Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

flerp posted:

ur wrong

actually im right and we should put the fear of god in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Truth Quark posted:

actually im right and we should put the fear of god in them

This guy gets it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

ur wrong

This guy doesn't get it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Beer Count: 4.5

Chill Level: 100

Currently Listening to: Phantogram - "You Don't Get Me High Anymore"

The Drunken Re-Read brought to you by Anomalous Amalgam
The night was young, 10:42 and the pleasant euphoria of an alcohol induced buzz was racing across the synapses of Amalgam's mind. He stared at Podima's avatar, watching the magic dog thing fade in and out of existence repeatedly and found the resolution necessary to begin his re-read.

He would have to wade through jokes and alcohol discussion to get to the meat, but at the end of it, in his slavering jaws, he'd find scum and eviscerate them with righteous truths. There would be no hiding. No lies to obfuscate their presence. Amalgam's goal was set and he would see to it that it was met.

Let us begin.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am waiting with baited breath AA.

Except you roll scum every game so not really?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jesus just caught up with that huge mountain of dung posting.

##unvote since I guess setup spec is a bad idea in this particular game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So I've read the thread but don't have much to say rn and I have to go to sleep so I'll be back tmrw after work.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Currently Listening to: Phantogram - "You Don't Get Me High Anymore"

The Drunken Re-Read brought to you by Anomalous Amalgam
The night was young, 10:42 and the pleasant euphoria of an alcohol induced buzz was racing across the synapses of Amalgam's mind. He stared at Podima's avatar, watching the magic dog thing fade in and out of existence repeatedly and found the resolution necessary to begin his re-read.

He would have to wade through jokes and alcohol discussion to get to the meat, but at the end of it, in his slavering jaws, he'd find scum and eviscerate them with righteous truths. There would be no hiding. No lies to obfuscate their presence. Amalgam's goal was set and he would see to it that it was met.

Let us begin.

Spoiler alert: AA passes out in a pool of his own drool and we get no useful info.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Currently Listening to: Com Truise - Wave 1

The Drunken Re-Read Pt. I
Amalgam sipped his locally brewed IPA and rested his eyes momentarily. and adjusted the sound of spotify so he could concentrate.

The air conditioner kicked on and he turned his gaze around his living room. A bottle of Johnson's baby bedtime bath soap on the table from having recently scrubbed baby amalgam's butt.

He turned his eyes back to the OP to ensure he had a tenuous grasp of the mechanics employed in this game.

A 24 player list, night 0 actions and a variety of power roles, that if anything like the power roles in Shine I, would become active with the consumption of Shine.

Amalgam turned his eyes back to his Shine, the Deep Ellum IPA, as a gentle haze continued to sweep over him.

The "Chiweenie" started barking and circling on the couch. He gently hushed her and turned his eyes back to the thread.

Adjusting his imaginary detective hat, he decided the best place to begin his scrutiny would be the post-count. In a game filled with 24 players, identifying the content producers, poo poo posters, lurkers and middling players would be invaluable.

He was satisfied with his own post-count, even though a number of his posts had been irrelevant to actually solving the game. He took some solace in knowing that day 1 merriment was commonplace and turned his attention to those who've been overly vocal, less than vocal and downright average.

His own scum tactics when he rolled scum were to find a nice place to fit in, he'd occasionally get attention, but ultimately try to find a nice middling spot. Lurking with just enough posts to float by also worked on occasion. He found that being overeager to post or be present made it easier for him to scumslip so he didn't prefer to dominate the conversation, not that anyone listened to his ramblings to begin with.

He rubbed his eyes and felt the processed alcohol pushing on his bladder.

It could wait.

An idea of who was where in regards with posts, he once again entered the fray.

It couldn't wait. He had to pee.

He peeked in on his lover and child and felt warm, then peed. Not on them or in that room, but in that order.

Beer Count: 5

He ran to the refrigerator and grabbed his final beer, and already began contemplating a drive a walk for another sixer, or he could open up the aged champagne on top of his refrigerator, but that would be a poor decision he'd regret later. Instead he grabbed the last beer and put on a new song.

Currently Listening to: MF Doom - One Beer

The re-read began, or continued, or whatever... HE FOCUSED.

He never really liked reading into flavor, but the very first post of the game before poo poo posting occurred was that Al Capone, Outfit-Aligned Godfather was thrown in the slammer.

Given that we had a bosstroversy, he would bear that in mind as he made his way back to that point in the content.

Currently listening to: Jerry Paper - Ginger & Ruth

Drunk Meter: 88%

He scrolled past the sign ups and peanut gallery commentary with pursed lips and looked for the start of the game or at least the start of confirmations & poo poo posts.

Currently listening to: Jerry Paper - Zoom Out

Finding the start of the game, he realized he could have clicked the N0 link Podima posted, and he shook his head and stared at his beer blaming it for his shortcomings.

Currently listening to: Miguel - the valley NSFW

Things

Currently listening to: Animal Collective - Gnip Gnop

Amalgam had to pee again, but he was pleasantly drunk and lazy. He had intended to bust this game wide open and work on his PbtA hack, and maybe drunkenly pwn some noobs on Overwatch. Chores done. The night was his. He was a child of the shadows, of the eternal darkness, of the infinite chorus. He would see to it, but he might need to snack on something... keep the treacherous boozing at bay.

Hahaha.

Drunk Meter: 95%, it's been a while. This is enjoyable.

He came across his own remark about a baby bartender and laughed heartily. Baby bartenders lol.

Chill Level: Golden Child

Beer Count: 5.5

Ok he has to Pee again.

drat, I'm just really grooving. Yeah, this sis good.

---

Dongsbot reads like dongsbot I want to trust his instincts, but that piggily anomaly is just a macabre phantom. Who knows what he really wants or thinks.

Currently listening to: Chad VanGaalen - Mini T.V.'s

Head banging bobbing swaying is not a good idea right now, but the tunes control me at this point.

Currently listening to: Little Dragon - Klapp Klapp

i miss izzhov she was a good. Dong... this is your falt fault.

TQ waNTING TO unrioconncally turbo AR... tut tut.

Chill Level: Transcendental Mixture of Particles

Glowku has a redeeming moment. turbo the turboer.

AR is cool and good.

##unvote

I've misread you Glowku. I am so sorry browku.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I didn't read your post but when did I want to turbo AR I'm genuinely (and drunkenly) curious

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
aa you are a hero to all of us

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The Drunken Re-Read Pt. II
Feeling like an electric god, separated from time and space, he searched the infinite expanse of his mind to pin point scum in his reread with Spotify as his spirit animal.

Yes.

Beer Count: 6/6, do I continue drinking? I have 19 minutes to purchase more beer. I could make that walk. No... No... I coast on this, best not to become Icarus.

Currently listening to: Primus - My Name is Mud

I think TQ rolled scum again guys.

##vote Truth Quark Texan-Aligned or not, you reek of scum behavior.

flerp is a decent writer.

More Things

Currently listening to: Bee Gees - How Deep is Your love gently caress yeah! HmmM!

Drunk Level:Pleasantly Inebraited Mortal Man - 99.9%?

So with the bosstroversy, here's what I'm thinking. Infinitum is a boss, he could be a town boss. I think it's likely he is a town boss. Here's the reason why!

While it would be a strong scum gambit to come in and lay shade on all the other potential bosses out there. I think coming in claiming boss does secures some protection on him, gets the other bosses moving and allows us... Nah I think i see why this is suspect now....

I don't know...
damnit.

Dong is the truth

Infinitum is a good vocal scum.

Dong has been exceedingly vocal.

Currently listening to: Thundercat - Them Changes

Lips kind of numb. Drunk. ALl the bears are gone.

My post formatting tho' get on my level scrubs.

Uh oh, I think gun shots are going off nearby. drat this damnable area. Time eto make a peanut butter and jelly burrito.

Currently listening to: Tobacco - Gods in Heat

Ok re-read done. I think... I think... I think...

##vote bacon bit[/url]

Dong's butt is probably actually a scum this game. ILY dong-o-tron, but I think you're the scum this timem.

The Shine doesn't lie.

I know there's areguments for not voting out bosses, but I'd rather make our town boss swoll as heck, as opposed to the scum and potential third party boss or second scum boss.

since it's not an incremental buff, we have no problem here.

[b]Curretnlyt astlistng to:
Waaves - King of the Beach

Yeah, I think we should vote dongs and if not dongs, my second pick. And I'm sorry Adahn for griefing you, is actually, TQ, buteacuese I think he ggot scum again.

OK!
Yeah

Cool.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Msyag POst forming nO!OOOoo!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
im not scum so ur objectively wrong sorry

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
aa why did you roll scum again

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##VOTE PENISMACHINE 8999

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

im not scum so ur objectively wrong sorry

objectively WRONG!?! hahahahah

*pushes finger to lips*

shhhhh...

No way I could be objectively wrong, subjectively maybe, but objectively, unless you mean objective as in the end goal here, but I doubt it mang.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

##VOTE PENISMACHINE 8999

THIS IS A VOTE I CAN GET BEHIND

no actually why are you suddenly voting dongsbutt

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

aa why did you roll scum again

Not this scum stime. I'm good town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

THIS IS A VOTE I CAN GET BEHIND

no actually why are you suddenly voting dongsbutt

it is known in posts.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
i dont get it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:f5:
What's not to get man? Dong is likely scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
ones probvably scum but i already made words about why killing one of them is a bad idea

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok I am going to play games now. You're welcome town. I've done it. SCUM CAUGHT.

Also - Adahn still might be scum, TQ mmight be scum. Probably scum in lurkers too.

Good game, let's knowck it out the box. I am going to be terrible at games.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

ones probvably scum but i already made words about why killing one of them is a bad idea

I get that, but... I imagine, the town doctor, provided someone elected to be one, is probably going to doctor one. It would be the wise deicsion to make.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Infinitum could be scum, but I'm trusting him right now. In my aliens game, he was the most vocal player and scum, but I'm not getting the scummy vibes. I think he is legit.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
IM NOT SCUM

I get that, but... I imagine, the town doctor, provided someone elected to be one, is probably going to doctor one. It would be the wise deicsion to make.

You're betting the game on a 50/50 I don't personally like those odds

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
On a 50/50? we don' know what the bosses hidden power is. The game isn't bet on that. Those odds are wrong.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd vote Adahn or Dong today, vote on Dong for now.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok maybe not the game but it still steems like a bad idea to me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i only vote for dongs when I'm scum trying to kill him or trying pull off a hilarious gambit

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I hope I don't spew this PBJ and later.

I usually misread dongs, so I'm willing to back off of it, but the problem then is actually waiting on scrub lurkers to make content.

D1 is a crapshoot regardless.

I'm interested in dong's flip, and I think he might actually be scum this game who decided it would be best to come clean about his role instead of wait and try and sell it to town like a miller would sell their role to town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I shouldn't have drank all those beers. I feel gross. Going to lay face down on the floor and not pass out.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
stay safe aa ghost

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I have drank many bourbons and I am drank as well.

Perhaps we shall declare a truce until the morrow good sir aa?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i drank 2 guiness 16oz cans, 2 ginger brews, and then ??? vodka sodas and im playing heroes of the storm now

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I've been playing overwatch and rainbow sidge seiege all night whil drainking the cheapest bourbon I could find. Its been pretty great.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

I have drank many bourbons and I am drank as well.

Perhaps we shall declare a truce until the morrow good sir aa?

Trruuuuccee

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm too drunk to overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hey apparently in rainbow six you can make the hostage bleed out without every actually identifying its location? thats neat.

• Locked thread