Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why do people in this thread keep thinking that there can't possibly be multiple town roles like "boss" when we had much the same thought about brewers in the first game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Truth Quark posted:

Ok here comes the dongsbutt read

First obviously non-joke posts after Inf presents his results. Also the first post where dongs claims there can be multiple outfit-aligned bosses. This doesn't read to me as a town reaction, because if I had a specific role as town that another player was claiming my first instinct would be to counterclaim them, not make excuses for why there might be two.

Also he's calling people dumb who put forward perfectly reasonable ideas, which is scum 101.

Here's one question I have

If you think bosses are some kind of elaborate backup system, presumably your PM indicates what kind of powers you can gain when you "level up"?

Of the two (inf and dongs), I have a stronger scum ping on dongs, but its not by much.

Ty for being on my side

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mayor Glowku posted:

My shine power isn't overpowered. Is yours?

Lol no shine power for me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Truth Quark posted:

Ok here comes the dongsbutt read

First obviously non-joke posts after Inf presents his results. Also the first post where dongs claims there can be multiple outfit-aligned bosses. This doesn't read to me as a town reaction, because if I had a specific role as town that another player was claiming my first instinct would be to counterclaim them, not make excuses for why there might be two.

Also he's calling people dumb who put forward perfectly reasonable ideas, which is scum 101.

Here's one question I have

If you think bosses are some kind of elaborate backup system, presumably your PM indicates what kind of powers you can gain when you "level up"?

Of the two (inf and dongs), I have a stronger scum ping on dongs, but its not by much.

i am not a slave to my instinct like u, fool

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i am not a slave to my instinct like u, fool

lol you only play by instinct, dont try this poo poo with me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, as much as I am always engage in setup spec, it seems particularly dumb to do it early on D1 when Podima did a lot of poo poo in the first game to mess with setup spec and almost certainly did the same thing in this game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i mean honestly whats the point of having two bosses: one town, one scum, whoever finds the other one gets a boon

i cant think of the right word from game design but its so tilty, if the scum mercs the town boss first, scum gets 2 nks (uncontested boss submission) + another boon

thats bad game design and i trust in podimas ability to design games. once i thought about it more, im convinced theres multiple town bossi cuz the boss role is p stupid otherwise

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

of course my first instinct was to call infi scum but i thought about it a lil before i figured it out

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

heres a protip for game design for future game mods: its more fun to put the same power role a coupla times than to have multiple different power roles cuz it fucks w/ ppl's heads its the new meta of game design

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

of course my first instinct was to call infi scum but i thought about it a lil before i figured it out

to clarify, i was originally going to just let glowku get lynched or whatever and submit infis name to the kill list and hope my henchboy agreed w/ me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Why do people in this thread keep thinking that there can't possibly be multiple town roles like "boss" when we had much the same thought about brewers in the first game?

Agreed. We wasted time chasing people based on role claims last game and I think it's stupid to go down this path again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Make a case on dongs that isn't based on role speculation and maybe I'll listen

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It's also stupid to treat this game as if its going work out exactly like last time. It won't, the setup is clearly different already with the boss mechanic. The case against dongs (and Inf) does not rely just on setup spec, there are reasons outside of the counterclaim.

That said, I don't feel strongly enough about to push it to the exclusion of other options. Feel free to make cases on others and maybe I'll listen.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I also feel obligated to point out that this is day 1, you aren't going to find some master quote-heavy case against someone. Right now I feel like the Inf/Dongs thing is the best lead, and have yet to see anything compelling on anyone else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont understand why ppl want to vote me

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like i legitimately cant understand why anyone would look at what ive posted and be like "this guy is scum"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like i legitimately cant understand why anyone would look at what ive posted and be like "this guy is scum"

I hope you appreciate that I don't think you're scum and think infin's move is scummy play even though it means my name is gonna end up on the merc list every night.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yeah adahn1986 i really do appreciate it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nice to feel the love in here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But to be frank I don't know if I buy the love from Adahn however, I think he is phony

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

But to be frank I don't know if I buy the love from Adahn however, I think he is phony

You can join AA on the OMGUS bus and vote me if you like. idgaf

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nice to feel the love in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QyCxVkXwQ

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

adahn always seems phony tbh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

:agreed:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Adahn1986 posted:

You can join AA on the OMGUS bus and vote me if you like. idgaf

Lol friendo, I didn't make an omgus on you, and acting all haughty about it is bizarre.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Adahn you're usually a very smart player, and you've made some amazing calls. But you're also really abrasive and people are willing to vote for you just for that.

Let's not lynch adahn when he's proven to be great at analyzing the mid-late game, at least until we're actually kinda sorta sure he's scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why do ppl call adahn smart

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

whats one sick read hes had that changed a game

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

his great reads are always that im town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sorry, I'll try to be less abrasive, but if people are just going to come in here and call me an idiot without backing it up, how am I supposed to react except by being dismissive?

Anywho, when dongs suggested there could be more than 1 town boss, infin immediately jumped on dongs and voted him.

Dongs is open to the possibility, infin is not. I think Dongs is very cautious about the potential killing of another town boss, whereas infin is willing to kill another boss regardless of there alignment, hoping they are scum and that he can get town cred.

That's my read anyways. Barring personality differences, dongs and infin are giving me different alignment reads.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wow look case in point

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think adahn is being particularly abrasive, but it's a weird reaction he has to his votes with little to no heat.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

whats one sick read hes had that changed a game

That's the issue, his reads are usually very good once there's enough material to work with, but the way he presents them makes people turn against him instead.

I guess since I've been scum/mod in a lot of games with him lately, Drawrof in particular he nailed me and Podima right away. He's good at theory, not so great at being effective with that theory.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
dongs are you scum y/n

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't think adahn is being particularly abrasive, but it's a weird reaction he has to his votes with little to no heat.

I simply get annoyed by empty statements. If you want to say something, back it up, or back off. Defend infinitum for real, AA.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Actually dongs, you had that same issue in Disney Princess, where you were absolutely correct but got lynched anyway and the town lost.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was actually typing a gigantic list of blunders adahn1986 has made but its fairly impolite to do such a thing when i dont have any reason to do so in this game so ill drop the argument

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Eh, I should lay off him anyways while he's not around to defend himself. Maybe this is all a big misunderstanding and he and dongs are going to be the best of friends!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i was actually typing a gigantic list of blunders adahn1986 has made but its fairly impolite to do such a thing when i dont have any reason to do so in this game so ill drop the argument

We're even now after ferngully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is this gonna be another 1 of those games where nothing happens day 1 and everyone just lynches someone they dont really wanna lynch cuz there arent any cases on anyone else

• Locked thread