Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

straight up brolic posted:

the terrible players™:

Marquese Chriss
Henry Ellenson
Malachi Richardson
Dejounte Murray
Furkan Kormaz
Tyler Ulis

Ulis is 3 feet tall he shouldn't be on any list like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ben Simmons-
Brandon Ingram-
Kris Dunn-
Jaylen Brown-
Buddy Hield-
Jamal Murray-
Dragan Bender-
Domanatas Sabonis-
Deyonta Davis-

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I hope Domantas turns out to be really good and people go "holy poo poo just imagine if he was 7'3" and had hands like Andre the Giant"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ben Simmons is like a tall DJ Augustin

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

Deyonta Davis-

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ben Simmons-
Brandon Ingram-
Kris Dunn-
Jaylen Brown-
Buddy Hield-
Jamal Murray-
Dragan Bender-
Domanatas Sabonis-
Deyonta Davis-

I hope Deyonta Davis goes in the lottery because that rear end in a top hat owes me for 5 years of cat food.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Ramona Shelburne confirming that the Lakers will be taking Ingram.

Some strong investigative journalism there

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jonathan Givony was talking about how NBA teams have Smarten Upped aabout 1 on 0 workouts. They hire 35 year old retired players to really challenge prospects, as sort of a sneak attack, and it's damaged the stock of several guys.

This is how Russell got picked, was that he was really impressive in the old dude workout where the other guys they brought in were medicore or bad.

MourningView posted:

Some strong investigative journalism there

Hey, she confirmed the Lakers were drafting Okafor last year, she has sources!

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 22, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If Skal is available at 12, does that make sense for the Hawks?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

straight up brolic posted:

the terrible players™:

Marquese Chriss
Henry Ellenson
Malachi Richardson
Dejounte Murray
Furkan Kormaz
Tyler Ulis

We are one. Although, I'm tempted to throw Cheick Diallo in here as well. But he may actually just be really raw ala Serge.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Imminent Volcano Sacrifice Vitor Faverani

What happened to him? He was averaging 4 blocks through the first ten games and just died apparently.

tadashi posted:

If Skal is available at 12, does that make sense for the Hawks?

I think so, if they have any indication Horford is leaving, for sure. If not still maybe cause they have what, Mike Scott, Splitter, and Moose as bigs? I think Skal will be in ORL and Sabonis or Baldwin in ATL.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 22, 2016

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
So hawks now own the 12th pick in a trade that they gave up Jeff Teague, do they pick a point guard to back up Schroeder or pick up someone to replace Horford when he inevitably leaves this summer?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's either Baldwin or a PF/C. Although Thabo is like 32 or 33, so Luwawu (or Richardson hahahaha) may be in play as well.

Guerschon Yabusele intrigues me. He's kind of fat, but has a nice feel to him for some reason.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't really have faith in Skal.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Brandon Ingram lookin baked as gently caress on ESPN

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the only thing i want in life is Luwawu and Hezonja on the same team.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Reading that Atlanta may target Richardson with the 12th pick. Please please please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Reading that Atlanta may target Richardson with the 12th pick. Please please please

:lol:

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Called it.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I just realized if the Nuggets pick Bender there will be a Serb, Croat, and Bosnian on the team. Connelly would be at the halfway mark to Yugoslavian Yahtzee

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/745816509260365824

Not a big shock but I was hoping it'd work out for Charlotte. Denzel Valentine it is, I guess

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably Magic posted:

I don't really have faith in Skal.

Me either but the Hawks are stuck in that limbo where they're good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to advance and boy it feels like they've been there since like 2005 doesn't it

But anyways Skal is probably the best shot at a home run in that range

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Me either but the Hawks are stuck in that limbo where they're good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to advance and boy it feels like they've been there since like 2005 doesn't it

But anyways Skal is probably the best shot at a home run in that range

To be fair, no Eastern Conference team is doing jack poo poo until LeBron retires, so it doesn't matter.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

R.D. Mangles posted:

To be fair, no Eastern Conference team is doing jack poo poo until LeBron retires, so it doesn't matter.

I don't get why people keep saying stuff like this three days after the Cavs just beat the unstoppable Warriors

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Givony is a dummy. I'm almost positive Beasley is going 11

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

I don't get why people keep saying stuff like this three days after the Cavs just beat the unstoppable Warriors

Because it's true

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Making the Conference Finals would at least be a neat trick. I feel like I've been waiting for the Hawks to be the Hot New Thing for an eternity.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am watching an ESPN Draft special from today because I am a draft fiend right now and Coangelo still wants the idea to be out there that he is considering Ingram to the point he was going over draft scenarios for their later picks if they he picked him. I don't get the point at this time when Chris BOUDSARD (my phone corrected it to that so I will leave it) didn't even ask him about it.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

morestuff posted:

To be fair Lebron has shut out everyone else in the east for 6 straight years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

I am watching an ESPN Draft special from today because I am a draft fiend right now and Coangelo still wants the idea to be out there that he is considering Ingram to the point he was going over draft scenarios for their later picks if they he picked him. I don't get the point at this time when Chris BOUDSARD (my phone corrected it to that so I will leave it) didn't even ask him about it.

Probably was asked by silver for suspense purposes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
At some point a non-LeBron East team will be the appropriate levels of well managed and lucky to become a real contender. I don't think anyone really comes to mind right now, though.

Probably Magic posted:

Making the Conference Finals would at least be a neat trick. I feel like I've been waiting for the Hawks to be the Hot New Thing for an eternity.
They made the conference finals last year. I think that's one of those things we'll have to keep reminding ourselves happened.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

At some point a non-LeBron East team will be the appropriate levels of well managed and lucky to become a real contender. I don't think anyone really comes to mind right now, though.

They made the conference finals last year. I think that's one of those things we'll have to keep reminding ourselves happened.

that's only because Derrick Rose wasn't Fully Back.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Just wait the 2017 finals with be class of coaching juggernauts. That's right Billy vs Scotty the fight for 🐐 status

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's only because Derrick Rose wasn't Fully Back.

2016-17 Knicks: lock for Eastern Conference Finals

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gingerberger posted:

2016-17 Knicks: lock for Eastern Conference Finals

Lil' B confirmed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only thing lil b can confirm is if I ever see him he's going to get hit with a steel chair

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

The only thing lil b can confirm is if I ever see him he's going to get hit with a steel chair

I'd pay a lot of money to see that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the ultimate red flag

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm not excited about any of these players in the draft. Who should I be irrationally excited for tonight? I even watched more college ball this year than in year's past and have seen many of the big school guys and I'm just like ehhhh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it's a bad draft. Like 20 first round picks are for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

euphronius posted:

Yeah it's a bad draft. Like 20 first round picks are for sale.

I can't tell if it's legitimately a bad draft or if that just means it's all going to be on scouting and lots of late round surprises will end up being good. Guess we'll know in five years.

• Locked thread