Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I keep thinking they're going to have to tone Robin's insanity down at some point, and they keep finding ways to ratchet it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rand Brittain posted:

I keep thinking they're going to have to tone Robin's insanity down at some point, and they keep finding ways to ratchet it up.

I know, time machines!

I can't believe that plain (basically) worked, every time.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of ironic that in an episode trying to focus on the ladies, the time machine thing was easily the best part.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I want to know the time travel plan that resulted in the bizzaro Titans getting captured.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This might be the first episode I didn't enjoy. The time travel part was fantastic, but most of the jokes felt like they were outsourced from worse shows, and the "girls rule boys drool" theme was far more heavy handed than in other episodes like the first 2 Girl's Night Out. They also kept forcing reaction jokes like they were desperate to hit the gif-quota and you kept ending up with shots that went on longer than necessary and felt really isolated from the rest. Shame they spent a two-parter on this.

Fake Edit: Apparently this episode was written by Ben Gruber, who also wrote two more episodes of the show, Hose Water and Two Bumblebees And A Wasp, which were two great episodes. Guess it's a hit or miss with this guy.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I will say that this show can put out some pretty good fight scenes when it puts its mind to it, which is kind of surprising for a gag show animated in flash.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I didn't think that 2 parter was that bad, although I would have preferred just one episode where the guys were trying too hard to be gentlemen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It feels like maybe they had to make a two parter to pair it with the PPG not-really-a-two-parter for Memorial Day.

Like, PPG was not a 2 parter at all. It was a rerun and a sequel to that episode.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Guess who's joining Lego Dimensions!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You know when you look at something, and despite not being interested in it you just know that you would have freaked the gently caress out over it as a kid? That game gives me that feeling. :allears:

Cobalt Zeroni
Feb 15, 2015
A TTG-brand Pokemon-like game for phones and whatnot just came out, courtesy of the devs of the Steven Universe RPG. Still just getting into it at the moment, but the battle system seems pretty interesting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NATURE'S CANDY

"It's ok."

A WONDERFUL FOOD ITEM

"Even without the maple syrup."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TTG continues with the worst messages.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man old Starfire saying hey cats would eat her was pretty dark

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

As soon as Robin pulled out the motorcycle I realized what was going to happen and went :stare:

Amazing

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
That was super dark and sinister at the end. I think I've finally figured TTG out though, it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but for kids.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Megaspel posted:

That was super dark and sinister at the end. I think I've finally figured TTG out though, it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but for kids.

I have been telling people this for months but they never believe me.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Cobalt Zeroni posted:

A TTG-brand Pokemon-like game for phones and whatnot just came out, courtesy of the devs of the Steven Universe RPG. Still just getting into it at the moment, but the battle system seems pretty interesting.

You didn't mention the best part which is that they got George Takei to supply the voice of Mr. Chibi.

The game's pretty fun too for a Pokemon-alike, and is pretty true to the spirit of the show.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ignored this show for a long time and thought it looked kind of bad from early commercials and stuff. Ended up watching a few eps after being stuck in a hotel room with nothing better to do, and really regret not watching it earlier.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zerilan posted:

Ignored this show for a long time and thought it looked kind of bad from early commercials and stuff. Ended up watching a few eps after being stuck in a hotel room with nothing better to do, and really regret not watching it earlier.

Buddy you are in for a treat. What episodes did you watch?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

Buddy you are in for a treat. What episodes did you watch?

Robin training Beast Boy as a ninja for a mission to go get an egg sandwich, and the Titans saving themselves from old age.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't forget the PPG crossover special, aka "Boy, this is awkward, huh Tara?" airs on Thursday.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Megaspel posted:

Except it's a cartoon so instead of just ruining their personal and financial lives the characters can actually get killed for their bad decisions over and over again.

Case in point: Both It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Teen Titans Go have had episodes where the main characters are put on trial for their terrible behavior. In It's Always Sunny the characters get off because of a mistrial, in TTG the characters are convicted and executed.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 25, 2016

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zerilan posted:

Robin training Beast Boy as a ninja for a mission to go get an egg sandwich, and the Titans saving themselves from old age.

Oh yeah, those are the two latest ones. You should watch the one called One Trick Pony, or the one called Finally a Lesson. Those are both fantastic.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

Oh yeah, those are the two latest ones. You should watch the one called One Trick Pony, or the one called Finally a Lesson. Those are both fantastic.

I'll probably start from the beginning and work my way through. From what I can tell the series seems to progressively ramp up from relatively tame to more ridiculous as it goes on.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Pretty much: after a certain point it figures that it will never please hardcore fans of the series, so it decides to troll the ever-loving poo poo out of them and it;s amazing.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Tried to share this show with my girlfriend, she loves Beavis and Butthead, American Dad, Archer, thought she'd enjoy this too. First episode that was on had Cyborg launching dogs at the other Titans. She was mauled by a dog once and didn't appreciate that, so I won't be watching this show now ... :sigh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up, my dvr wasn't gonna record the PPG/TTG crossover because it's called something else so you might need to manually set it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You forgot to mention the totally awesome name for this event "The Teen Titans Go! and Powerpuff Girls Completely Organic Crossover Special"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

My Q-Face posted:

Tried to share this show with my girlfriend, she loves Beavis and Butthead, American Dad, Archer, thought she'd enjoy this too. First episode that was on had Cyborg launching dogs at the other Titans. She was mauled by a dog once and didn't appreciate that, so I won't be watching this show now ... :sigh:

At least you aren't that guy in the Rick and Morty thread that tried to get his dad into R&M with the episode that had the Jelly Bean rape scene.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Megaspel posted:

Robin = Dennis
Cyborg = Mac
BB = Charlie
Raven = Frank
Starfire = Dee

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Robin = Dennis
Cyborg = Mac
BB = Charlie
Raven = Frank
Starfire = Dee

I see where you are coming from but I disagree with your last three matches:

Robin = Dennis (both are literal psychopaths with control issues)
Cyborg = Mac (loud and annoying)
Beast Boy = Frank (disgusting trolls who don't care what other people think about them)
Raven = Dee (massive anger issues and frequently are buzzkills)
Starfire = Charlie (sweet, innocent and appear dumb to others due to their ignorance)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

My Q-Face posted:

...do you need your girlfriend to approve things you watch? :psyduck:

God of Evil Cows posted:

Beast Boy = Frank (disgusting trolls who don't care what other people think about them)

This is a bit tenuous, I'd say. BB isn't nearly as disgusting as Frank and he certainly cares what Raven thinks of him, at the very least.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This is a bit tenuous, I'd say. BB isn't nearly as disgusting as Frank and he certainly cares what Raven thinks of him, at the very least.

Fair point about Raven, but BB's room is filled with literal mountains of hot garbage.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...do you need your girlfriend to approve things you watch? :psyduck:

It's a small apartment. Considering that we pretty much only watch tv when we're together, it's kind of important, yeah.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Maybe catch an episode with her without dog launchings? I mean, you said she likes Archer and American Dad and pretty sure "a character is attacked by dogs" happens in both.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Okay, I laughed at Sonic snatching the One Ring away from Gollum.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

I can't believe how many IPs Lego have access to. I'm sure in 1000 years all media will be in the form of legos. Also make sure you say 'legos' as much as possible because they absolutely hate that.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just saw the 80s music video episode for the first time and it was amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

God of Evil Cows posted:

I see where you are coming from but I disagree with your last three matches:

Robin = Dennis (both are literal psychopaths with control issues)
Cyborg = Mac (loud and annoying)
Raven = Dee (massive anger issues and frequently are buzzkills)
Starfire = Charlie (sweet, innocent and appear dumb to others due to their ignorance)

This list is much better than mine.

• Locked thread