Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Watch it turn out to actually be Krauser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Krauser is the coolest Resident Evil character that I always forget exists.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to power through The Experiment to see what the hell then, thats interesting and bizarre.

I don't recall ever getting that post fight dialogue he mentions in any of my shutout games but well, he's got a recording, I must just be unlucky or paying 0 attention.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it opens up the possibility of a jake vs wesker fist fight, so i will accept any excuse

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wesker vs Jake in a father/son one-liner kung fu fight sounds like a Resident Evil final boss main event so hell yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Krauser is the coolest Resident Evil character that I always forget exists.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 24, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's his lesser known little brother, Kroger.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Umbrella Operations doesn't even have an RE Branding (has Biohazard but does that count?) but it's canon?

Can't even wrap my head around that one. RE has a warped sense of narrative but for it to "take place after RE6" but still have Majini and (slightly less silly) C-Virus Zombies to fight (unless this is a simulation hand wave?) is silly, even for RE.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Wesker vs Jake in a father/son one-liner kung fu fight sounds like a Resident Evil final boss main event so hell yeah.

gently caress yes

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Lunethex posted:

Umbrella Operations doesn't even have an RE Branding (has Biohazard but does that count?) but it's canon?

Can't even wrap my head around that one. RE has a warped sense of narrative but for it to "take place after RE6" but still have Majini and (slightly less silly) C-Virus Zombies to fight (unless this is a simulation hand wave?) is silly, even for RE.
It wouldn't be a Capcom game without retcon. What counts as canon pretty much died after the first game.

Krauser living is the only true canon, comrade.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
It's just gonna be Brad wearing a wesker mask

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

blackguy32 posted:

It's just gonna be Brad Mike wearing a wesker mask

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

It's just gonna be Brad Mike Hunk wearing a wesker mask

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

blackguy32 posted:

It's just gonna be Brad Mike Hunk Billy MOTHERFUCKING Cohen wearing a wesker mask

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Billy Coen!!??? I heard he killed up to 23 people!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Steve wearing a hunk gas mask wearing a wesker mask.

Nah, Steve has been fridged indefinitely.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Jake made the mistake of putting on a pair of sick RayBans and the transformation took hold.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Seriously why the hell are these chapters in RE6 so long?

Also the part in Leon Chapter 2 where you have to hold off zombies at the entrance of the cathedral is a bit obnoxious. I died several times trying to open the drat door because Helena decided to just go running into a zombie instead. So much for the classic RE strat of just avoiding enemies :(.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

please don't play re6 alone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evil Eagle posted:

please don't play re6 alone

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm going to play RE6 alone.

Flamekid
Dec 27, 2012

Spicy

Evil Eagle posted:

please don't play re6

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

ganbare

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought Leons campaign was the only good one and then I realized it was probably because I played through it with a friend and I played the rest alone. They all suck.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

NESguerilla posted:

I thought Leons campaign was the only good one and then I realized it was probably because I played through it with a friend and I played the rest alone. They all suck.

Same thing happened to me. Except I quit after two or three chapters in Chris solo.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

There's a few parts of Chris' campaign that ARE easier alone. Anything involving running away from things while climbing over things was much, much harder with a friend.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i played all of re6 with a friend and enjoyed the combat-heavy parts. oh, and spamming emotes as agent was a real good time. that inventory ui is an unspeakable abomination, though.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Looks like Resident Evil is on a major sale on Steam.

Going to grab my...4th, and last (Assuming there's no SUPER ULTIMATE MEGA HD PLATINUM version in the future) copy of RE4

I assume Revelations 2 Episode 1 is worth the $1.01 it's going for?

Leon Cross fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 25, 2016

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Leon Cross posted:

Looks like Resident Evil is on a major sale on Steam.

Going to grab my...4th, and last (Assuming there's no SUPER ULTIMATE MEGA HD PLATINUM version in the future) copy of RE4

I assume Revelations 2 is worth the $1.01 it's going for?

Revelations 2 is episodic, that price is only for episode 1. The other chapters are four bucks a pop.

I wasn't a fan of the Revelations series in general, but plenty of people like em.

I'm mad because this is the second RE franchise sale to conspicuously exclude RE5. I guess there's a remaster coming out in the near future or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo Revelations 1 was great. 2 just felt too half assed and slapped together to be enjoyable.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Raxivace posted:

play with me you can count on me

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

NESguerilla posted:

Imo Revelations 1 was great. 2 just felt too half assed and slapped together to be enjoyable.

The first game was passable. I beat it, at least, but it just felt clunky and the dodge mechanic was really bad. Can't hold a candle to a main series entry.

The second one just didn't agree with me at all. I had no interest in even completing the first chapter.

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Ah, yeah. I edited my post, just not quick enough it seems.

Just wound up grabbing the $66~ buck pack they had.

I can do much worse than that gently caress huge pack o' RE for the price of a single new game.

4,5,6, Rev 1, Rev 2, and a cluster of DLC.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fereydun posted:

play with me you can count on me
No way! You won't come! I'll end up disappointed if I rely on others! Believe me! I know!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I kind of want someone to chronicle Chris Redfield's life and how absurdly lovely it is.

I mean he's had like 4 different teams killed out from under him, lost (temporarily or otherwise) multiple partners, seen almost everyone he knows die at least once, his sister can't go five minutes without ending up in a zombie infested hellhole, it's honestly like the worst life imaginable. Even Jill has less of a 'everyone dies around me' rate, even if she keeps getting crapped on in other ways.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

The first game was passable. I beat it, at least, but it just felt clunky and the dodge mechanic was really bad. Can't hold a candle to a main series entry.

The second one just didn't agree with me at all. I had no interest in even completing the first chapter.

I probably cut it a lot of slack since I played it on 3DS and it was so impressive for a handheld game at the time. If I played it on consoles down the road I'm not sure what my opinion would be.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Revelations 1 was a solid title with some actual genuinely creepy parts. The Raid mode I thought was much more thought out and better as well. Revelations 2 felt like a mess to me to the point where I felt like the first chapter was easily the best chapter.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Raxivace posted:

No way! You won't come! I'll end up disappointed if I rely on others! Believe me! I know!
you can rely on me
to leave your rear end behind while i run ahead triggering everything

ImpAtom posted:

I kind of want someone to chronicle Chris Redfield's life and how absurdly lovely it is.

I mean he's had like 4 different teams killed out from under him, lost (temporarily or otherwise) multiple partners, seen almost everyone he knows die at least once, his sister can't go five minutes without ending up in a zombie infested hellhole, it's honestly like the worst life imaginable. Even Jill has less of a 'everyone dies around me' rate, even if she keeps getting crapped on in other ways.
there's also the part where he's seen the world react to apocalyptic level viruses/events with 'yeah let's make more of that poo poo' while he's globetrotting as to just barely stop those events from kicking off an actual apocalypse

edit:
oh i guess also the thing where the US government more or less wants him dead and obstructs him at every possible opportunity because they're trying to openly develop bioweapons too

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 26, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I liked RER2, but I like Barry so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Barry and Claire were great in rev2. Everything else was varying degrees of not so great.