Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I recently finished the whole series on Netflix and the Doggett episodes weren't as bad as I'd been lead to believe. The final season was meh except for the Burt Reynolds episode because Burt Reynolds.

Yea Reyez and Doggett ain't no Mulder and Scully but I still liked the later seasons as well. I feel kinda silly buying them since they are on Netflix, but I guess that doesn't mean they'll always be and it was one of my favorite shows.

e: Now I just have to decide if it's worth it to rip the shows to my media server ugggghhhh 9 seasons.

dreesemonkey has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

Are you in Europe? It seems like the only thing Braun makes for US anymore is electric razors.

Yeah. I think I have a Braun iron as well. But it's by no means a common brand around here apart from shavers and hair dryers, it was just the best-looking non-OBH-Nordica non-Melissa toaster under 100€ at the department store. (I've got the same three rules when it comes to electric appliances as my grandmother did: no Nordica, no Melissa, and "no GOD drat Severin".)

e: Oh, Oral-B is Braun as well. I guess the B is for Braun? They're super-super popular.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

TheFonz posted:

I let my wife pic the color. She did well I think.

It's a gun part by the way.
I envy you, you magnificent bastard. That's the exact setup that I want.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

fyallm posted:

Alaska Bear Money Clip to replace my 10 year old Kenneth Cole money clip:

Some OM Audio INEARPEACE headphones to listen to music and take calls while traveling:

I have this exact same money clip, it lasted 3 months before it stretched out. After trying to push it together again it still won't hold.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Flaggy posted:

I have this exact same money clip, it lasted 3 months before it stretched out. After trying to push it together again it still won't hold.

We will see I guess... It was only $10 bucks and in the reviews where they say it stretched out, the company responded and offered to send new ones.. They also updated their description to say:

NOTE: Due to the Minimalist design the money clip is recommended for use with 10-15 bills/notes folded in half, or 3-5 cards.

Did you put more than that in the clip? I think people were overfilling them and causing them to overstretch.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Vier posted:

Most teas are quite cheap, they usually work out at less than £1 a serving.
Looking at http://markethallfoods.com/mariage-freres-rouge-bourbon-tea a 6oz refill will give around 56 cups of tea so around than 36p per cup which is really good value.

This is where I buy it too, but it's still expensive. The catch is in the $12 ground shipping, which is drat near 50% what the tea itself costs. So you still end up paying way more than you would if you were to find it in a store.

Speaking of which: Dean & Deluca carries it as well, if you happen to be near one of their stores, i.e. just four cities in the US :downs:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

fyallm posted:

We will see I guess... It was only $10 bucks and in the reviews where they say it stretched out, the company responded and offered to send new ones.. They also updated their description to say:

NOTE: Due to the Minimalist design the money clip is recommended for use with 10-15 bills/notes folded in half, or 3-5 cards.

Did you put more than that in the clip? I think people were overfilling them and causing them to overstretch.

I probably did absentmindedly. There is a titanium one being advertised that I wanted to get.

http://www.superiortitanium.com/

These seem to hold shape better. But, I agree with you, 10 bucks isn't too bad for a money clip.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Trip report: So many of you doubted the excellence that would be Piff The Magic Dragon. Unfortunately I can't confirm or deny this. However, the Zombie Burlesque show was good. It was a small theater with decent but not great sound. I had plenty of laughs, saw some zombie butt, point ballet, pole dancer and a contortionist for like $60 for 2 tickets for 90 min show.

If you're okay with LBGT (gay jokes & cross dressing ) humor you're probably okay. Otherwise they might corrupt you by making you like that pretty women who is actually a man and you'll be going straight to fire and brimstone.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

One night here, the same hotel that I proposed to my wife 11 years ago. Rooms are at least 300% more expensive now. :shepspends:

Westin Whistler.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The best drawing tablet I have ever used, and also has a bonus octa-core processer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scathach posted:

The best drawing tablet I have ever used, and also has a bonus octa-core processer.

Do you have any of your drawings online? Which model is that, Galaxy Note? Like 8.9"?

colas has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Jun 24, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

colas posted:

Do you have any of your drawings online? Which model is that, Galaxy Note? Like 8.9"?

It's the Note Pro 12.2. I currently work on a 10.1 but after four years of being used like 15hrs a day it's finally starting to slow a bit. Still doesn't have a single scratch in the screen though, Samsung stuff is super durable. All my stuff is drawn on the old tab-- it's got a Wacom interface that is rarely, if ever, advertised.

http://oleary.ink/Gallery-I/

http://oleary.ink/Gallery-II/

I like the Notes because they're also useful for just about everything else in addition to art stuff. Mine is getting slow-- stopped getting Android updates years ago-- but when I played with the new model it was fast as all hell.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Jun 24, 2016

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scathach posted:

It's the Note Pro 12.2. I currently work on a 10.1 but after four years of being used like 15hrs a day it's finally starting to slow a bit. Still doesn't have a single scratch in the screen though, Samsung stuff is super durable. All my stuff is drawn on the old tab-- it's got a Wacom interface that is rarely, if ever, advertised.

http://oleary.ink/Gallery-I/

http://oleary.ink/Gallery-II/

I like the Notes because they're also useful for just about everything else in addition to art stuff. Mine is getting slow-- stopped getting Android updates years ago-- but when I played with the new model it was fast as all hell.

Nice work. Are the art apps built in?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Thanks! I use Autodesk Sketchbook which was like $7 and I think also has a free version.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Since I now take the bus to and from work with 20 minutes of walking mixed in, I picked up a pair of headphones from my favorite brand. I even got them at half price from a place that was dumping out their stock.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bose Quietcomfort 35 (in black)

My new travelling headphones. Remarkably good sound and the noise cancelling is excellent. Makes train journeys so much more bearable.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Bought this from Build a Bear and I have zero regrets as an adult buying this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They were having a pretty good sale today

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As a poor, I dunno what that is.

I'm going to assume boat parts.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Aramek posted:

I think it's stocks he bought

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So gun parts then

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nope, marital aid.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
JFC, it says "fund name" and "stock market index" right on it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

TotalLossBrain posted:

JFC, it says "fund name" and "stock market index" right on it.

It's probably just a typo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aramek posted:

Vanguard has retirement funds that you can start with just $1,000

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mu Zeta posted:

Vanguard has retirement funds that you can start with just $1,000

Poors can't do retirement investing. They need that money for fast food and lotto tix

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Poors can't do retirement investing. They need that money for fast food and lotto tix

privileged.txt

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Confirmed, my lifetime Betterment Roth IRA returns are nearing negative triple digits now. Get rich slowly is a lie, I'm confident I would be better off investing in booze.

E: Just checked my 401k, its overall performance is down -6.72% for another year running. And that's not even counting the ~1.5% expense ratio of the target retirement fund I'm invested in because it's the cheapest option and one lovely investment bank is the same as the next.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

Birthday present to myself.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I like the tat. Bonus - it works as an idiot detector. "Hey, what's your tattoo mean?"

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

For clarification. My brain is crying and I wanted to catch the tears in my grandmother's urn. And I put it on my arm.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Teach posted:

I like the tat. Bonus - it works as an idiot detector. "Hey, what's your tattoo mean?"

"Ha ha, you don't get it. Idiot!"

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Idiot here, what's that tattoo mean?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coredump posted:

Storm in a tea cup? Not that that's a storm :shrug:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Got a 65' Sony the other day from Best Buy for $575 because it had a few dead pixels that you can't even notice. Searched online and it is last years' Sony model and its like a $1300 tv. Gonna eventually mount it and I have a soundbar I'm gonna set up tomorrow. Looks great so far.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Coredump posted:

Tempest in a teacup

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

Granda frakaso en malgranda glaso

God drat every time I see Esperanto I just want to slap the stupid ignorant nerd that invented it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought some poo poo on clearance at REI and they gave me $20 bux so now I can buy more poo poo later.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ohhhh, so mountain out of a molehill if you're from the ignorant part of the U.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Records and food.