Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

Are you laughing? :nyoron:

No I am shaking my head at everyone being dumb and lamenting the state of the shine business these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think this is probably a huge town slapfight and scum are just sitting back and :munch:ing

In Disney Princesses, infinitum did some fun and hilarious song writing which caused him to coast for a very long time. Turns out he was scum. I'm not gonna let someone get away with trying to entertain the thread to stay alive again.

Notice that AA's story of rereading the thread actually has very little content. There's nothing to back up any of his suspicions or vote. It's more like a summary of the thread than commentary and that is inherently scummy.

##vote aa

Yeah, that chain of AA posts also made me wonder. There was nothing there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think Adahn is likely what he says he is.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I got the role I picked, s' all I know.

same! but i assume it was for the vanilla town and then they choose one they wanted and pod did some rng or something to determine who got their role but i was prob the only one who picked mine lol

anyways infinitum is prob scum he always plays super aggresive as scum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

same! but i assume it was for the vanilla town and then they choose one they wanted and pod did some rng or something to determine who got their role but i was prob the only one who picked mine lol

anyways infinitum is prob scum he always plays super aggresive as scum

same with me, most people probably looked at my role and went "that's totally useless"

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i choose it for the lols

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm going to bed, almost 3am. Here's my summarised case for Adahn, including links to all the relevant points.

quote:

tl;dr summary of why Adahn is scum - He's scum slipped all over the place

I believe there to be 3 bosses in the game.
- Town Boss
- Scum Boss
- 3P Boss

Dongs is going to be the 3P boss for claiming like an idiot lol, but seems to genuinely pro-town so he lives for now.

:siren: Adahn is 100% the scum boss for having information he would only have via being a boss himself, and is likely the Scum Godfather. :siren:

Vote Adahn and lynch scum D1
##vote Adahn1986

Also keep in mind that Adahn was on Dongsbot list that got a positive hit for a Boss.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

Finally from a meta perspective, he's not playing a town game, which AR picked up on.

Absurd Revolver posted:

and while I didn't want to lynch you before, the evidence is pretty damning. your town game is super solid, but you tend to struggle as scum, as you did in Trump.

Infinitum posted:

This as well.

Adahn when you play town you attempt to analyse posts and provide thoughtful running commentary. I've seen you do it.
All you've done here is name call, and try to initiate a slap-fight.

Adahn is my vote for today. Will be around for lynch.

He's claiming Loved Universal Shine Backup, but that is likely a ploy to get the real backup to counter-claim to get taken out.

Other things to keep in mind:
- Truth Quark is pinging me as a likely scumbro for coming to Adahn's defence.
- Mayor Glowku played an extremely scummy opening with all the turbos, and is unlike him. Once called out on it has gone extremely quiet.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

i choose it for the lols

i'm glad i picked mine because it has some grade a podima flavor in there

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anywaysssssss adahn seems super defensive and most likely ill vote for him so we dont have a no lynch but ill also vote for infinitum noted irl scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Oh that's what I forgot to add as the 3rd thing. JakeP claimed Reckless Night Vigilante.

Potentially looking at 3 deaths tonight:
- JakeP either killing himself or killing scum
- Scum nightkill
- Killer assassination, who can chose his target from a list of targets submitted via the bosses (1 name per boss. Bosses submit the name to Podima. We do not know who the Killer is)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I could actually see Glowku being scum with his rush in and disappear tactic, which we all agree is scum 101, but I don't know if we can get a drive behind it. I'm putting out my feels vote ##vote Glowku but I am concerned over wether lynching him is possible with how lurky people have been so far.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I actually am really starting to think this is Infinitum's scum game but I would rather wait before we lynch any bosses.

##vote Flying Leatherman :justpost:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
That or he's just being a Quidnose and tunneling super hard to the exclusion of everything else.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

I actually am really starting to think this is Infinitum's scum game but I would rather wait before we lynch any bosses.

##vote Flying Leatherman :justpost:

I've been around most of the morning, friend. :)

At the moment, I'd rather lynch into the remainder of dongsbot's list (AR, AA, AN, Cpig, Cat); as I stated before, I have a feeling that there's a non-town boss somewhere in that list. Adahn's claim is believable to me based on game information that I have.

Of those, I'd be most interested in AA right now. ANarc made a good point that the "drunk reread" was more of a summary than commentary (I believe that was the phrasing used), and I tend to agree. Cpig reads like Cpig to me, I don't have anything from Cat yet to make a decision, Anarc made some good points (the "assassin" thing does feel like a semantic point especially after this came out), and while AR's been relatively quiet so far there hasn't been anything overtly scummy per se.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Catching up:

Adahn1986 posted:

FYI I'm loved today so if you're going to lunch me today make sure you have an extra vote. Wouldn't want the day to accidentally end in a no-lynch.

Did you address why you were loved today?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I really, really hope you're scum infini. You're likely going to get me with all of this insanity and deceit, but I'm pretty sure you'll be the lynch tomorrow.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Oooooh noooo it's Shine 1 all over again where I come back to D1 and there are a million posts :mad:

Quidnose posted:

Catching up:

Before I go back and catch up, I am also loved today. I don't know why, other than "an event has occurred".

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Catching up:

Someone else's N0 action? I didn't get more info than that.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i can confirm that i am not loved

:smith:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Oooooh noooo it's Shine 1 all over again where I come back to D1 and there are a million posts :mad:

Before I go back and catch up, I am also loved today. I don't know why, other than "an event has occurred".

Adahn1986 posted:

Someone else's N0 action? I didn't get more info than that.

Is it just me or do these claims not match up

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also this boss chat is insufferable for anyone not reading the Boss role PM and I am real tired of trying to parse it.

Is Adahn claiming to NOT be a boss, because I thought dongs & Inf both said he has boss Role PM info (even if it's the strongman vs. assassin thing) and for him to keep claiming he doesn't have that role PM if he does is real susp.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Podima said a N0 event was going to happen for some players and Infinitum confirmed he had N0 actions to take. They don't seem to conflict to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

I've been around most of the morning, friend. :)

At the moment, I'd rather lynch into the remainder of dongsbot's list (AR, AA, AN, Cpig, Cat); as I stated before, I have a feeling that there's a non-town boss somewhere in that list. Adahn's claim is believable to me based on game information that I have.

Of those, I'd be most interested in AA right now. ANarc made a good point that the "drunk reread" was more of a summary than commentary (I believe that was the phrasing used), and I tend to agree. Cpig reads like Cpig to me, I don't have anything from Cat yet to make a decision, Anarc made some good points (the "assassin" thing does feel like a semantic point especially after this came out), and while AR's been relatively quiet so far there hasn't been anything overtly scummy per se.

I really think we should be scumhunting instead of blindly following lists of people who's alignments we do not know. This post reeks of capitalizing on this distraction and going after a whole bunch of chaindunks without taking any responsibility for doing so. Would vote FL.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Infinitum posted:

So my ability is each night I can ##snoop on a list of players (As many as I want) and I get told if any of them are rival bosses trying to take over the outfit.

I got a positive result on my investigation~

:siren: At least ONE of these 4 players is a rival boss! :siren:

:getin:

I might suggest for future snoops that it would be better to pick like 1 or 2 players so there's no/less doubt about who the bosses might be.

Quidnose posted:

Is it just me or do these claims not match up

How so?

Absurd Revolver posted:

i can confirm that i am not loved

:smith:

For what it's worth, I think you're a fun person to Mafia with :glomp:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Podima said a N0 event was going to happen for some players and Infinitum confirmed he had N0 actions to take. They don't seem to conflict to me.

Right but MMT said she was loved "because of an event" and Adahn said he was loved "because someone did something to me" and those are in conflict. Are you saying there's an event that made MMT loved AND someone specifically targeted Adahn to make him loved AS WELL? That's weird.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
No I'm just not being incredibly pedantic about it :shrug:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Right but MMT said she was loved "because of an event" and Adahn said he was loved "because someone did something to me" and those are in conflict. Are you saying there's an event that made MMT loved AND someone specifically targeted Adahn to make him loved AS WELL? That's weird.

It says it was because of an event for me as well, I just assumed it was because of N0 actions.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do I believe that Backpedal or not~

Adahn are you still insisting you are not a boss? You're claiming Universal Shine Backup right?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Unless you think Adahn just claimed loved in order to try to get us to move off of him for fear of a no lynch?

Getting MMT to corroborate if their both scum outs both of them if either flip, that would be a really stupid move D1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Do I believe that Backpedal or not~

Adahn are you still insisting you are not a boss? You're claiming Universal Shine Backup right?

I full claimed 1-shot Universal Shine backup, yes. I'm loved only for today, which you will more than likely discover to be true.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Unless you think Adahn just claimed loved in order to try to get us to move off of him for fear of a no lynch?

Getting MMT to corroborate if their both scum outs both of them if either flip, that would be a really stupid move D1.

Yeah I guess without knowing someone else is loved that would be useless. Unless he was the one who made the loved happen but Meh.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

Excellent catch. Still it seems strange for them to both be in the know about being loved unless it's a coordinated gambit and that seems like a stretch.

I am also not loved, nor had no prior knowledge of that as everything my pregame stuff had to deal with was selecting a PR and a second question which was ambiguous as to whether pr not it helped a player, but it was clear neither I or they would know.

So adahn claiming to be targeted by a player is either him reconciling the actuality of n0 actions or somewhat disingenuous, again though, seems farfetched that both him and MMT would end up with the same effect and that be false.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AA spending a lot of time talking about and "putting thought" into how I just made an excellent catch when I really didn't and it took TQ two seconds to see why is setting off some alarm bells there, looks like the dunk argument from Ferngully all over again.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

AA spending a lot of time talking about and "putting thought" into how I just made an excellent catch when I really didn't and it took TQ two seconds to see why is setting off some alarm bells there, looks like the dunk argument from Ferngully all over again.

Eh it's not ferngully though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidnose posted:

how the gently caress are "an event" and "someone did something to me" in conflict???

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I'm not a fan of that AA post either. It seems like buddying up on a very minor inconsistency.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
for someone frustated with the pedantic talk of bosses ur being awfully pedantic

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also you seem to latch onto that first part of my response and nothing else in the post.

I'm fine being lynched this game. Don't have anything to lose and I'm not scum so my death might be useful albeit wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh, poo poo. I need to stop making leaps in logic don't I?

Part of why Infini is sure I'm a boss is because dongs claimed boss and said he also submitted a list, so I'm like, infini must also be a boss even though he never claimed that.

That's not special knowledge, that's common sense.

• Locked thread