Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
infi, does ur scum team have a way of loving w/ cop investigations or r u just dumb as bricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

heres some bars i thought up when i was gonna diss you

i dont even know what the gently caress to say about australia
aint that some anime poo poo some hetalia
queen on your money british regalia
aint they so backwards they just got metallica

those rhymes arent very good thats why they didnt make it to the final cut

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like we both have the same loving pm and we know that it doesnt say assassin as a role

Fine it loving says Killer.
Same difference.

Now look 2 words to the right of that.

The point still stands that it's an odd word to mention in a mafia game as it's a non-standard role, and you would be musing more along the lines of serial killers, juggernauts, and what have you.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Infinitum I really think you are pushing this case that is based on semantics and its not a very good case

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Fine it loving says Killer.
Same difference.

Now look 2 words to the right of that.

The point still stands that it's an odd word to mention in a mafia game as it's a non-standard role, and you would be musing more along the lines of serial killers, juggernauts, and what have you.

are you loving dense from the very beginning adahn used assassin to mean strongman b/c he hasnt played many games w/ us and he browsed the sa mafia wiki and saw a role called assassin that is basicaly what a strongman is

u can even look at his answer to my question and its fairly clear he doesnt really know what a strongman is

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ur just trolling me u even mention juggernauts in your post

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is it illegal for ppl to read posts in mafia games ne more

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i also dont think its anarc nemore so dont worry my clown friend (clown is pronounced the french way as popularized by the baskets)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i also dont think its anarc nemore so dont worry my clown friend (clown is pronounced the french way as popularized by the baskets)

is that a good show and should I watch it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
cuz I just finished the Knick and it was pretty depressing so comedy sounds good

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

baskets is good but its not not depressing

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

baskets is good but its not not depressing

is all TV now either a police procedural or super depressing?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i really liked season 1 of the leftovers wihch i think a lot of tv nerds tink is the most depressing show ever made

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i really liked season 1 of the leftovers wihch i think a lot of tv nerds tink is the most depressing show ever made

the knick season 2 basically ends with the worst people in the world winning while anyone with a shred of dignity or goodness is either destroyed or forever changed by the horrors inflicted upon them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK if we are to believe Adahn's case for a minute, not that I do, that he's not a boss...

Lets cross reference Dongs+my list list.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat

quote:

Mayor Glowku, Dongsbot 9000, SirSamVimes, Absurd Revolver

- Adahn appears on his list as a possible Boss suspect. <<Forgot to mention this in my case earlier as well :v:
- Absurd Revolver appears on BOTH of our lists.
- Dongs has claimed a boss properly and is on my list.

I thought Glowku came off super loving scummy, 3 turbos in a row, which is why I voted him initially. He's since gone mum a bit.

Might have a read of the others as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watch Broadchurch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It has David Ten-inch in it :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=514GKK0NXJ4

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

Watch Broadchurch

i tried i swear i tried but three episodes is all i could give that show

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Your "at least one" pulled dongs out. That means you have zero information on SSV, glowku, and AR.

That makes sense to everyone, right? Only dongs' list is useful because it certainly contains at least one unknown boss. Yours does not.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Explained another way, if you submitted a list of three people tonight with SSV, glowku, and AR, you could get a hit, or you could get no hits. You have no clue what the result of that query would be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So? My list can potentially find more than 1 boss?

You get positive results if at least one person is a boss.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I find Adahn's roleclaim completely plausible based on information that I have. I'm beginning to think that this is a town slapfight.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Right, but since dongs claimed, we can't say definitively one way or the other. Adahn is right that only dongs's list is useful. It's not like your positive result increased the likelihood of the other 3 dudes on your list being bosses

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Right, but you got dongs. You cannot glean useful information from any of the others without submitting another query. The fact that you both picked AR is a coincidence.

Also, AR has knowledge of a process (shine lottery) about which I had no clue, and was the first to describe it. The only way for him to have that info would be to be a part of it, OR to get the info from a mafioso in the scumdoc.

Which would be brilliant.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

excellent casework AA

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

better luck next time!

##vote adahn

sorry I've been posting infrequently today, ive had a migraine for two days in a row now and all your words and colors are an irritant

Absurd Revolver posted:

inf if ur wrong ur next bitch

Hmmm, that's an interesting train of thought. Support infini, get me flipped, use that to flip infini tomorrow, and use info from the scumdoc to claim to be a part of the shine lottery and avoid detection by the other bosses. Initially he didn't want me flipped, and I found that odd, but it narrows down Dongs' list. Now that there's a path to flipping infini through me and he thinks he can fake his way out of getting checked by the other bosses, he's back on me.

He also knows I'm inexperienced and would easily use incorrect terminology in this situation (have never played a game with a strongman, but have read the roles list where it's called an assassin).

Did you roll scum again AR?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Adahn1986 posted:

Hmmm, that's an interesting train of thought. Support infini, get me flipped, use that to flip infini tomorrow, and use info from the scumdoc to claim to be a part of the shine lottery and avoid detection by the other bosses. Initially he didn't want me flipped, and I found that odd, but it narrows down Dongs' list. Now that there's a path to flipping infini through me and he thinks he can fake his way out of getting checked by the other bosses, he's back on me.

He also knows I'm inexperienced and would easily use incorrect terminology in this situation (have never played a game with a strongman, but have read the roles list where it's called an assassin).

Did you roll scum again AR?

i actually didn't even know what an assassin was until it got brought up in this thread

your theory is cool and smart but it relies on a lot of circumstantial arguments

like it would be cool if that was my strategy and you found me out, but the truth is far more boring, that im town playing a town game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, if we believe dongs and infin are both town bosses, then we absolutely should lynch someone on dongs' list.

You and infin are dead certain it's me because the wiki calls a strongman an assassin, but it might be worth looking at the others since I'm going to flip as exactly the role I claimed.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Adahn1986 posted:

Well, if we believe dongs and infin are both town bosses, then we absolutely should lynch someone on dongs' list.

You and infin are dead certain it's me because the wiki calls a strongman an assassin, but it might be worth looking at the others since I'm going to flip as exactly the role I claimed.

hmm, i guess as i think more about it, it could have honestly been a mistake, but the way you're acting as mentioned by inf and AA is not how you play town usually, and that's pinging me more than anything

i'll ##unvote for now while i go and reread a little, but help me understand why you're getting so jumpy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I got lynched as town D1 by a scum infinitum push based on nothing in another game.

It's annoying. But, he seems to be considering the fact that I used a word you're not familiar with so ##unvote

On a plane anyways. But yeah, I'm not a boss and never claimed to be one. Someone on dongs' listbis, though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Adahn1986 posted:

Actually, AN is posting a bit too, and ccat is away, so my money is on cpig.

please, tell me why your money is on me. I'll wait. :allears:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

I love you dongsbot, with all my heart.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

kill all bosses

empower the mafiateriat

full communism now

I already made this joke.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Classic scum move.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, we need to all figure out who we are/are not willing to vote today because I'm having genuine concern over if we're going to get a lynch in today.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I honestly feel like everyone who is arguing is town and whoever scum is is just sitting back and laughing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

No I'm dead certain you're scum boss because you mentioned poo poo from the role PM that only a boss would know, plus a variety of other reasons I've gone over at length.

When you talk about roles, you talk about poo poo like cops, doctors, roleblockers, etc, etc. You don't immediately go to the exotic poo poo like assassins..

We've got 7 1/2 hours until deadline.
I'm going to bed in a minute.

There would need to be an extremely compelling case on someone else to make me swap my vote at this point.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

I honestly feel like everyone who is arguing is town and whoever scum is is just sitting back and laughing.

we do have an awful lot of lurkers

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

loving great

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Are you laughing? :nyoron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
still trying to read 160 posts (gently caress) but gently caress dongs ur the best mafia player never leave

• Locked thread