Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm vacillating like a madman here but after reading infin and the OP a few times, unless infin is jerking us around and misreading the results dongs is actually claiming to be a scum godfather.

If infin finds a list of bosses that is "trying to take over the outfit" then one of them MUST be a scum godfather. Gonna withhold my vote and let others weigh in, but if we're wrong on this dongs is gonna get doctored every night and we're gonna kick ourselves for being duped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Absurd Revolver posted:

dongs is probably right about the setup spec, the information in my role pm was pretty light and I trust hin

he is not right, however, that I am scum
Are you claiming that you are indeed a rival boss?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
oh lol rereading my pm i dont think i shouldve claimed

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ill just clarify whats going on again b/c hey why not lets put every1 on the same page

there are x # of players who are bosses in this game. i believe there can be town-aligned bosses, scum-aligned bosses, and itd be weird, but maybe even a 3p boss.

every night, bosses can submit a list to podima. if anyone on that list is also a boss, we receive a positive result.

we have another command at night that i'll keep on the dl atm.

*rereading my pm, if all the other bosses die, the last remaining boss gets rewarded. i hope theres another outfit-aligned boss around who does not claim cuz i suspect if theres a scum boss theyre just gonna take out me and then infi so they could activate their boss.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i originally thought every boss death makes all the bosses incrementally stronger but i dont think bosses change until all the other bosses die (and hence one boss is crowned)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
So infin and dongs are BOTH bosses and by definition we need to lynch one today, am I getting that right?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
who will be the biggest boss of them all?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Adahn1986 posted:

So infin and dongs are BOTH bosses and by definition we need to lynch one today, am I getting that right?

what why?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

I trust in the almighty dong and believe in him.

You know who I think is scum?

Nailed it

##vote anarc

ah yes 2 joke phase posts and me thinking dongs is scum. very scummy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

Or we lynch neither of them because dongs is saying that the last boss alive gets a reward. So it's probably a better idea to try to keep them both alive for the time being.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

can we just vote adahn1986

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok so i think we should lynch infi because i dont think hes a town boss i think hes a scum boss that told us his results to try and garner favor while throwing shade on 4 people

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh and the last thing, my win-con is the exact same as normal town win-con, no modifiers. i dont need to be big boss to win.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i didnt mean to say lynch actually i just meant i dont like infinitum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

ah yes 2 joke phase posts and me thinking dongs is scum. very scummy.

What is joke phase?

We post seriously all the time in mafia.

You advocated a turbo which is scummy, then you tunneled on dongs. (lol)

Kill this scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
both in this game and as a person

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Adahn1986 posted:

They both claimed boss but you'd need to explain why you think we need to lynch one of them today.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

as a reminder, i had a positive boss result within

Absurd Revolver
Adahn1986
Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig
curiousCat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

theory: adahn1986 is the scum boss who wants to lynch one of us today and nk the other so he becomes big boss

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ok so i think we should lynch infi because i dont think hes a town boss i think hes a scum boss that told us his results to try and garner favor while throwing shade on 4 people

I was thinking this. If infin is a scum boss, he gets 4 town lynches out of his reveal. That's a huge step ahead for the scum team.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

VivaNova posted:

Are you claiming that you are indeed a rival boss?

no i'm way more boring than that

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also as a META READ infinitum's the kind of player to do something like that imho

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Serioustalk though, whats with all these loving bosses? this game is weird.

Lets kill all the bosses, it is the bosses who have been oppressing us for far too long!

Down with the system!

We want a prohibition communism!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

theory: adahn1986 is the scum boss who wants to lynch one of us today and nk the other so he becomes big boss

Not only am I not a boss, I don't even have a shine role.

Yaaaaay.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no its adahn1986

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

I was thinking this. If infin is a scum boss, he gets 4 town lynches out of his reveal. That's a huge step ahead for the scum team.

Do you really think that is how it would play out?

Don't you think we'd expect Inf to try to 'clear' at least 2 of the players on his list during N1 if he lived through the night?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i would said vote for dongsbot 9000 for outfit boss but i should actually say the opposite of that

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

adahn is either trying to do his disingenous scum technique (meta recall: in gbs trumpgame, he was, uh, really bad at scum, to be generous) or hes just being his regular dumb-rear end town technique why dont we just lynch him and find out

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Adahn1986 posted:

He prolly just wanted the other boss dead tho. If its like dongs said, its not indicative of alignment.

Adahn1986 posted:

That's weird.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

adahn is either trying to do his disingenous scum technique (meta recall: in gbs trumpgame, he was, uh, really bad at scum, to be generous) or hes just being his regular dumb-rear end town technique why dont we just lynch him and find out

Look at this boss, trying to boss us around!

Down with bosses!

##vote dongs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Do you really think that is how it would play out?

Don't you think we'd expect Inf to try to 'clear' at least 2 of the players on his list during N1 if he lived through the night?

You can't "clear" a godfather, which is what I believe he suggested. Without dongs coming out and explaining his role, we'd lunch all four before realizing there wasn't a scum GF in the bunch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why does adahn1986 get to say stupid poo poo like "dongs is claiming to be scum godfather or infi is going to make us lynch town 4 times if we dont stop him" and literally every1 falls over themselves to say "oh adahn1986, once you get used to the style, youll be really good" at the end of games

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Basically says a bunch of rival families are trying to muscle their way into Capone's turf now that he's been locked up.

The way it's worded is that I return results on Bosses only. So I can likely only find the Godfather of the scum team, and if there are any 3P Bosses like a Masonry.

Read this. He was trying to mislead us, knowing that the only way to prove him wrong was for another boss to out themselves. The only boss that would risk that would be a town boss, because the other scum boss would be fine with a pile of townies being lynched.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

What is joke phase?

We post seriously all the time in mafia.

You advocated a turbo which is scummy, then you tunneled on dongs. (lol)

Kill this scum.

I did not advocate a turbo. I sarcastically said that turbos are a good idea. If I had actually been pro-turbo, I would have voted.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Can we kill CPig for trying to extend joke phase?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Adahn1986 posted:

I dont like this, not just because it's naively assuming nothing will change for the next 4 days but also because it is a huge extension from "throwing shade", like flerp said, to "getting 4 town lynches".

So, given that that's not a real benefit, I don't really understand where the scum motivation would be in revealing the boss mechanic.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

can we kill adahn1986 for all his bad posts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

Yaaaaay.

so You're a normal PR?

##vote Adahn

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why does adahn1986 get to say stupid poo poo like "dongs is claiming to be scum godfather or infi is going to make us lynch town 4 times if we dont stop him" and literally every1 falls over themselves to say "oh adahn1986, once you get used to the style, youll be really good" at the end of games

Dude I don't have your role PM just infin's misleading post and the OP. I think he's a scum boss who thought he found another scum boss. He's thinking, "Hey, I'll kill townies, another boss, get some cred, and coast to LYLO." The problem is he found you and royally screwed himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

Can we kill CPig for trying to extend joke phase?

I would recommend reading my entire mafia post history. I think you will find that I never joke.

• Locked thread