Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: This is the sequel to Shine, but playing/reading that game is absolutely not necessary to enjoy this one! (It's still a good read though.) :siren:

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons told fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggered extraordinary abilities in those who drank it. To most people, Shine was just an urban legend, and Prohibition was just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol. However, In one certain backroom speakeasy Shine was a very real thing and Prohibition had long since ceased being about alcohol.

After a quiet but vicious struggle for power, both the FBI and Mafia failed to seize control of the Shine network and Prohibition was thoroughly defanged in the city. While the genius brewer who created Shine in the first place died at a maddened Shiner's hands, he had already passed on the secret of its creation to his daughter Ilsa. She continued to refine the recipe, and eventually left New York City to bring Shine to new places. Of course, the city life isn't easy to let go of, and eventually Ilsa settled down once more, brewing her improved Shine recipes for a different distribution network in a quiet city by the name of Chicago...

The year is 1931, and Al Capone has just been sentenced to 11 years in prison. For the first time in years, the Chicago Outfit has a leadership crisis. Will Capone's loyal successors take over the Outfit and its lucrative Shine bootlegging operations, or will others take the opportunity to eliminate their rivals and seize power for themselves?

Shine II: The Chicago Outfit, is a flavorful semi-open setup game of Mafia for 24 players.

General Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick. I reserve the right to nudge you via PM if I feel you're going beyond the pale. :)
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game. (I understand that Life Happens sometimes - in extreme cases please PM me and we'll take it from there.)
    • :siren: I politely request that unredeemable lurkers/no-content shitposters not sign up for this game, and reserve the right to turn you down if you do so!
  • Days will be ~24-36 hours (or more, depending on weekends) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
    • In general, days will start between 9 AM - 1 PM EDT, and end between 8 PM - 11 PM EDT.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule v2.0:
    • If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be ON NOTICE the next game day. Tut tut!
    • If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be FREELY LYNCHABLE the next day. (Your lynch will not end the day!) This status will continue until you make 10 posts in a game day.
    • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline, and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.
Game-Specific Notes:
Some players will participate in a special pre-game phase to determine their roles. The roles available during this pre-game phase are:
  • Brewer - can visit someone else at night, giving them 1 Shine. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Commuter - can hide themselves away at night, becoming untargetable by night actions.
  • Cop - can investigate someone at night, learning whether they are Outfit-Aligned or Not Outfit-Aligned.
  • Doctor - can protect someone else at night, protecting them from death one time that night. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Honest Visitor - can visit someone else at night, and that player will learn your mod-confirmed alignment.
  • Jailkeeper - can jail someone else at night, both protecting them from death and preventing them from taking any actions targeting someone else that night. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Reckless Night Vigilante - can kill someone else at night, but if an Outfit-Aligned player is targeted you will die instead.
  • Redirector - can target two players at night, redirecting all actions performed on the first player (except night kills) to instead target the second player. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Rolecop - can investigate someone else at night, learning both their Role and Shine Role.
  • Spymaster - can learn how many actions other than yours are performed during a night phase, including any night kills, but not what those actions were or who performed them.
  • Tracker - can track someone else at night, learning who they targeted that night (if anyone). May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Watcher - can watch someone else at night, learning who else visited them that night (if anyone). May not target the same person consecutively.
There may be other roles in the game in addition to these.

Town Win Condition:
You win when no threats to the Outfit remain.

Player List:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Adahn1986
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. AnonymousNarcotics
  5. CapitalistPig
  6. curiousCat
  7. dongsbot 9000
  8. flerp
  9. Flying Leatherman
  10. Hal Incandenza
  11. Infinitum
  12. JakeP
  13. JimsonTheBetrayer
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Li Dawny
  16. Mayor Glowku
  17. Moatillata
  18. Murmur Twin
  19. Quidnose
  20. SirSamVimes
  21. TMMadman
  22. tpink
  23. Truth Quark
  24. VivaNova

Podima fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:Deaths::rip:
Night 0:
Al Capone, Outfit-Aligned Godfather, was thrown in the slammer on Night 0!

Day 1:
Mayor Glowku, aka Martina 'The Siren' Varda, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer} was executed on Day 1!

Night 1:
dongsbot 9000, aka Giorgia 'Two Tricks' Pirillo, aka Lesley Winter, Outfit-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!
Infinitum, aka Kevin 'Iceman' Bexley, New York Families-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!
JakeP, aka Zane 'One Eye' Harward, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Reckless Night Vigilante}, was filled with lead on Night 1!

Day 2:
curiousCat, aka Fabio 'The Viper' Gattone, North Side Gang-Aligned Boss, was executed on Day 2!

Night 2:
King Burgundy, aka Gomberto 'No Cigar' Li Vecchi, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 2!
TMMadman, aka Macario 'The Chin' Vivolo, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 2!

Day 3:
tpink, aka Ronaldo 'The Rabbit' Perini, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was executed on Day 3!

Night 3:
Absurd Revolver, aka Dione 'Oddfather' Ciminera, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 3!
Adahn1986, aka Cleo 'Silver Dollar' Purdom, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 3!

Day 4:
AnonymousNarcotics, aka Leonzio 'The Banker' Gamlin, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Honest Visitor}, was executed on Day 4!

Night 4:
Hal Incandenza, aka Mandy 'Razor' Abruzzese, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 4!
Quidnose, aka Turibio 'Four Fingers' Macaluso, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla Backup Boss {Honest Visitor}, was filled with lead on Night 4!

Day 5:
JimsonTheBetrayer, aka Gloria 'Doberman' Medaglia, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was executed on Day 5!

Night 5:
Li Dawny, aka Cierra 'Smiler' Marchetta, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 5!
VivaNova, aka Andrea 'The Whisper' Passalacqua, aka Ilsa Miloslovsky, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was filled with lead on Night 5!

Day 6:
CapitalistPig, aka Kai 'Peanuts' Sclafani, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was executed on Day 6!

Night 6:
Truth Quark, aka Annabella 'The Saint' Rubano, Murder, Inc.-Aligned Outfit-Aligned Killer {Deathproof}, was filled with lead on Night 6!

Day 7:
Anomalous Amalgam, aka Maura 'The Menace' Featherston, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was executed on Day 7!

Night 7:
Flying Leatherman, aka Carmine 'The Snitch' Calise, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Brewer}, was filled with lead on Night 7!

Day 8:
SirSamVimes, aka Victor 'Two Toes' Griest, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Spymaster}, was executed on Day 8!

Night 8:
Moatillata, aka Iliana 'Blackjack' Varrone, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was filled with lead on Night 8!

Day 9:
flerp, aka Adelaide 'Blue Eyes' Scarpace, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was ENDGAMED on Day 9!
Murmur Twin, aka Ethan 'Squint' Di Santi, North Side Gang-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Redirector}, has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE OUTFIT on Day 9!

Podima fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 16, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
not gonna read the op

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wow someone stole my anti-lurker rules....

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Mine

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
This is it dongsbot.

This is my time to shine.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Reckless Night Vigilante - can kill someone else at night, but if an Outfit-Aligned player is targeted you will die instead.

this role owns

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

a vig that can only kill townies (and maybe 3p dumbasses) i cant wait 2 be that guy

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

spoilers 2 every1: thats lesley winters redux the dongso edition

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i want to be sk i'll kill dongsbot on night one

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Balls, no way I can compete with this. Sign me up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wow someone stole my anti-lurker rules....

It's true, I like your thought process around keeping control in the players' hands.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Balls, no way I can compete with this. Sign me up.

Sorry buddy! :shobon: I did give fair warning last week about when this was going to go up!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Me

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I never saw this was open! Sign me up please

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If there's still a spot, I'll play.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I missed the first one... Gotta into this one. Please!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You're all wonderful people! (And also in!)

Including the unconfirmed presigns - who I've PMed - we are at 13/24 players, over halfway there! I should have time tomorrow to finish up role PMs, so if we can get the signups we'll be ready to start as early as tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I suppose one mafia game won't hurt :nyoron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Me me me!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am so in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Whelp. Ending my hiatus for this I guess.

It should be noted that I'll be traveling for a week during this game, again, starting Sunday.

Pod only runs shine games when I have to travel.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Whelp. Ending my hiatus for this I guess.

It should be noted that I'll be traveling for a week during this game, again, starting Sunday.

Pod only runs shine games when I have to travel.

:)

Where are you off to this time?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lynchtown, cause his rear end is getting turbo'd D1

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hi, can I play?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

hi, can I play?

Sure can! Glad to see you back.

6 slots remain, pending 3 presigns checking in.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Hell yeah sign me up

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm so excited. Last game was the best

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I want to redeem myself/continue my dominance, depending on what I did in the first one

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
In like sin

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

a vig that can only kill townies (and maybe 3p dumbasses) i cant wait 2 be that guy

oh the outfit is town and not scum thats not as exciting

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I can't wait for your loving dumbass to win the entire game for us and make me wanna kill my r self

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

"Town" is Outfit-Aligned in this game, yes. (Check the cop role in the OP.)

EDIT: Haha, caught your ninja!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If there's still room I'll play!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Doing this!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Confirming my presign~

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just two people, two unconfirmed presigns, and one PM-confirmed presign who needs to post in the thread left! :swoon:

Also, for those who care, I tweaked the organization of the OP a little and added an additional rules clarification around PM comparison shenanigans (hint: it involves not doing that) given what happened in Drawrof.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also nobody do borderline Toxxing things this game like demanding each other shave their beard or whatever

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
G'day mate

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also nobody make mistakes except the two scum teams please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I bet my beard I won't be betting my beard this game

• Locked thread