Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

so You're a normal PR?

##vote Adahn

Lol I can't visit other players in any way or collect any kind of useful information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol yeah, I think Adahn is scum. 40% meta 50% his posts 10% shine I knowledge

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

lol yeah, I think Adahn is scum. 40% meta 50% his posts 10% shine I knowledge

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think Dongs just turned infin's gambit on himself. If Infin were himself a town boss, he wouldn't have lied and said he could only detect rival godfathers. I really think he was hoping he found a rival scum boss to kill and gain town cred, but now he's boned. Town lynches are a happy side effect that he was all too happy to encourage when he wanted to see everyone turning on each other.

##vote infinitum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
if ppl want to capitalize a letter in my name can they abbreviate it as DB9K or perhaps doNgS or just anything but Dongs.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

So my ability is each night I can ##snoop on a list of players (As many as I want) and I get told if any of them are rival bosses trying to take over the outfit.

I got a positive result on my investigation~

:siren: At least ONE of these 4 players is a rival boss! :siren:

:getin:

Where does he say gf?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Khal Dongo is what i named the the fire pig in pokemon black ill go w/ that

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if ppl want to capitalize a letter in my name can they abbreviate it as DB9K or perhaps doNgS or just anything but Dongs.

Bacon bit or penismachine 8999 are the only acceptable named.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Basically says a bunch of rival families are trying to muscle their way into Capone's turf now that he's been locked up.

The way it's worded is that I return results on Bosses only. So I can likely only find the Godfather of the scum team, and if there are any 3P Bosses like a Masonry.

Just quoted this, but note that by suggesting he can only find a scum godfather, cops can't clear anyone on his list. Pretty insidious if he's a town boss.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

Just quoted this, but note that by suggesting he can only find a scum godfather, cops can't clear anyone on his list. Pretty insidious if he's a town boss.

Seems like he and you are making setup spec more than anything. I think his interpretation of his role is wrong and bad, but your play seems worse.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still not really sure what to think, but inf does come off looking a bit worse for misleading about his ability/role. I'd kinda like to hear more from him on that in light of everything dong has said.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Your claim is incredibly odd and seems misplaced. Especially since jokephase is over

##vote dongs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

King Burgundy posted:

I'm still not really sure what to think, but inf does come off looking a bit worse for misleading about his ability/role. I'd kinda like to hear more from him on that in light of everything dong has said.
same.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Your claim is incredibly odd and seems misplaced. Especially since jokephase is over

##vote dongs

really?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

VivaNova posted:

same.

really?

You have to give me some content to respond to. I have no idea what you are talking about

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Seems like he and you are making setup spec more than anything. I think his interpretation of his role is wrong and bad, but your play seems worse.

Setup spec? He didn't claim to be a boss himself, it's only because of dongs that we know he is one. By saying he can find scum godfathers, we can't investigate his claims and prove any of them innocent.

Now we know he's a boss, and that he told a few lies to get this ball rolling. Dongs coming out saves unnecessary (potential) town lynches (SSV, glowku, AR) which is a super townie move.

There are a lot of scummy smells coming from infin now because of dongs. Maybe I'm misreading, though. What's your interpretation besides OMGUS ##vote

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote starting to see what other people are saying now

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Adahn1986 posted:

Setup spec? He didn't claim to be a boss himself, it's only because of dongs that we know he is one. By saying he can find scum godfathers, we can't investigate his claims and prove any of them innocent.

Now we know he's a boss, and that he told a few lies to get this ball rolling. Dongs coming out saves unnecessary (potential) town lynches (SSV, glowku, AR) which is a super townie move.

There are a lot of scummy smells coming from infin now because of dongs. Maybe I'm misreading, though. What's your interpretation besides OMGUS ##vote

This is true, and it will look very bad for me if infi is scum but I think dongs is scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hmmm interesting thought

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Adahn you sure swapped fast between these two posts

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm vacillating like a madman here but after reading infin and the OP a few times, unless infin is jerking us around and misreading the results dongs is actually claiming to be a scum godfather.

If infin finds a list of bosses that is "trying to take over the outfit" then one of them MUST be a scum godfather. Gonna withhold my vote and let others weigh in, but if we're wrong on this dongs is gonna get doctored every night and we're gonna kick ourselves for being duped.

Adahn1986 posted:

Adahn seems to be organically thinking things through and just posting his thoughts as they come up. I do this to. I read him as town.

piggy posted:

there are x # of players who are bosses in this game. i believe there can be town-aligned bosses, scum-aligned bosses, and itd be weird, but maybe even a 3p boss.

I feel like the nature of a "boss" precludes the existence of multiple bosses on one team, we should be looking very closely at Infinitum and dongsbot because one of them is probably scum.

Now to go back and re-read Inf's original claim.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Li Dawny posted:

Would be hard since imgay is not in this game

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

Ugh, I need more sleep. Ignore this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I definitely don't want infin turboed while he's gone, but of the two bosses I see dongbot's play as way more town than infin's. If he were a town boss he probably wouldn't have come right out, knowing that godfathers investigate as town and his actions will likely result in mislynches.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tbf ive been wanting to say ima boss since i read my role pm

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

I definitely don't want infin turboed while he's gone, but of the two bosses I see dongbot's play as way more town than infin's. If he were a town boss he probably wouldn't have come right out, knowing that godfathers investigate as town and his actions will likely result in mislynches.

But if he were scum he'd assume the town boss would CC. This is the problem with WIFOM

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

But if he were scum he'd assume the town boss would CC. This is the problem with WIFOM

I reaaaalllly think he was hoping he hit the jackpot and got the other scum team's boss. So he gets the other GF lynched, gains massive town cred, and gets a doc on him until endgame.

Good play unless what happened happens.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok so re-reading the way Inf presented his claim, it does seem a bit off. First, his initial post doesn't mention anything other than his snoop ability. He presents it as if he found a list with at least ONE non-town aligned player. Dongsbot claims his ability has the same name and only finds rival bosses to himself (am I reading that right?). So, right off the bat Inf is misrepresenting his ability as some kind of multi-cop thing.

Infinitum posted:

Basically says a bunch of rival families are trying to muscle their way into Capone's turf now that he's been locked up.

The way it's worded is that I return results on Bosses only. So I can likely only find the Godfather of the scum team, and if there are any 3P Bosses like a Masonry.

Again, if we assume dongs is telling the truth, then this post misrepresents what this ability actually does. It's still possible that, if Inf is a town boss, then he just interpreted his ability as finding anti-town bosses, but that would require that he know there are no duplicate bosses. Not to mention, Inf immediately assumes that the scum boss has to be a godfather. Its not a HUGE leap of logic to assume that, but its there.

Its also interesting to note that both dongs and Inf have posited the existence of 3p bosses. I think they know more that we aren't being told.

Interested to hear others thoughts on Inf. Going to do a re-read of dongs next.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, dongs coming out is insanely risky. In a shine game like this one of the scum teams might have an assassin.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima give me day vig.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, dongs coming out is insanely risky. In a shine game like this one of the scum teams might have an assassin.

How do you know there are multiple scum teams?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

How do you know there are multiple scum teams?

Old shine game, and this one has 24 players.

Yes, it's an assumption but without multiple night kills this game will take forever and scum will have a rough time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

In not even sure this is true but either way I don't think it's a salient point at all and I'm also not impressed with the rest of your posting

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is an assassin a strongman in your parlance, adahn1986

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Adahn1986 posted:

Old shine game, and this one has 24 players.

Yes, it's an assumption but without multiple night kills this game will take forever and scum will have a rough time.

Fbi found

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I just read the mafia wiki and an assassin is a mafia role that bypasses protective roles, I think. Someone might have it as a shine power, since a lot of shine abilities are overpowered.

Speculating wildly, of course.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Assassin's generally aren't strong. They are more sneaky and devious but I get your point

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok here comes the dongsbutt read

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i was going to use my alternative boss power to kill infi but then i thought about it and infi is probably another outfit-aligned boss

First obviously non-joke posts after Inf presents his results. Also the first post where dongs claims there can be multiple outfit-aligned bosses. This doesn't read to me as a town reaction, because if I had a specific role as town that another player was claiming my first instinct would be to counterclaim them, not make excuses for why there might be two.

Also he's calling people dumb who put forward perfectly reasonable ideas, which is scum 101.

Here's one question I have

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i think the role pm is pushing us to think that way (must kill other bosses) for sick lols but i think the purpose in game balance is to put power roles into the game with a disguised backup system

If you think bosses are some kind of elaborate backup system, presumably your PM indicates what kind of powers you can gain when you "level up"?

Of the two (inf and dongs), I have a stronger scum ping on dongs, but its not by much.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Adahn1986 posted:

I just read the mafia wiki and an assassin is a mafia role that bypasses protective roles, I think. Someone might have it as a shine power, since a lot of shine abilities are overpowered.

Speculating wildly, of course.

My shine power isn't overpowered. Is yours?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im just gonna leak the last bit of the boss role b/c what the heck why not and maybe itll make the scum not nk me tonight (said dongsbot 9000, selfishly) but all bossi can submit a name to podima who then gives the list to another guy who chooses to merc one of those individuals

so theres at least 2 nk until that guy gets found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i misread my pm its not a level up system as we kill more bossi its just that the last boss standing gets a boon

• Locked thread