Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Anyone know what goes good with Ginger Beer as a Mixer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
gin buck

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also aa is uh not so right

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
dongsbot spread your wisdom upon us

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

dongsbot spread your wisdom upon us

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

bedtime

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

This is probaly what I should do, nbut no.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

To be honest I'd rather not vote outa boss until we have three claimed. That way if we hang one and it turns out to be the town boss, we know the next targets. assuming there's only one of each alignment

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Anyone know what goes good with Ginger Beer as a Mixer?

rum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Today was pride and I just got back and I'm ooooouuuuuutttt

I will figure this shout out tomorrow, Quidnose style~

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
spiced rum + ginger brew is a dark and stormy i believe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna catch up on the thread soonish.

Someone give me the tl;dr version.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

ur scum

no i dont know how to justify this either but its the tl;dr

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cool story bro

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

Cool story bro

I would know I wrote it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

every1 is scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I discovered my ps4 controller works with my pc and now I'm reaquainting myself with psychonauts 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

*psychonuats

the milkman conspiracy is real cool

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reading thread now. 7 pages to catch up on. Might pull a Quidnose and post a running commentary

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh lol rereading my pm i dont think i shouldve claimed

:ughh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

So infin and dongs are BOTH bosses and by definition we need to lynch one today, am I getting that right?

VivaNova posted:

They both claimed boss but you'd need to explain why you think we need to lynch one of them today.

Both of them are claiming I said I was a boss. I never said that.

Liar liars pants on fires.

flerp posted:

i didnt mean to say lynch actually i just meant i dont like infinitum

flerp posted:

both in this game and as a person

Rude

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

theory: adahn1986 is the scum boss who wants to lynch one of us today and nk the other so he becomes big boss

The more I read, the more I agree with this statement.

Adahn1986 posted:

I was thinking this. If infin is a scum boss, he gets 4 town lynches out of his reveal. That's a huge step ahead for the scum team.

Again this is an odd thing to say. I presented information, it's up to town how to interpret that information. That fact Adahn is pushing it like this is some huge scum ploy is disingenuous.

The fact he thinks I've claimed boss is disingenuous.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Read this. He was trying to mislead us, knowing that the only way to prove him wrong was for another boss to out themselves. The only boss that would risk that would be a town boss, because the other scum boss would be fine with a pile of townies being lynched.

Again, trying to spin what I'm saying. I was asked a question and I'm musing about my role. It says I find bosses, so I'm curious what that definition means. Whether it's scum or a 3rd party role.

Adahn1986 posted:

Lol I can't visit other players in any way or collect any kind of useful information.

This is a :siren: giant red flag :siren: which I'll get to in a minute.

Truth Quark posted:

Adahn you sure swapped fast between these two posts

Adahn seems to be organically thinking things through and just posting his thoughts as they come up. I do this to. I read him as town.

I'm getting super scummy vibes off this post with TQ coming to Adahn's 'rescue' by proclaiming him town.

Adahn1986 posted:

I reaaaalllly think he was hoping he hit the jackpot and got the other scum team's boss. So he gets the other GF lynched, gains massive town cred, and gets a doc on him until endgame.

Good play unless what happened happens.

Again, MASSIVE misrepresentation of what I said.

I was musing about the possibility of a single GF, but now Adahn claims there's a 2nd godfather? How would he know this? Unless he's on a team with a godfather already on it!

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, dongs coming out is insanely risky. In a shine game like this one of the scum teams might have an assassin.

:siren: The other shoe has dropped :siren:

Absolutely ZERO mention of an assassin whatsoever.

The only way to know this is to have the exact same role PM as Dongs and I.

How do I know Dongs has the same role PM I do?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im just gonna leak the last bit of the boss role b/c what the heck why not and maybe itll make the scum not nk me tonight (said dongsbot 9000, selfishly) but all bossi can submit a name to podima who then gives the list to another guy who chooses to merc one of those individuals

so theres at least 2 nk until that guy gets found

He confirms our secret second ability he was hinting at earlier, and I was waiting to see what he says.

I'm not sure if dongs is a 3P or what, but he's definitely being extremely helpful whereas Adahn is throwing shade on both of us left right and centrre.

##vote Adahn1986

Still reading, but Adahn is def scum.
Truth Quark is his scumbro.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh and the fact I said it was a giant red flag when Adahn says he can't visit anyone?

Our abilities allow are only to give podima a list of players via ##snoop to return results of a boss + ##order to give the assassin a name he can potentially choose from to kill.

The only way he can know all this is if he's got the same role PM as Dongs and I.

I'm liking Adahn for scum godfather, Dongs for a 3P boss.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

of course my first instinct was to call infi scum but i thought about it a lil before i figured it out

:hfive: I'll let you live if you work with town Mr.Pig

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think that we should stop using Godfather/scum boss interchangeably. Godfather and boss are two different roles.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seeing as bosses work exactly the same in every other way to the Lunchtime game, I'm going to assume for the time being that there's a town boss, a scum boss and a self aligned boss.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've got three claims, right?

Adahn
Infinitum
dongsbutt

So if Infinitum is taking us for a ride and we lynch the town boss we know who the scum and 3p bosses are, even if we don't know which is which.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote adahn

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

no i mean u should continue reading

cuz infi claimed a role and i fullclaimed the same role and theres a bit of a discussion whether that means we're both town or not

I can pretty much confirm that Dongs has the same role PM I do from what he 's full claimed.

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, this boss role sounds a bit full already, so if we disregard infin's initial suggestion that a boss and GF role could be compatible (doubt it) then dongs and infin are probably both good invest targets.

What my intoxicated brain is trying to say is that TQ has a good read of this situation.

Adahn was previously saying Dongs was town, and is now pushing him for a lynch target.

Faking intoxication is another useful tactic to get out of "LOL I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS SAYING LAST NIGHT"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I can't visit anyone, have no shine power, and am not a boss. I have a role, but it's not even remotely similar to yours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK fully caught up now.
*QUIDNOSE RUNNING COMMENTARY MODE DEACTIVATE*

Going to properly claim now. I'm an Outfit-aligned Boss

tl;dr summary of why Adahn is scum - He's scum slipped all over the place

I believe there to be 3 bosses in the game.
- Town Boss
- Scum Boss
- 3P Boss

Dongs is going to be the 3P boss for claiming like an idiot lol, but seems to genuinely pro-town so he lives for now.

:siren: Adahn is 100% the scum boss for having information he would only have via being a boss himself, and is likely the Scum Godfather. :siren:

Vote Adahn and lynch scum D1
##vote Adahn1986

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

I can't visit anyone, have no shine power, and am not a boss. I have a role, but it's not even remotely similar to yours.

How about all that information you'd only have access to if you were a boss? :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"HEY GUYS I THINK THERE MIGHT BE AN ASSASSIN IN THIS GAME!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"OH poo poo! NOONE WAS TALKING ABOUT ASSASSINS BEFORE I WAS?! LOL I WAS DRUNK POSTING LAST NIGHT!"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, I already breadcrumbed my role, and it's not so exciting.

The assassin is a ROLE that bypasses protection, it has nothing to do with whatever merc is mentioned in your PM.

And yeah, I wasn't faking being drunk. Also, I didn't say you or dongs were good lunch targets, I said I agreed with TQ in that you were good INVEST targets as I sincerely doubt that if you're scum you'd invest as town. That just seems like too much power for one role.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'll claim my role if you reaaaalllly need me too but I'll start by breaking down what I was talking about.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Assassin

Assassins bypass night immunity, and I mention this, I guess I can quote myself and my confusion while dongs questioned me. You're pushing this pretty hard, so I doubt you'll care much, but others might.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, dongs coming out is insanely risky. In a shine game like this one of the scum teams might have an assassin.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

is an assassin a strongman in your parlance, adahn1986

Adahn1986 posted:

I just read the mafia wiki and an assassin is a mafia role that bypasses protective roles, I think. Someone might have it as a shine power, since a lot of shine abilities are overpowered.

Speculating wildly, of course.

I was clearly not talking about your merc.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

How about all that information you'd only have access to if you were a boss? :allears:

That's you twisting information, buddy. It's your prerogative, I suppose. But if you submit a list of one tomorrow with me on it, it will come up negative.

Of course, you're dead-set on lynching a townie today so I guess that's a better use of everyone's time?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lastly, we all know infinitum only tries this hard when he's scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Lastly, we all know infinitum only tries this hard when he's scum.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

Adahn, if you're not a boss, who do you think is?

• Locked thread