Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm guessing there's a town, scum and self-aligned boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Also holy gently caress do we have a lot of people who haven't even checked in yet.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Guy's I don't think it matters enough for us to discuss mechanics Day1 because it literally means nothing for us in the long run until someone flips and gives us a better idea of wincons. I say instead of discussing mechanics, we start chanting LYNCH ALL LURKERS! and see how that goes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, this boss role sounds a bit full already, so if we disregard infin's initial suggestion that a boss and GF role could be compatible (doubt it) then dongs and infin are probably both good invest targets.

What my intoxicated brain is trying to say is that TQ has a good read of this situation.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am actually a fan of lynching lurkers D1 because it shows other lurkers that we mean business

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Why does anyone ever play Mafia sober?

Does anyone ever play mafia sober? This must be what I'm missing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Happy with my Joe vote. Cherry picking his name and then complaining about having to read and informing it looks like his scum game

assuming this is talking about me, Quidnose is an idiot and scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
btw im a reckless vig so either i will kill a scum tonight or die

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JakeP posted:

btw im a reckless vig so either i will kill a scum tonight or die

Do you have to use an action every night???

Also why in the blazes would you claim that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote quidnose

i think hes scum, he did this in past games where he lays a hinky vote on me for no reason and then just doubles down on it throughout the day, and does nothing else

also if he is town hes just gonna be an idiot and throw the game anyway

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If we're policy lynching people based on what they might do as town why aren't we voting for Jimson?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

If we're policy lynching people based on what they might do as town why aren't we voting for Jimson?

Jimson hasn't done anything scummy that I noticed

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Why does anyone ever play Mafia sober?

Does anyone ever play mafia sober? This must be what I'm missing.

I play sober constantly, I think I've drunk posted once or twice but no one picked up on it because I'm pretty well in control when I drink. If I start to get too loopy the mr. takes my phone because I have a tendency to drunk dial my sister.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

I play sober constantly, I think I've drunk posted once or twice but no one picked up on it because I'm pretty well in control when I drink. If I start to get too loopy the mr. takes my phone because I have a tendency to drunk dial my sister.

Hmmm, I am pretty good about not calling people while drunk, and my sister would absolutely not appreciate being drunk-dialed. As for posting, it's part of why I like shine mafia! I could be role playing being drunk for all anyone knows. My phone is kind enough to autocorrect anyways.

I get fairly friendly when drunk though, and the thought of my contributing to someone being lynched is horrifying so I can't bring myself to vote anyone. I'll leave dongs and infin to the cops as TQ auggests!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Mayor Glowku (3): TMMadman, flerp, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Infinitum, TMMadman, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000
dongsbot 9000 (3): Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Adahn1986, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Adahn1986, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, CapitalistPig
Adahn1986 (1): dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000
Quidnose (1): CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP, CapitalistPig, JakeP
JimsonTheBetrayer (1): flerp, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, flerp, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
JakeP (1): Quidnose
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Murmur Twin, Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku, flerp, flerp, Mayor Glowku, flerp
SirSamVimes (0): Truth Quark, Infinitum, Truth Quark, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JakeP, JakeP
Infinitum (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986
Truth Quark (0): dongsbot 9000, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, dongsbot 9000
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Mayor Glowku, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku
Absurd Revolver (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Murmur Twin (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (12): Absurd Revolver, Adahn1986, curiousCat, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Li Dawny, Moatillata, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, tpink, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 26th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 58 minutes.

Before he went to the big house, Capone frequently complained about the authorities' obvious bias towards the Outfit's business practices. "When I sell Shine, it's called bootlegging; when my patrons serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's called hospitality."

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Adahn1986 posted:

Hmmm, I am pretty good about not calling people while drunk, and my sister would absolutely not appreciate being drunk-dialed. As for posting, it's part of why I like shine mafia! I could be role playing being drunk for all anyone knows. My phone is kind enough to autocorrect anyways.

I get fairly friendly when drunk though, and the thought of my contributing to someone being lynched is horrifying so I can't bring myself to vote anyone. I'll leave dongs and infin to the cops as TQ auggests!

I like playing drunk, I will usually make a drink I call the NASTY SWAMP which is Blue Curacao, Apple Juice, and Apple Sauce. It's really the only way I ever make pushes against people and stick with them. (is when I am drunk)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I like playing drunk, I will usually make a drink I call the NASTY SWAMP which is Blue Curacao, Apple Juice, and Apple Sauce. It's really the only way I ever make pushes against people and stick with them. (is when I am drunk)

Are you a homeless person? WTF is this.
:chloe:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
But otherwise yes to drunk Mafia posting.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

It's delicious, it tastes like Raspberry Apple sauce or some poo poo idk like the flavor reminds me of something i've had as a kid but cant' quite place my finger on.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

:cheers:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hello everyone! I am posting on behalf of one Curious Cat, who has asked me to inform all of you that she is experiencing unexpected trouble accessing her SA account during her travel, and as such will be absent from the game until Sunday evening.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
can u ask her what her next move is going to be

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

tpink posted:

Lol forreal though, that drink sounds gross my dude.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll take your word jimson, if I'm ever feeling adventurous I'll try your nasty Swamp

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Do I drink my 5 remaining beers and become drunk or do I just have like one or two and chill. That's the real question. Drunk posting should be mandatory in shine games. At least one drunk tirade.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hi I'm just drinking bourbon like a normal person.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've decided. I'll drink all the beers, reread the game a nail scum to the eall. Tactic is absolute.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I wish I had bourbon right now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

I said don't post too much, not leave me a 200 post wall to read. :argh:

Anyways, this boss thing sounds like the mechanic from Lunchtime at the Office or whatever that game was called. A few bosses who could find other bosses using that exact ability. I wonder if this game also has a serial killer that the bosses have collective control over too.

In that game, did the SK killing stop when the bosses died? or did that just mean the SK could choose his own targets?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'll take your word jimson, if I'm ever feeling adventurous I'll try your nasty Swamp

This sounds to me like you are propositioning him.

:wink:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

##vote quidnose

i think hes scum, he did this in past games where he lays a hinky vote on me for no reason and then just doubles down on it throughout the day, and does nothing else

I could buy Quid as scum this game.

I think I still like Glowku slightly better for scum even ignoring the bosstroversy though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

peramene posted:

Hello everyone! I am posting on behalf of one Curious Cat, who has asked me to inform all of you that she is experiencing unexpected trouble accessing her SA account during her travel, and as such will be absent from the game until Sunday evening.

can u ask if shes scum tia

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

King Burgundy posted:

In that game, did the SK killing stop when the bosses died? or did that just mean the SK could choose his own targets?

If I recall correctly they just became an ordinary SK.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Truth Quark posted:

I am actually a fan of lynching lurkers D1 because it shows other lurkers that we mean business

I missed this earlier but this is a good idea.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah oits a good idea

if u think bad things are good

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

yeah oits a good idea

if u think bad things are good

Are you drunk posting, friend? I encourage it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
no just phone

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i cant drink i have to drive :(

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

flerp posted: