Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tollymain posted:

abbadon posted a sneak peek of what allison's look for the next chapter is going to be, and also, a far future look

i think she might reach heaven through violence, guys

Where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Patreon for near future.
Here for possibly further in the future.

That image, which may be spoilery, was a secret on the page where Zoss declared that Alison is named Kill Six Billion Demons.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the patreon post also has a drawing of far future allison, without concealing shadows. she looks like she's hit Hard +3 at that point, easily

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

the patreon post also has a drawing of far future allison, without concealing shadows. she looks like she's hit Hard +3 at that point, easily

Whoa! I missed that link. Looks like our girl Alison has a hard life ahead of her.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
minor typos aside, the final installment of aesma and the red eyed king is fantastic

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
I love Aesma so much. I can't wait to hear about her dogventures.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Aesma and the Red King has a very satisfying punchline.

Still, I can't help but think that if the Red King allowed himself to be struck by the wheel, he might have actually succeeded in his apparent quest of destroying everything.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Schwarzwald posted:

Still, I can't help but think that if the Red King allowed himself to be struck by the wheel, he might have actually succeeded in his apparent quest of destroying everything.

It's entirely possible. That's why the King's desire to win and fear of losing were his undoing -- you can't tear through the cosmos with your terrible will if you're afraid of the universe being too hard for it.

If only he'd been enough of a furious dipshit to stand there and shout "COME ON IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH" at Aesma, he might've won.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 23, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

he was, as mentioned, an idiot

SpaceViking posted:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Poltergrift posted:

If only he'd been enough of a furious dipshit to stand there and shout "COME ON IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH" at Aesma, he might've won.

Aesma would have smacked him with YISUN after Creation Itself after that one. YISUN would have found it hilarious.

Just imagining Aesma holding Infinite YISUN like a baseball bat makes me :3:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SpaceViking posted:

It really ended on the highest possible note. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Archenteron posted:

Aesma would have smacked him with YISUN after Creation Itself after that one. YISUN would have found it hilarious.

Just imagining Aesma holding Infinite YISUN like a baseball bat makes me :3:

So you're saying she'd hit him with Creation Itself twice. :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The conclusion to this story was freaking great

I love how, even though Aesma is a horribly destructive idiot, she doesn't destroy for the sake of destroying so much as she destroys for dumb petty poo poo, which is why everyone keeps her around. When other horribly destructive idiots show up that are actively malicious, they can throw her at them.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Schwarzwald posted:

Victory, a hollow and ridiculous notion. A line graciously donated by the Darkest Dungeon finale.

SpaceViking posted:

I can't help but imagine that this leads her to creating humans by mistake.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

JT Jag posted:

The conclusion to this story was freaking great

I love how, even though Aesma is a horribly destructive idiot, she doesn't destroy for the sake of destroying so much as she destroys for dumb petty poo poo, which is why everyone keeps her around. When other horribly destructive idiots show up that are actively malicious, they can throw her at them.

It's not like they could get rid of her if they tried. Aesma is the Master of Want, and her burning will has no limits but its short attention span.

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

He also posted a "spoiler-y doodle" on twitter. This might or might not be the same thing as on patreon (I don't have access to his patreon).

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah it's the one

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
All Dogs Are Good Dogs. This is one of the universal truths of higher hierarchy, and, as such, is one of YISUN's names. Incidentally, the name of YISUN that is immediately consecutive to All Dogs Are Good Dogs (at least according to the standard order of incantation) is Aesma's Dog Is The Worst, Just Awful

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tollymain posted:

minor typos aside, the final installment of aesma and the red eyed king is fantastic

You ever been so mad you had to hit a motherfucker with another motherfucker?

Well Aesma was so mad she hit a motherfucker with ALL the motherfuckers.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That terrifying moment when they all realize that "Yes. Yes she is in fact stupid enough to do that."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I watched John Wick the other day and I can't help but hope for the sake of all creation no one hurts her dog.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think someone is about to have a very bad day.

We've seen this facial expression before.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
is Zoss only going to show up to talk poo poo about the Demiurges

because I'd be down for that

"Is Gog-Agog doing her stand-up routine again? I hate it. True royalty does not laugh at one's own jests. Ugh she's doing the "pick any job" bit. You must slay her where she stands, Alice-Un"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

YggiDee posted:

I think someone is about to have a very bad day.

We've seen this facial expression before.

The Sanctioned Action is to Cut.

Also, yeah, death only mildly inconvenienced Zoss.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
:unsmigghh: BURN THE WITCH :unsmigghh:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm skeptical that this is really Zoss, and Allison choosing to embrace power like this is going to lead to dark places. This whole Mottom thing screams foreshadowing. She's even embracing power via killing the same dude.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Man, where have I seen that shady "dissolving into leaves/big chunks of ash which then blow away" thing before?

Where someone does it on purpose I mean, not like that chump voldemort exploding at the end of Harry Potter.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Man, where have I seen that shady "dissolving into leaves/big chunks of ash which then blow away" thing before?

Where someone does it on purpose I mean, not like that chump voldemort exploding at the end of Harry Potter.

It's pretty common. The old turtle guy does it in Kung Fu Panda.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I'm skeptical that this is really Zoss, and Allison choosing to embrace power like this is going to lead to dark places. This whole Mottom thing screams foreshadowing. She's even embracing power via killing the same dude.

I don't think power is inherently bad in this story. It's been pretty repeatedly critical of those who do not have the courage to act, and per Zoss' explanation and our own observation Allison's power directly correlates to her willingness to take action. She's not "embracing" power, she's gaining power by virtue of doing.

Mottom is someone who embraced power and was defined by it, true power comes from defining the world and yourself.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 25, 2016

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't power is inherently bad in this story. It's been pretty repeatedly critical of those who do not have the courage to act, and per Zoss' explanation and our own observation Allison's power directly correlates to her willingness to take action. She's not "seizing" power, she's gaining power by virtue of doing.
All this Mottom backstory and the ridiculously intricate artwork that went into it is there for more than just making Mottom a cool and interesting character and foreshadowing seems like the most likely reason.

edit: re: your edit, that I can get and it may be the difference, but I think allison's going to a dark place before she goes to a good one and that its going to mirror mottom's journey

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

All this Mottom backstory and the ridiculously intricate artwork that went into it is there for more than just making Mottom a cool and interesting character and foreshadowing seems like the most likely reason.

edit: re: your edit, that I can get and it may be the difference, but I think allison's going to a dark place before she goes to a good one and that its going to mirror mottom's journey

This whole thing really reminds me a whoooole lot of Aldia's ruminations in Scholar of the First Sin.

Not one of the Demiurges is a true ruler. The universe has cut them a shape, and they fill it, but they do not wield names as Zoss did and Allison aspires to.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 25, 2016

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hail to the king.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if Zoss repeatedly using feminine pronouns when describing the "true ruler" and explicitly asking Allison if she's ready to be King yet will be enough to get some people to stop insisting that Zaid's actually the successor. I mean, I thought it was pretty explicit already, but Zoss outright telling her about how she can choose to be king isn't exactly subtle either.

Alternatively, besides characterizing Mottom, it's there so Allison can see the demiurges for the pathetic beings they are and choose to be something different, as Zoss is imploring her to do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

paragon1 posted:

That terrifying moment when they all realize that "Yes. Yes she is in fact stupid enough to do that."

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder if Zoss repeatedly using feminine pronouns when describing the "true ruler" and explicitly asking Allison if she's ready to be King yet will be enough to get some people to stop insisting that Zaid's actually the successor. I mean, I thought it was pretty explicit already, but Zoss outright telling her about how she can choose to be king isn't exactly subtle either.

Do you mean people in real life or in the comic? Because in-comic I don't think anyone else can see Zoss.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenebrais posted:

Do you mean people in real life or in the comic? Because in-comic I don't think anyone else can see Zoss.

The former.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Consider: Killing her husband was the last proper action Mottom has taken in her long, miserable life.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

:getin:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Allison burns the tree-husband. Mottom loses her poo poo and they start a fight, PERISH doesn't work. Something explodes, the two angels show up and thorn dude falls in love with Allison and now the party has 4 members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm still hoping for "hilarious anticlimax where Allison turns Juggernaut Star into ash," although that doesn't really lead up to a twenty-page action scene.