Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a promising looking fishing thread for you to post in

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780528&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I had a can of Chicken of the Sea "Sriracha" dines tonight and they were very loving bad. Pretty much just that gross, cloying tomato taste that plagues the lovely tomato Brunswicks as well.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I found some KO tiny tots at walmart for $2.50 the other day, I'm excited to try them. :3:

Were the polar brand kippers the ones I saw some people recommend? If so, I regret not getting any while I was there.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

The Snoo posted:

I found some KO tiny tots at walmart for $2.50 the other day, I'm excited to try them. :3:

Were the polar brand kippers the ones I saw some people recommend? If so, I regret not getting any while I was there.

Polar kippers are very nice. Brunswick kippers are similarly nice.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
Polar kips are great, and seem to usually be nice big fillets in the can. Brunnies are good too but more chunky/smaller pieces in there. Both are good eatin'.

I restocked the work stash :getin:

The pickle ones are going to a friend who likes deens and is All About Pickles, so here's hoping they's good.

Also stocked the car for emergencies... Ya never know when you might get stuck somewhere, or have a late-nite frisbee game, or find a hungry feral catte. Be Prepared!

And y'all remember that halibut? I thawed out a good chunk of it today.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I bought some of this on a whim because I've seen it a lot, it was $1.50, and I was grilling burgers that night.

Thought lol yellow mustard. Must be for chumps. Logo is "not for the feint hearted." :laffo:

Welp, this poo poo blows dijon out of the water. You don't need much of it. Can't wait to try it on dines.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Colman's is the best when drunkenly grilling sausages.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I realize I've never posted my 'dine collection:

I haven't sampled them all yet, but the Canarios are my favorites, so I'm stocked up for hurricane season!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I haven't sampled them all yet, but the Canarios are my favorites, so I'm stocked up for hurricane season!

How are the Iberia eels?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

How are the Iberia eels?

Haven't tried them yet either, or any of the Port Clydes (which are from Poland).

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How is the maple syrup? Bar Harbor is great but I thought that was too gimmicky.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dmitri-9 posted:

How is the maple syrup? Bar Harbor is great but I thought that was too gimmicky.

I've tried them once before, and they were much more subtle than you would expect -- luckily not cloyingly sweet. I always love a breakfast plate where maple syrup touches the salty, smoky bacon, ham, or sausage, so that's the general effect you get from these, only less salty, less smoky, and less sweet.

EDIT: The smoked trout is freakin' delicious, and it is the only canned fish my wife will eat. Unfortunately, it's close to $5 per can, but Trader Joe's has its own version of smoked trout that is a buck or two cheaper, and it may be identical.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dmitri-9 posted:

These are 100% certified bomb rear end on top of brown rice + sweet potato triscuits.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I spent my Father's Day making more dine art:

REQUEST:

I can always use more tin lids for my obsession. Either plain (like KOs) or printed (like TJs) are preferred; ones like Beach Cliff mustard sauce that have stickers are just kind of a pain. (Yet Beach Cliff Louisiana hot sauce are silkscreen printed. :iiam:) Like, Lathespin and BBVD, I look at your pics and not only start drooling over the myriad wonders of tinned fish, but the tins themselves. Send me your lids, dine lovers.

In fact, let's make this interesting: first person to send me 10 printed lids gets a free piece of dine art. Mackerel, kippers, and other tinned fish are welcome, I just want pretty colored lids.

naem
May 29, 2011

Those have a lot of personality

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
well poo poo need lids

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i usually lurk this thread but i wanted to point out that those dine arts are really cool

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

This one is so good!! I wish I had printed tins (only stacks of KO over here), or I'd hop on this!

naem
May 29, 2011

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
We had some grilled kippers with dinner. Neptune brand, from Scotland. Had to be thawed out can be grilled or fried.

Verdict: very salty, but tasty. Would do best as a substitute for bacon or sausage in an english breakfast.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Efficient imo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/hippieswordfish/status/745357573822382080

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
Thanks for the info

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sardines over grains is the bomb. Still working on that 1/2 bag of 55lbs of kasha...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

:captainpop: check out that dine bod

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ive been addicted to KO kipper snacks lately

they own

pro-tip ^

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
How is there 74 page thread on sardines?!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah it should be at least 100 by now.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

sardines are delicious

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
TBQH this thread isn't just about dines. We also talk about anchovies and kippers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
And sardine-related artwork.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

If you need to catch up on all the exciting sardine content, here's the old thread -- it was 83 pages: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3618400&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Had a new brand of 'dines today- Henry & Lisa's Portugese sardines in olive oil. 3 large meaty fish in the tin, and the olive oil was bit thicker than say, Bela's in olive oil. Actually they were pretty close to the Bela's in every aspect except that Bela's are lightly smoked. Same price too, at $2.99. Not a bad 'dine but I'll stick with the Bela's.

Oh, and for JacquelineDempsey - the tins were just plain :\

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sardines are really good

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
My current collection of 'dines.

Which ones should I eat tonight and how?
Hard mode: no bread.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Suck down those Mediterranean KOs, bread free and preferably with a beer of your choice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I wish my local store carried Mediterranean KOs, but I haven't seen them around.

naem
May 29, 2011

shoophobo posted:

Hard mode: no bread.

Actually that's easy mode

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hard mode is no bread & no sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

The hots with rice. :colbert:

Related: Tonight's work lunch was salad and mustard 'dine topped tiscuits. Cracked pepper triscuits.