Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

duz posted:

Huh, I had always remembered DOA as having Hulk Hogan but I see now it was Kevin Nash, I feel so ashamed.

iirc in the games he did basically look the way Hulk Hogan thinks he looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

They are hysterically funny when they get going on Abject Suffering, but I do occasionally run into a road block when they find a cultural artifact they, personally, have no connection to, and talk about it with this vaguely infuriating shortsightedness where they're unwilling to engage with it in its own terms and anything that wasn't part of their childhood might as well not exist.

And then they talk about Crick 2000 or Buffo, the World's Strongest Clown, and all is right with the world again.

Yeah, I almost always start podcasts from the beginning and the one-two punch of their Revolutiom X episode mostly being them getting really judgey about music and the Punch-Out sequel episode where they :goonsay: it up about pro athletes being overpaid rapists and abusers almost made me drop it but thankfully I stuck with it and it got great. And even then there was some gold, like describing Axel Rose as "Goatse mouth".

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

well why not posted:

DOA is from 2006. We were meant to have known better.

A couple of my friends said DOA was their favorite movie of that year. They have a weird film student syndrome where they hate most real movies because they aren't perfect, but fully embrace schlock if it's the right kind of schlock.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Mann posted:

Spawn toy collector man loving Ninja Scroll is both completely unsurprising and hilarious considering how often the hosts bag on it.

I really want the WHM gang to do an episode on Ninja Scroll and really give it a legit chance. It has that one really gross scene, but that scene's over with pretty quick, isn't even quite as bad as they imply, and other than that it's an incredibly fun movie.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Street Fighter is dope in black and white

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Yaws posted:

R.I.P.D. Raúl Juliá, taken from us too soon :(

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Shirec posted:

Vaya con secuela

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I gotta say, the google image results for Blanka in the shower are depressingly non-terrible.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, I really want them to do the Street Fighter 2 animated movie, because I want to see their reactions to two things:

- Chun Li vs. Vega with KMFDM playing and also titties
- Bryan loving Cranston as Fei Long in the dub

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yaws posted:

It's a shame that the closest he ever came to noir was the end of Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpr-YU6Xf8g&t=28s

The animation is amazing. I don't know what I love more, people randomly changing sizes because they didn't match it up with the background or Balrog's Strongbad-esque ability to type while wearing boxing gloves.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I love the 30 seconds of looping Guile reactions to an off-screen speech.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"They found semen in her sonic." "Welcome to animation damnation!"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Cousin Eddie DLC when, Capcom?

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Also, I really want them to do the Street Fighter 2 animated movie, because I want to see their reactions to two things:

- Chun Li vs. Vega with KMFDM playing and also titties
- Bryan loving Cranston as Fei Long in the dub

If you're talking the anime, I would LOVE to hear their reaction to the Chun Li nude scene. It's so weird.

Stacks
Apr 22, 2016
How popular is this podcast?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shirec posted:

If it any solace he did the Street Fighter movie cause his grandkids wanted him too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Stacks posted:

How popular is this podcast?

Don't know don't care.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

We Hate Movies: Soccer is the anime of sports

They're not wrong.

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008
What are some of your favorite impression-based tangents? Neo's answering machine, deadbeat Frank Langella, etc. For some reason I can't get enough of the end of American Dreamz when H.W. criticizes Dennis Quaid's speech for offsetting the DVR. ("Bar, what's 'Pacific Palisades'? What's that doin' on there?")

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jim Belushi. Always Jim Belushi.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

precision posted:

Jim Belushi. Always Jim Belushi.

"Fat Ghooooooooooooooooost!" It's perfect, I can see the goddamn VHS box.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i don't know poo poo about Jim Belushi outside of having a crappy sitcom on ABC that i only saw 4 episodes of on syndication years after it ended. and at work he played with his blues band which played like all white guys blues.

It funny since i always watched home improvement all the time as a kid and even looking back i know it was bad, but i want to say Jim is worse then Tim Allen going off by WHM.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It doesn't help that the wrong Belushi died.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TetsuoTW posted:

It doesn't help that the wrong Belushi died.

i don't want to disrespect a dead legend but i am sure John Belushi wasn't the best to woman too.

i could be wrong, he could of been a huge femanist since i know poo poo about his personal life.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 25, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cyron posted:

i don't want to disrespect a dead legend but i am sure John Belushi wasn't the best to woman too.

i could be wrong, he could of been a huge femanist since i know poo poo about his personal life.
A talented piece of poo poo is still preferable to a no-talent piece of poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cyron posted:

fwiw I've listened to or read interviews of women who worked with John and they seemed to love him.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

CoolZidane posted:

What are some of your favorite impression-based tangents? Neo's answering machine, deadbeat Frank Langella, etc. For some reason I can't get enough of the end of American Dreamz when H.W. criticizes Dennis Quaid's speech for offsetting the DVR. ("Bar, what's 'Pacific Palisades'? What's that doin' on there?")

Christopher Lambert as Raiden and the Mortal Kombat vacation spa is pretty great.

Anything with JCVD, like him doop-doop-dopping to redo a bad one-liner in Timecop.

The whole Gallagher bit from Kindergarten Cop 2.

The George Lucas/Louie Anderson office bit from Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, and related bit Louie Anderson: Last Actor On Earth from Day After Tomorrow.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
my favorite Louie Anderson was that movie about the 3 short stories where he rant about eating cats. but thanks to the last actor on earth jokes i now can't look at the Khal Drogo and Daenerys sex scenes without seeing 2 fat blonde guys with pig faces.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Evil Mastermind posted:

We Hate Movies: Soccer is the anime of sports

I almost bought an anime soccer RPG for the 3DS. It looked fun.

Cyron posted:

You can't disrespect him any worse than Bob Woodward did in Wired. Have the guys done the movie of that?

Speaking of FAT GHOOOOSTTT, I heard somewhere that Slimer was thought of by Dan Akroyd as John Belushi's ghost, but I can't find a reputable source.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 25, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

You can't disrespect him any worse than Bob Woodward did in Wired. Have the guys done the movie of that?
The first episode. Also the 35th. Come on man, they have a whole page listing them.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 25, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Mastermind posted:

The whole Gallagher bit from Kindergarten Cop 2.

Oh dear lord yes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

CoolZidane posted:

Wilford "Guddomn" Brimley GUDDOMNOT!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Mr. Smith talking about how he really liked that new Mr. Smith movie with Mr. Smith in it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

GlenMR posted:

Mr. Smith talking about how he really liked that new Mr. Smith movie with Mr. Smith in it.

"Mr. Anderson, this is your doctor. Dr. Agent Smith."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXBmuVziDE

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

"Mr. Anderson, this is your doctor. Dr. Agent Smith."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXBmuVziDE

I was jogging while listening to this episode and had to stop because I was laughing so hard.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I was jogging while listening to this episode and had to stop because I was laughing so hard.
I was working at an office when I listened to this episode and I had to leave my desk and go to the bathroom because I was literally crying from laughing so hard.

Also I'm listening to the Blame It On Outer Space episode about FEMA Camps with Andrew playing Wilford Brimley, and holy poo poo, this is incredible.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

GlenMR posted:

Dunno if they've seen Doctor Who, but they actually did that but when The Master turned everybody on Earth into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Once again, new episode is up early on the episodes page:

http://www.whmpodcast.com/p/episodes.html

Check their Facebook page to see what they refer to at the beginning. Oh my word.