Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Amazing, all the fatsos on TMo killed the pizza credits for the immediate future, maybe perm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

peepsalot posted:

Looks like hangouts dialer will work for the main conf. call number I use. Didn't know about this, I had pretty much forgotten I still had a google voice #.

Why's there a $0.10 in the corner though, with a plus next to it. Is that my balance, or a minute rate for something? When I click the plus, it opens google voice tab in browser that is stuck in a redirect loop or something.

You have $0.10 in complimentary credit. Domestic calls are free.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

bobfather posted:

Amazing, all the fatsos on TMo killed the pizza credits for the immediate future, maybe perm.

I think everyone should rage on Dominos' social media outlets

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

peepsalot posted:

I've been on T-mobile's $30 super secret prepaid 'i have no friends' plan for a while now.

It was a massive pain to get it set up to begin with, leaving me with no phone for a week or so, and almost inexplicably lost my phone number during the switchover, which I'd had for 10yrs or so.

Anyways, I started a new job recently that requires me to be on conference calls out the wazoo, and its eating up my minutes, making it closer to $60/mo since I have to keep feeding the account. I'm thinking about switching to a post-paid plan, and I guess I'm mainly wondering if there are any specific ways or tips to go about changing from prepaid to postpaid that will result in the least possible fuckups from t-mobile, considering every interaction I've had with them has been like pulling teeth. I'm assuming I could do it over phone or internet?

Go to a store, they will move your number over in like 2 minutes once your postpaid account is made. It should be painless and quick.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Work has been nuts and I haven't been able to make it over to my local T mobile store yet. I assume the $70 regional deal is a limited time promotion? Does anyone here know when it expires?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Burden posted:

Go to a store, they will move your number over in like 2 minutes once your postpaid account is made. It should be painless and quick.

I didn't even have to do that when I moved off the nerd plan, I just selected the new plan on the website and that was it. Mid billing cycle change might be different. But I've had no problem just clicking online.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Best part of Dominos pussying out is this stupid commercial they made last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGdXJhLCgY

Having a coupon only work on one day of the week, every single day of the week, causes high demand, WHO KNEW?

Hate to see it go because I really don't care about the small frosty (none by work) or the movie rental.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I switched from prepaid TMobile to Project Fi almost a month ago and just received a text saying that my TMobile account will be refilled in two days. What? I can't even log into my old TMobile account online anymore since the number was ported; it just says that account doesn't exist.

EDIT: TMobile says the account is deactivated, the autopay is deactivated, and they don't have a record of the message being sent. So, guess I'll check my cc in a couple of days and make sure nothing fishy happens.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 16, 2016

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Anyone know how steep the credit check is for new device payment plans? I am not very high, barely any credit with a score of 630/619 depending on the provider and am hoping to get an HTC 10 for myself and iPhone 6S Plus for my wife with no upfront fees when we switch using carrier freedom.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Zaekkor posted:

Anyone know how steep the credit check is for new device payment plans? I am not very high, barely any credit with a score of 630/619 depending on the provider and am hoping to get an HTC 10 for myself and iPhone 6S Plus for my wife with no upfront fees when we switch using carrier freedom.

Your credit score isn't the only thing that affects it. How long you've had an account, if you pay your bill on time, etc. are all considered. Only way to know for sure is to call and ask.

edit: Got too anxious and then realized you aren't currently with them.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Zaekkor posted:

No way to know in the end beyond having them check what you qualify for. T-Mobile last I checked isn't as picky as Verizon or ATT, so you're more likely to not have a deposit with them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Are these T-Mobile Tuesdays ever not going to be a complete clusterfuck?

The app worked for me this morning, but now I cannot even get it to load. People were reporting being able to use Shop Runner for free shipping on MLB.com this morning to use their $20 coupon, and now Shop Runner has disabled itself completely from MLB.com just for today.

Like... did they not expect the insane demand for free stuff?

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
$15 Lyft code I can't use because we don't have lyft here: TMOBILEJM3JTB9

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Astro7x posted:

The app worked for me this morning, but now I cannot even get it to load. People were reporting being able to use Shop Runner for free shipping on MLB.com this morning to use their $20 coupon, and now Shop Runner has disabled itself completely from MLB.com just for today.

Is woot bag of crap not such a complete clusterfuck that they had to make a scavenger hunt out of it after years of server crashes/vaporizations?

Also that sounds like an absolutely not T-Mobile problem, just like Dominos pulling out of their promo? It's the affiliate companies agreeing to poo poo they can't fulfill.

repeating fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 22, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was wondering where the MLB codes were coming from that people were trying to offload for $10-15 each in SA Mart.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
My LG G4 has been running hot a burning tons of battery for the last couple weeks. I uninstalled the T-Mobile Tuesdays app and now its back to normal. Not really interested in any of the stuff they're giving away anyway now that there's no pizza.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Astro7x posted:

Rarely do businesses ever think things through entirely, so this is not at all unexpected. Free stuff is great but the attraction to T-mobile for me is my $30/month bill for unlimited/unlimited/10GB.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
My phone (Galaxy S4) has enough issues I finally want to upgrade my device. What is the best Android device out currently that I should go for? Knee jerk I could do another Galaxy but how is the HTC 10 for example? The cost isnt the biggest deal because a lot of my costs are subsidized by work but I also need to upgrade my S4 because of hardware issues the S4 has, (sim card keeps disconnecting among a few other issues) but if the S7 is the GOAT then I guess I'll go for it. :unsmith:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So I discovered that the nerd plan now includes hotspot usage by default. This was a great thing to learn when I have a surface without the cell part in it

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Minty Swagger posted:

My phone (Galaxy S4) has enough issues I finally want to upgrade my device. What is the best Android device out currently that I should go for? Knee jerk I could do another Galaxy but how is the HTC 10 for example? The cost isnt the biggest deal because a lot of my costs are subsidized by work but I also need to upgrade my S4 because of hardware issues the S4 has, (sim card keeps disconnecting among a few other issues) but if the S7 is the GOAT then I guess I'll go for it. :unsmith:

S7 is a solid buy, I would compare it to the Nexus 6P and see which one you like more. The HTC 10 got solid reviews, I would just really questions HTC's future support.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

LethalGeek posted:

So I discovered that the nerd plan now includes hotspot usage by default. This was a great thing to learn when I have a surface without the cell part in it
It's been 100mb/mo included for at least the 2 years I've been on the plan. Luckily tethering my iPad to my iPhone has never counted against the quota :cool:

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Duckman2008 posted:

S7 is a solid buy, I would compare it to the Nexus 6P and see which one you like more. The HTC 10 got solid reviews, I would just really questions HTC's future support.

I'd prefer the 6P, but are you able to buy that through tmobile??

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Not as far as I know, you'd have to get it through Google/Third Party.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

eddiewalker posted:

It's been 100mb/mo included for at least the 2 years I've been on the plan. Luckily tethering my iPad to my iPhone has never counted against the quota :cool:

As far as I can tell it's uncapped right now up to the 5GB limit (I've been having internet issues lately and I've used over 650 MB of tethering to my desktop with no effort made in hiding it) and includes Binge On for free Youtube/Netflix/etc. Sweetest deal out there.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Used 1gb tethered one month and didn't get any angry messages or cut off so go nuts

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Any Chicagoons here? I am visiting and cannot get service in any of the buildings on north Michigan avenue, namely my hotel. I thought T-Mobile got through this issue or at least would roam on at&t. Is it a building penetration issue or a tower issue right here? Had perfect signal up in Lincoln Park and decent when outdoors in the loop area.

Frustrating anecdote: Giordanos on Navy Pier doesn't give you pagers, they only call or text you. Or course it's a dead zone there and at the children's museum so I was going to have to check in every five or ten minutes because of that. Got lucky though and a table came open when I went to preorder but that really made the poor service a PITA.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Any Chicagoons here? I am visiting and cannot get service in any of the buildings on north Michigan avenue, namely my hotel. I thought T-Mobile got through this issue or at least would roam on at&t. Is it a building penetration issue or a tower issue right here? Had perfect signal up in Lincoln Park and decent when outdoors in the loop area.

Frustrating anecdote: Giordanos on Navy Pier doesn't give you pagers, they only call or text you. Or course it's a dead zone there and at the children's museum so I was going to have to check in every five or ten minutes because of that. Got lucky though and a table came open when I went to preorder but that really made the poor service a PITA.

From what I have gathered they don't have Band 12 (extended range LTE) in Chicago and that is why the signal quality is poor and the building penetration is bad. They should be getting it soon though. https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/t-mobile-secures-new-spectrum-to-deliver-extended-range-lte-to-chicago-area.htm

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Burden posted:

From what I have gathered they don't have Band 12 (extended range LTE) in Chicago and that is why the signal quality is poor and the building penetration is bad. They should be getting it soon though. https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/t-mobile-secures-new-spectrum-to-deliver-extended-range-lte-to-chicago-area.htm

Awwwww yissssssss. I get decent T-Mo speeds out in the burbs but depending on where I'm at in the city it's a crapshoot. I don't know if their overall capacity is saturated as well though--I've been able to get high speeds (> 100Mbit) at the lakefront before but now struggle at 3-5 Mbit.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

TraderStav posted:

Why the hell are you not at Lou Malnati's

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Just got the Marshmallow update for my Note 4, cool to see it happen at all.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Burden posted:

Th $50 plan doesn't get you binge on, only $65 or higher.

???

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Insane Totoro posted:

Why the hell are you not at Lou Malnati's

Point taken. Lou's is awesome. Been there a dozen times. Schedule of activities took us to Navy Pier so settled on that. You're still right though.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

It makes it so you get it where it does 480p, but you can't stream unlimited on the 2GB plan. 3GB or higher is needed to get the benefits of unlimited streaming.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Can I link to my SA mart thread?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782236

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
T-Mobile announced they are zero rating data for Pokemon Go for 1 year.

That's great and all, but I have played the game for 8 hours and have used only 85MB of data.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Yeah it's just a publicity stunt, but I think it'll work. I have a couple coworkers that were very concerned that Pokemon Go data was going to make them hit their 1gb data caps on their plans, even after I showed them how little data stuff like Google Maps uses.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So wait - does the $30 Nerd Plan include BingeOn or not? Do those on the Nerd Plan get T-Mobile Tuesday free stuff?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seems like it loads the app fine, I haven't tried actually redeeming any of it. I have the option to turn on binge on but don't, because I just don't burn through enough mobile video data to want to gut the quality. Most of my mobile data ends up being Google Play Music which is also free.

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.

EugeneJ posted:

Do those on the Nerd Plan get T-Mobile Tuesday free stuff?

Nerd Plan here. I've gotten a couple of the free items, no hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've never gotten a straight answer about BingeOn but Netflix doesn't appear to eat up my data on my phone, so I'm thinking that yes, it's included.