Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Truth Quark posted:

Why would there be multiple town-aligned bosses that's stupid.

Today better be one of Infinitum/dongs imo, and my money is on songs.

Also we really should be careful with that ability because trading three townies for one scum is not worth.

we grow stronger when other bosses die so we're basically backups in a sort of way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

? why would i claim if i werent town aligned

Why would you claim now with pretty much 0 pressure on you?

The heat is currently pointed towards Glowku and SSV.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

b/c if i dont claim now no ones gonna believe theres at least two town bossi

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i kinda regretted it afterwards tbh but hey, adahn1986 makes me toasty enough to make another misplay, just classic mafia

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This is a super weird move on dongs part

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Well bosses sound like a particularly important mechanic so I'm glad we have two of them outed already.

HEY INFINITUM, IF dongs is right and it is possible for there to be multiple town-aligned bosses, why did you out another town player as a lynch candidate? Why is it worth killing not scum today?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote since its obviously not mayor scumku.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why the gently caress would there be 2 bosses?

:psyduck:

There's only 1 town-boss.

My boss.

He's in the slammer.

And his name is Al Capone.

:colbert:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lesley winters lives 4ever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Truth Quark posted:

HEY INFINITUM, IF dongs is right and it is possible for there to be multiple town-aligned bosses, why did you out another town player as a lynch candidate? Why is it worth killing not scum today?

How the hell would I know who other town is N0?..

The gently caress is this post?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Dongs is claiming to be a boss with the same power as you buddy

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote dongs this claim makes no sense

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm trying to make sense of the claims you guys are making, I feel like you can shed more light on whether dongs is FULL OF poo poo or not than you are currently providing Inf.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

idk what doesnt make sense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Truth Quark posted:

Dongs is claiming to be a boss with the same power as you buddy

Dongs is also claiming he's a boss as well.

Prettttty sure there's only 1 boss in the Outfit mate.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I am too but I would rather hear it from you, who has read your own role PM.

Not asking you to claim anything just asking you to confirm it. ##vote dipshit mcgee

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

bossi are presumably al capones lieutenants, and probably a mole or two, after the poo poo went down.

we can snoop around to figure out who else is a boss. we also have access to another ~secret power~ atm and when other bossi die, we get power. presumably we all get power. infi claim cuz hes a dumb power whore.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

idk what doesnt make sense

How the gently caress there would be 2 bosses?

##vote Dongsbot

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

well jeez you stupid fucker maybe the fact that podima says theres multiple bossi in the pm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

one of podima's explicit design policies for shine i was to prevent mechanics lynching by messing w/ setup spec and i cant believe there r people dumb enough to go "oh no the role is called BOSS guess that means theres only 1, the unforced day 1 claim by dongsbot 9000, the best mafia player in the whole world, must mean he's scum"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Li Dawny posted:

I think Dongs would have to send me a message saying 'I am scum, it's alright to vote for me' before I would. And I'm pretty close to the same with AR. They're both really good players who I try and emulate to a certain extent. Glowku hasn't been playing much so I'm not sure how to interpret his actions, and SSV has heavy lurked in multiple games recently. However, I don't remember Infinitum being helpful in any game I've played with him, so I'm not sure if he's being truthful or trying to pull some insane gambit hoping that us townies never catch on.

This is an odd reaction afaic

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like literally the entire role (minus one part) is that bosses become stronger when other bosses die pretend its not called boss why couldnt / wouldnt there be multiple bossi per game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Why would there be multiple town-aligned bosses that's stupid.

Today better be one of Infinitum/dongs imo, and my money is on songs.

Also we really should be careful with that ability because trading three townies for one scum is not worth.

Also a strange leap of logic, I'm very suspicious of anyone who is gunning for Inf right now.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

in fact, im gonna say w/ my ice-cold dongsbot 9000 setup spec (never wrong) that theres prolly only one scum team but we still might see 3 nks this first night assuming none are blocked

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well this just got interesting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well this is a hell of a thing to wake up to this morning.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP looks the worst for coming in and immediately:

-going hard against Inf without any sort of commitment to it
-shrugg him off and dismissing him with a lol when that tact didn't get traction
-vanishing

##vote JakeP

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i did a snoop and found boss in absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat

absurd were on both me and infis list but i think that might be a coincidence

im a lil suspect of aa or an who both voted me i wouldnt be surprised to find out that one of them is the scum mole boss

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sorry, adahn1986 and an

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

one of podima's explicit design policies for shine i was to prevent mechanics lynching by messing w/ setup spec and i cant believe there r people dumb enough to go "oh no the role is called BOSS guess that means theres only 1, the unforced day 1 claim by dongsbot 9000, the best mafia player in the whole world, must mean he's scum"

You're not wrong, it would have to be a hell of a gambit for you to be scum.

You're saying that we have multiple town aligned players who objective is to get other town aligned players killed. I am finding that hard to believe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to bed, as it's 2am in Aussie land. Lookin' forward to 20 pages of thread to read in the morning, especially curious to see what Dongs does :toot:

Quidnose posted:

JakeP looks the worst for coming in and immediately:

-going hard against Inf without any sort of commitment to it
-shrugg him off and dismissing him with a lol when that tact didn't get traction
-vanishing

##vote JakeP

Agreeing with this.
Felt super odd.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think the role pm is pushing us to think that way (must kill other bosses) for sick lols but i think the purpose in game balance is to put power roles into the game with a disguised backup system

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hope podima is pulling his hair out in obbsdoc totally shocked at how good i am at setup spec

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I dunno, thought bosses showing up in infin's list were described as "taking over the outfit" and therefore one of the scum teams. I think by definition it wouldn't pick up a town - aligned "boss", right? Also godfather is necessarily a scum role. It's scum that invests as town.

Makes zero sense.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I trust in the almighty dong and believe in him.

You know who I think is scum?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Turbos are a good idea

dongs is always never forever scum

This is a super weird move on dongs part

##vote dongs this claim makes no sense

Nailed it

##vote anarc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, that's some stuff.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Also a strange leap of logic, I'm very suspicious of anyone who is gunning for Inf right now.

I don't know if I buy this Quid because Inf is still suspicious.

I read his post last night and I was pretty suspect of it because: a) it seems pretty powerful for every night ability, b) it's pretty dumb to claim it immediately (even with a result) and c) it's pretty lucky to pick 4 random people and get a positive result on N0.

I'd think if I was in Infs shoes, I'd let D1 play out and try to direct the vote towards any one of the 4 players he picked without claiming. Then regardless of the outcome, I'd recheck 2 of the players during N1 so D2 would either be a 50/50 chance of lynching a boss or possibly a guaranteed scum lynch if one of the players got lynched on D1.

If there is more than one scum kill tonight, then Inf is almost certainly a dead man because the doctor can only protect from one kill during the night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nevermind, read the OP more carefully and it does suggest that their could be a town - aligned boss.

##unvote

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
dongs is probably right about the setup spec, the information in my role pm was pretty light and I trust hin

he is not right, however, that I am scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, I should probably go ahead and ##unvote since it was a joke vote and apparently we are really playing the game now.

• Locked thread