Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Idiot Kicker posted:

How is Sabonis's kid?

Going to be a solid NBA player imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Vertical show is like 2 picks ahead of ESPN.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Giannis at the 1, Thon at the 2

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Crazy Ted posted:

I hope there comes a day where we have a Scandinavian center named Ragnar Thorsson

MAGNUS
SON
OF
MAGNUSSON

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Bogdan, son of Bogdan and Thon, Maker of Thons, the norse basketball association draft

Lol again

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jakob Poeltl is good insurance for Valanciunas I guess. He could be good, it seems like it's very difficult to predict which physically large centers will become good NBA defenders

Raptors need Valanciunas insurance? I guess the Raptors have him as comfortably the BPA and are happy having him back up for a year or two?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Tae posted:

Is Thon Maker old or something?

there was a rumor that teams were going to pass him up because he's possibly like, 24 or something

except apparently the bucks don't give a gently caress

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Suns are going to battle the wolves for western conference supremacy as we all grow old and die

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Libertine posted:

What a loving murderer's row here:

And it's even worse than that since Biyombo was traded for Jimmer

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tae posted:

Same rumors that surround every African born prospect. You'd think people would realize it's vaguely racist but whatever

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Tae posted:

Nah he's straight outta high school

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

He is African so everyone is going to assume he is secretly 35 years old

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Kings have picked up a lot of late picks for a team that didn't even do their homework on anyone at all.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Kidd really wanted to add some veteran presence to a young roster

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

Raptors need Valanciunas insurance? I guess the Raptors have him as comfortably the BPA and are happy having him back up for a year or two?

Well he's gotten hurt a lot and they'll probably lose Biyombo, so they need a back up who might be starter caliber

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

8 for 13, 28 and Bogdan. I guess the drop-off isn't that much but I'm sure Sac was hoping for Knight or Bledsoe

I'm pleased. Yeah I wanted Knight but a shooting big is good and picking up an extra pick isn't terrible in this draft. I like some of the guys at the end of the first

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kings doing good things IMO

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

Same rumors that surround every African born prospect. You'd think people would realize it's vaguely racist but whatever
Except it's maybe not because there's a HUGE problem with African "teenagers" having their ages faked in other sports, especially soccer.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hahahahah that barg trade again

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

someone said it about zhou qi i think. which i think is a positive step!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Is this thread faster than normal? I expected like 4 pages for the whole draft.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

Well he's gotten hurt a lot and they'll probably lose Biyombo, so they need a back up who might be starter caliber

Fair enough. Does that mean he's a LeBron stopper like Biyombo?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Remember that amazing year when Steve the Sleeve shot like .45 from three

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Declan MacManus posted:

Someone posted a photo of him from an Australian yearbook where his picture was on the same page as a bunch of 22-23 year olds.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

The Kings have picked up a lot of late picks for a team that didn't even do their homework on anyone at all.

Says who? Ford? They interviewed people Ford specifically said they didn't talk to. They attended a shitload of workouts as well

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
http://gossiponthis.com/2016/04/22/man-arrested-posing-high-school-basketball-player/

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yakob Prtl

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The Kings probably just want a fuckload of guards to whittle down, since Rondo is Rondo, Collison is off being a criminal, and Belinelli is likely gone.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
????

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

"i don't know how much you kids love the analytics"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

The documentation, for Maker at least, is pretty substantial unless it's an unprecedented smear campaign.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Solid pick Toronto

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
you know who else was from austria? you guessed it, adolf hitler.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All these Pac-12 picks are just to troll me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Here's hoping Jakob is good enough that I eventually remember how to spell his last name

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
There is no R in his name; sorry

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nice, safe pick. I would have picked him instead of Chriss.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Except it's maybe not because there's a HUGE problem with African "teenagers" having their ages faked in other sports, especially soccer.

There was that baseball player that claimed to be 3 years younger than he actually was and was also using a different name

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

morestuff posted:

8 for 13, 28 and Bogdan. I guess the drop-off isn't that much but I'm sure Sac was hoping for Knight or Bledsoe

Who is the Suns Bogdan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pretty hosed up of the raptors to draft the evil scientist yacub who, 6000 years ago, created the white devil race

• Locked thread