Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
If there's an Outfit-aligned boss, seems to me that there'd have to be at least one rival boss that wasn't Outfit-aligned, or there's really not much point to the role. (FWIW, right now I feel like dongs is most likely town - there was no reason to claim so quickly if he wasn't, to my mind. I don't think a scum player would reveal that information as quickly. Similarly, I'd guess that the boss within dongs's results is probably not outfit-aligned, for similar reasons. I'm not sure about Inf yet because I haven't read super closely, but I'm reading through his posts again today.) That said, the talk about "one boss of each faction / bosses are all different factions" seems overly speculative to me. SSV, you specifically have brought that up a few times now. Why are you so confident that that's the way this is set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Flying Leatherman posted:

Adahn, if you're not a boss, who do you think is?

Lol infin and dongs fullclaimed town - aligned boss, which means (I would not presume to tell players how to play their roles) they can find a third boss from dongs list.

Nobody cc'd town boss so at least one of them is telling the truth

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

If they choose to work together, they can split this list in half.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For example, if each chooses two people, then it is definitively narrowed down to two people tomorrow morning

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Adahn1986 posted:

Lol infin and dongs fullclaimed town - aligned boss, which means (I would not presume to tell players how to play their roles) they can find a third boss from dongs list.

Nobody cc'd town boss so at least one of them is telling the truth

Right. That's what I was trying to ask - who do you think from dongs's list is a boss if it's not you?

(Like I said, I'm pretty sure the boss from that list is not outfit aligned, so that's kind of where I'm trying to look right now).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
AN, CPig, or Ccat. I think the point of the merc is for the bosses to hunt each other, and those 3 have been lurky, which is much safer. Me, surd, and AA have engaged in conversation.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm surprised you aren't pushing Absurd Revolver, Adahn.

His is the only name that appears on both of our lists.

Can you reveal your list for us?

But realtalk, specifying there was an assassin in the game before noone else mentioned it is a massive :siren: Scum slip :siren: and I'm sorry I have to lynch you D1 again Adahn :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Actually, AN is posting a bit too, and ccat is away, so my money is on cpig.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not sorry you're scum tho.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol you didn't even cross reference our lists, you're just throwing shade on everyone that isn't you

:allears:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I had no N0 actions.

It's fine if you don't believe me about the assassin role, I'm not lying when I was talking about the role that bypasses protection. It has nothing to do with your merc.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dongs was on your list infin, the rest is useless.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
AR said he didn't want me lynched D1. Could have just been being nice, but it also unnecessarily narrows down dongs' pool.

If you guys do decide to flip me, you should coordinate your lists beforehand, because I'm not a boss.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

It's fine if you don't believe me about the assassin role, I'm not lying when I was talking about the role that bypasses protection. It has nothing to do with your merc.

*bzzt* Wrong.

You were the FIRST person that mentioned assassins in this game. Something you'd only know by having a Boss role PM, and an INCREDIBLY odd point to raise when noone else was talking about something similar.

I'm sorry you scum slipped.

Proof is in the pudding as they say~

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Infinitum, are you stupid?

Assassin is a mafia - specific role that performs a night kill that can bypass protection. I used that word specifically because I read the role list on the somethingawful mafia wiki. I speculated that scum might have a shine assassin.

That has nothing to do with your mercenary. Dongs coming out is risky because if scum has a shine ASSASSIN neither a doc nor a bodyguard can save him. The merc can probably be stopped by docs/bodyguards I hope.

Quit being an idiot, please.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like realtalk, Dongs is a boss and I can confirm that by having the exact same role PM as he does. He revealed genuine information about the role, rather than guessing like Hiipfire did in the Shine 1 game.

When I went to bed I was 100% expecting to wake up to Dongs putting his foot in it and coming off extremely scummy, and making a proper case for him as the D1 lynch target, but the only one that comes off extremely scummy and opportunistic is yourself Adahn.
I'm not tunnelling you for information here, you have genuinely scum slipped and revealed information that only a boss could know. I know you're scum.

"Oh I can't visit anyone at night" - Why would you mention you can't visit anyone. Noone prompted you to say this, nor was it in a response to a question that you would have revealed this information for.
Bosses don't visit anyone. We give Podima a list of players for snooping, and a name to Podima for him to pass onto the Assassin. There is 0 visiting or movement involved.

And as a response to your latest post I saw while previewing the above.

Adahn1986 posted:

Infinitum, are you stupid?
Quit being an idiot, please.

Again throwing shade by baseless name calling and "LOL INFINITUM NEVER TRIES THIS HARD IGNORE HIM!"

quote:

Assassin is a mafia - specific role that performs a night kill that can bypass protection. I used that word specifically because I read the role list on the somethingawful mafia wiki. I speculated that scum might have a shine assassin.

Once again, if you scroll up to the post above yours, you'll notice you were the first person to talk about the role and is an extremely loving odd thing to point out when were were only talking about Bosses.

quote:

That has nothing to do with your mercenary.

MY mercenary? Lying again Adahn?

tut tut

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Once Dongs comes in I'm sure he's going to come to the exact same conclusion, that you're a scum boss, because we've both have the exact same role PM.

I lynched you D1 recently in another game Adahn, and I would genuinely not be pushing you here, unless I believed you were 100% scum.

I'm pretty sure you're going to flip Scum Godfather here.
Sorry my man :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, does anyone else find it a bit strange that infin's play is a bit scummy while dongs' kind of isnt, and people will jump to defend infin but not dongs (besides me for some insane reason)?

Also, a bunch of people voted dongs, but not really infin.

It's almost like infinitum has a support system in place that dongsbot lacks.

Probably just me, though.

Also, infinitum thinks I'm the scum boss, but you're not gonna hear a peep in my defense. Do you want to know why? Because I'm just a townie.

If it's just your ineffable charisma, great job infinitum! So much support for a lonesome townie boss piping up from nowhere, for no reason.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Oh and I'll be submitting a kill order to the assassin on Truth Quark tonight, cause he's your scumbro. :siren:

What do you think Dongbro?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, does anyone else find it a bit strange that infin's play is a bit scummy while dongs' kind of isnt, and people will jump to defend infin but not dongs (besides me for some insane reason)?

Also, a bunch of people voted dongs, but not really infin.

It's almost like infinitum has a support system in place that dongsbot lacks.

Probably just me, though.

Also, infinitum thinks I'm the scum boss, but you're not gonna hear a peep in my defense. Do you want to know why? Because I'm just a townie.

If it's just your ineffable charisma, great job infinitum! So much support for a lonesome townie boss piping up from nowhere, for no reason.

"Man inf is so stupid guys"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhwlcVAClk&t=15s

Like I am presenting facts here mate, and all you're doing is trying to discredit me personally :allears:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Adahn1986 posted:

Backup dongsbot! The universe will never forgive you for getting me kicked out of the bar so soon. Can't we work this out over a pint of shine?

You know what, your scummy pushes are as successful as they are annoying.

I'm a 1-shot Universal Shine Backup. Until I inherit a shine role, I'm vanilla town. My role PM suggests there are multiple people with my role, because if someone else inherits a role before I do then I can't take it.

I tried to emphasize my lack of utility to make myself an unattractive NK target, because I'm pretty much vanilla and there's no reason to give me shine.

Go ahead, flip your townie, and get lynched this time scum infinitum.

I was drunk when I unvoted you, but I think you are scum again this game.

##vote infinidumb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would like to hear some thoughts from someone else for a bit, so I'm going to go play some games and catch some zzzs

I feel I've presented a pretty solid case for Adahn as scum, including all his scum slips and lies.
Anything more at the moment will just be pages of back and forth, and I want to avoid another shitfest like Shine 1 was. 💩

Also have a good read of Truth Quark jumping to Adahn's defence when he starts going off the rails a bit. He's def high on my Scum To Kill list.

Adahn. What are your thoughts on Truth Quark?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
He thinks that if you are both town, then you should be looking for scum in dongs list.

I think you should lynch one, merc one, vig one, whatever. Find the scum boss or 3P boss and eliminate them at all cost, because they will be submitting your names to that list until you are dead.

I full-claimed as an attempt to stop your idiotic ranting, but there are 5 more names on that list.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You saying that you're going to merc TQ of all people is scummy as hell. You have a list that in all likelihood contains the scum boss and you're going to waste it on TQ because he's talking to me?

You're really an idiot. If you're going to pretend to be a town boss, please do a better job.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I'm certainly not going to kill TQ.

I'm going to give his name to Podima, who will in turn give it to the assassin, along with a list of other names from the other bosses, and if the assassin chooses to kill TQ...

Well.. that's his business.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Well I'm certainly not going to kill TQ.

I'm going to give his name to Podima, who will in turn give it to the assassin, along with a list of other names from the other bosses, and if the assassin chooses to kill TQ...

Well.. that's his business.

It's fine, push your townie lynch just like the last game where you were scum and I was town. What happened in that one?

Oh right, it was a flawless scum victory. I think I voted you in that game too, but getting lynched D1 isn't great for your effectiveness.

But yeah, merc whoever you want, you're the boss, not me. I'm just saying that you are not playing this game like a town boss.

Not in the slightest.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:munch:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
excellent casework AA

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

better luck next time!

##vote adahn

sorry I've been posting infrequently today, ive had a migraine for two days in a row now and all your words and colors are an irritant

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You know, I've asked myself previously, if you're scum and you know I'm town, isn't it a bad idea to get me lynched?

But it's really not. It tends to work out for you. You push your case relentlessly without even considering the possibility that you've misread something, and if you convince enough people to vote me, well, you cased me well enough that they must have themselves believed I was scum. You move on and win the game.

That's not what it is, though. It's a scummy push, and you know it. Who do you want merc'd? TQ. What was his suggestion? Have cops investigate the boss claims.

You want him dead.

I suggest you might be a scum boss?

Lynch him boys!

Your targets give you up, infinitum. They're so obvious, and so blatant, that you must be hoping to survive your initial mistake by sheer force of willpower.

Will it work? All you can do is keep bussing me, hope the merc kills the guy that suggested investigating you, and cross your fingers.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not pushing the case relentlessly.

I've made a fairly solid case against you, presented solid facts and information, revealed your scum slips and lies, and now I'm waiting for others to weigh in with their opinions.
Relentlessly pushing the case helps noone, and shits up the thread with 20 pages of a slap fight noone wants to read. (Also I've been told to be a good boy this game)

So OK great you think I'm scum. Can you present a counter-case without resorting to name calling and attempting to undermine my credibility? Can you present facts like I have?

Absurd Revolver posted:

your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

This as well.

Adahn when you play town you attempt to analyse posts and provide thoughtful running commentary. I've seen you do it.
All you've done here is name call, and try to initiate a slap-fight.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

Sup porky pig.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

excellent casework AA

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

better luck next time!

##vote adahn

sorry I've been posting infrequently today, ive had a migraine for two days in a row now and all your words and colors are an irritant

Well, you're a smart guy so if he's convinced you I'm probably boned.

The only thing I'll ask is that you don't make it a turbo. I've been on vacation and am flying back home today. I'll give you guys my reads on everyone who's substantially posted so far.

I promise I'm going to flip town, as the role I've claimed, so hopefully you'll find it useful.

You can all give me that much, can't you? I won't get to play the game, but I can at least do the best to achieve my win condition. Even if I were scum (I'm not) at worst you could choose to ignore my opinions.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:five::five::five::five::five::sbahj::master::sbahj::five::five::five::five::five:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I don't think adahn is scum btw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

I can at least do the best to achieve my win condition

Shouldn't this read "do the best to help town win"? :nyoron:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
inf if ur wrong ur next bitch

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
kill all bosses

empower the mafiateriat

full communism now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

inf if ur wrong ur next bitch

Fight me irl

Also you're on both mine and Dongs list.

What say you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

smh my fault for choosing a poor time to release the sample for my mixtape but i cant believe i cant even get my own hypeman to listen to it

• Locked thread