Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

That round robin seems like a pretty big step down from last year's

To be fair it's just for a festival not a full show. Easier to just get 4 guys to put on 7 matches against each other. Plus those guys are pretty much best friends so it could be very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you don't vote for Zandig vs Deej as WON Feud of the Year you are delusional.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/DWWrestling/status/745681359855714308

gonna presume that means appearance/signing and not a match for the time being

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

If you don't vote for Zandig vs Deej as WON Feud of the Year you are delusional.

Zandig for wrestler of the year also

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Zandig for wrestler of the year also

Flair/Thesz Award or Most Outstanding?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Zandig and Roman should team up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

Flair/Thesz Award or Most Outstanding?

Both of them, also for WO Hall of Fame.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zandig is already in the only hall of fame that matters

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

If you want a free month of the CZWStudios use the coupon code PWPFREECZW.

Sweet thanks for posting this... I have nothing going on for the long weekend, this will be perfect

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got stuck with standing room for PWG, but I'll live

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I got my tickets. I have a friend who buys tickets for a lot of people, and she was able to get 2 front row and 5 GA.

Standing room gets kind of lovely near the end but its really not that bad. I found the best spot for standing is next to the bar where the beer signs are.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I got 4 GA because I am Quick Draw McGraw. (My friends have me buy their tickets for them now.)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Do you just follow the pwg Twitter account for on sale dates/links?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Does Ian rotten still run iwa mid south because they're really close to me.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Do you just follow the pwg Twitter account for on sale dates/links?

Yup, Twitter is by far the best way of keeping up with PWG developments in general. I recommend turning notifications on.

Tickets always go on sale at 8 PM, usually on a Thursday night about a month before the show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bigass Moth posted:

Does Ian rotten still run iwa mid south because they're really close to me.
Kinda? Don't buy tickets unless you're at the door as the show is starting because I think he's run a couple scam shows where people bought tickets, he canceled, and they weren't refunded.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Hey, so, Shimmer 81 is happening tonight and it's literally a 20 minute walk from my apartment. It was the most conveniently located indie show I'd ever seen for someone who doesn't own a car, so I bought two GA tickets for my sister and I.

Just wanted to ask what should I expect, what are the mores, etc? This is both our first indie show (we previously went to the Raw in Chicago last year where Cesaro challenged Cena for the US title, and also there was a 15 minute R Truth/King Barrett match). It says bell time is at 8, so I assume arrive around seven? Anything else we should know?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Hey, so, Shimmer 81 is happening tonight and it's literally a 20 minute walk from my apartment. It was the most conveniently located indie show I'd ever seen for someone who doesn't own a car, so I bought two GA tickets for my sister and I.

Just wanted to ask what should I expect, what are the mores, etc?

Oil wrestling and Bra & Panties matches.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
A lot of fun, Shimmer is dope. (Even if their scheduling is still silly)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Just wanted to ask what should I expect, what are the mores, etc?

t-shirts tucked into belted jeans

shimmer is good. Long shows with good wrestling top to bottom

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Why hasn't ACH worked PWG more consistently? He seems like their kind of guy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Why hasn't ACH worked PWG more consistently? He seems like their kind of guy.

He was working with them pretty frequently not long ago, but they stopped booking him. I remember that he had heat with some wrestlers, but I'm not really sure why pwg stopped using him. People loved him.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Always
Catching
Heat

He get's poo poo on a lot for playing video games backstage all the time. Now with Roddy possibly gone they might start bringing him back because I think Roddy and Steen were the guys that gave him the most poo poo. You never hear good things about him backstage so I'm guessing he's just an antisocial guy that sticks to himself playing video games and doesn't really interact much with the other wrestlers.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 26, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think he is just a young nerd introvert kind of guy so he really doesn't know how to play the game. By all accounts he seems like a really nice dude.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I think he is just a young nerd introvert kind of guy so he really doesn't know how to play the game. By all accounts he seems like a really nice dude.

Yeah he's nice, comes off good in interviews and fan interactions, but like you said is not the typical backstage guy which can rub some people the wrong way. I think in one of the Kevin Steen Shows, Steen said that people don't hate him, but they don't like him either because he stays to himself.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://m.facebook.com/WillOspreay/photos/a.472834442782668.1073741825.363355667063880/1033081363424637

:ohdear:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 26, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

gently caress yes. This is the kind of poo poo I love about wrestling.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I hope they just steal each other's spots the whole match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vader is gonna kill him, then he'll take over his spot in New Japan and kill all the other flippy Juniors.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Someone's gonna have their bumping boots on - Vader will be there as well...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

Silas Young couldn't beat the anime out of him during Best in the World

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MagicCube posted:

Always
Catching
Heat

He get's poo poo on a lot for playing video games backstage all the time. Now with Roddy possibly gone they might start bringing him back because I think Roddy and Steen were the guys that gave him the most poo poo. You never hear good things about him backstage so I'm guessing he's just an antisocial guy that sticks to himself playing video games and doesn't really interact much with the other wrestlers.

I remember during some PWG matches he would call "Roddy!" over towards the bar and do one of Roderick's moves. I always thought it was because they were friends, but now that I know it was ACH loving with him that's way funnier.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

wrestling is so loving good

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Germansimp posted:

Vader is gonna kill him, then he'll take over his spot in New Japan and kill all the other flippy Juniors.

Would unironically love this

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Vader vs juniors sounds rad as gently caress.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
We'll see how much Vader holds the company up for money and refuses to do nearly everything.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Vader Is the best

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.
PROGRESS tonight was nuts.

Here is a video of Mark Haskins beating Johnny Gargano for the SMASH championship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WoYfiuILGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Vader is a fat sack of poo poo with a dumb lookin pee pee. Just like me.