's exactly what the world needs right now.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Kly posted:

i changed my steam password and now it wont let me sell cards for 7 days

Yes, there are many account protections in place.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

QuarkJets posted:

You're a dipshit beta if you don't fellate the almighty gabe by throwing hundreds of dollars at him during the sale

Nah, I'm not bothering with buying games on Steam anymore until the bitcoin option has vanished, so probably by years end.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I did the GMG 0.20 deal + the 5-pack. The titles I got were pretty much a bag full of dog poo poo on fire so I only had one of them already, and the 0.20 deal doubled up with one in the pack.

Shattered Haven - Mostly Negative - PVKA5-RPQ3X-2BHDB
Return Null ep. 1 - Mixed
Data Hacker Corruption - Mostly Negative
Battlepaths - Mostly Negative
Elements: Soul of Fire - Mixed - X55YG-RFAFN-YMY8Q

I guess what I'm saying is that this offer is legit GMG just trying to make some money off cleaning out the poo poo that they will never, ever sell and you should not touch it because you will get poo all over your fingers and pay for the privilege. Luckily for you I threw myself on this grenade so you didn't have to.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

SadisTech posted:

I did the GMG 0.20 deal + the 5-pack. The titles I got were pretty much a bag full of dog poo poo on fire so I only had one of them already, and the 0.20 deal doubled up with one in the pack.

Shattered Haven - Mostly Negative - PVKA5-RPQ3X-2BHDB
Return Null ep. 1 - Mixed
Data Hacker Corruption - Mostly Negative
Battlepaths - Mostly Negative
Elements: Soul of Fire - Mixed - X55YG-RFAFN-YMY8Q

I guess what I'm saying is that this offer is legit GMG just trying to make some money off cleaning out the poo poo that they will never, ever sell and you should not touch it because you will get poo all over your fingers and pay for the privilege. Luckily for you I threw myself on this grenade so you didn't have to.

I wish I spent my money on the Humble Monthly instead.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
So... we can customize our discovery queues now, besides unchecking "Early Access Products" what tags are you guys blocking?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
got a gmg mystery pack for free from some promotion and felt ripped off never buy those things

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Black Griffon posted:

Jesus gently caress

can you even run steam on an iphone/pad?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Moonlight app

Awesome! posted:

can you even run steam on an iphone/pad?

(Not really)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ZZZorcerer posted:

So... we can customize our discovery queues now, besides unchecking "Early Access Products" what tags are you guys blocking?

Using the Enhanced Steam add-on to block all of that crap they added. Out of sight, out of mind.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Healbot posted:

Nah, I'm not bothering with buying games on Steam anymore until the bitcoin option has vanished, so probably by years end.

It's just a third-party payment processor that they use, it has zero actual effect on the service and costs nothing for them to use.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mierenneuker posted:

That's a great deal, although I have no if those Enhanced Editions released in recent years might be a better (although more expensive) purchase.

Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale ain't worth it just because of the fact that they added a story mode (As in your party is super overpowered and can easily beat the game with zero difficulty) into a game that is literally a traditional dungeon crawler with no story. Now I can understand something like that in a story orientated RPG but not when the whole game is literally just fighting through various modules.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Just seen a video of some PS4 game in development basically where you shoot lots of zombies. Whats out there in that vein on steam? Not L4D. I just added Zombie Army trilogy to my wishlist but in the meantime scouring for something perhaps a little cheaper. Keep in mind I've played Resident Evil to death, looking for big on action.

\/\/ I dont do drugs, that means I dont do rails.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 23, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

typing of the dead

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

codo27 posted:

Just seen a video of some PS4 game in development basically where you shoot lots of zombies. Whats out there in that vein on steam? Not L4D. I just added Zombie Army trilogy to my wishlist but in the meantime scouring for something perhaps a little cheaper. Keep in mind I've played Resident Evil to death, looking for big on action.

Zombie Shooter has the most zombies you can shoot, I think.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

codo27 posted:

Dead Rising 3 might get a decent discount in the sale

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

It's just a third-party payment processor that they use, it has zero actual effect on the service and costs nothing for them to use.
Yeah, pretty much any actual store never touches the Butts. The processors takes the bitcoin and the store only every sees real money.
Last time I checked there was like, 2-3 bitcoin payment processing places too.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Luisfe posted:

Zombie Shooter has the most zombies you can shoot, I think.

Looking for first or third person, not top down

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

LochNessMonster posted:

I noticed baldurs gate 1, 2 and icewind dale are up for 5.29 on gog.com. Is that a good deal?

I don't see this at all. I would jump on it if I did but I assume this was a mistake that is gone now.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Substandard posted:

I don't see this at all. I would jump on it if I did but I assume this was a mistake that is gone now.

Not a mistake. GoG's Summer Sale ended today.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I knew that, but I never saw that deal and I thought that post was after the sale ended. Thought it might be a weekend thing or something.

Oh well. I saved $5 by procrastinating

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

codo27 posted:

Play Typing of the Dead anyways.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I posted a while ago asking a similar question but now its steam summer sale time, do any not bad games exist that are an online multiplayer competitive game but instead of military guns it's elf bows or dwarf axes or some other poo poo? Just checked and saw the servers for Forge are offline (even for those who paid for it!) And Rune still has about 1-2 players online on a good day.

Chivalry just feels kind of sucky now that all the initial goons who bought it quit and it never got a balancing patch but instead a second samurai game you had to pay for.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

extra stout posted:

I posted a while ago asking a similar question but now its steam summer sale time, do any not bad games exist that are an online multiplayer competitive game but instead of military guns it's elf bows or dwarf axes or some other poo poo? Just checked and saw the servers for Forge are offline (even for those who paid for it!) And Rune still has about 1-2 players online on a good day.

The Culling is a pretty good melee online multiplayer type of game. There's guns but they're rare since most people opt for weapons that don't require bullets (which are also rare due to cost)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

:frogsiren:Phantom Brave is coming to Steam:frogsiren:

I guess Disgaea PC sold well enough to warrant another title, and that makes me happy. I hope this one does well enough too and Makai Kingdom comes out next.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

:frogsiren:Phantom Brave is coming to Steam:frogsiren:

I guess Disgaea PC sold well enough to warrant another title, and that makes me happy. I hope this one does well enough too and Makai Kingdom comes out next.

You'd think that if Disgaea 1 sold well they'd be in a bigger hurry to port the much better Disgaea 2, but so it goes.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I think it's questionable if Disgaea 2 is better, I prefer the first one. I'd jump to Disgaea 4, but I guess it makes sense to do it in order.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Partly that but at least in the demo you could get different responses depending on how drunk they were at different points in the conversation. (ex some of the drinks have optional alcohol, some you can add whatever amount you like, sometimes there are drinks of varying content that meet their request). But yeah there should be a few places you can serve them something specific for different stuff. There's supposed to be a hint in ROM chapter 2 for something you can try (haven't played it though)

yeah don't play Read Only Memories, it's... it's interesting and ambitious, but it uses a story to tell political correctness instead of using political correctness to tell a story. It's up its own rear end most of the time. I really wanted to like it, but I felt like I was not the audience for it.

I definitely liked the Bob Ross nods and I agree with the message, but the way it's done is so heavy handed that it ruins it.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 23, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

chumbler posted:

You'd think that if Disgaea 1 sold well they'd be in a bigger hurry to port the much better Disgaea 2, but so it goes.
I think of it as giving Feinne a new game to LP when he is done with DD2.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

any opinions on that valhalla game? It looked like a papers please style game but cyberpunk and with bars instead of oppressive soviet life. It looked neat but the waifu poo poo has me nervous. Someone said it was 4chan as gently caress is that accurate because if so then I'm not going to touch it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowman posted:

any opinions on that valhalla game? It looked like a papers please style game but cyberpunk and with bars instead of oppressive soviet life. It looked neat but the waifu poo poo has me nervous. Someone said it was 4chan as gently caress is that accurate because if so then I'm not going to touch it.

It is much more of a VN than really a game. There's a little bit of money management and you have to be paying a little attention to know what drinks to serve sometimes, but it is much more about the characters and their storylines.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
During this sale I'll be on the lookout for fun and easy local coop games to play with my girlfriend who hasn't played a game since the original Sims. Any suggestions?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Cowman posted:

It's vaguely similar to Papers Please but it's pretty much a pure visual novel. The waifu poo poo's pretty much just a joke, there's no dating sim elements. There's an in-game message board that's a parody of 4chan and some jokes at the expense of anime, but other than that it isn't really "4chan as gently caress". I reccomend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Grimace posted:

yeah don't play Read Only Memories, it's... it's interesting and ambitious, but it uses a story to tell political correctness instead of using political correctness to tell a story. It's up its own rear end most of the time. I really wanted to like it, but I felt like I was not the audience for it.

I definitely liked the Bob Ross nods and I agree with the message, but the way it's done is so heavy handed that it ruins it.

I think the nod that they're mentioning is a part where you visit a bar and they have dozens of drinks that were contributed by Kickstarter backers as pledge rewards.

All I remember of that part is that one of the drinks was a shot of everclear in a glass of chocolate milk and that later on you come back to the bar and the bartender's cute chubby bear boyfriend is working the cash register and gives commentary on every drink you can order.

• Locked thread